Stretching before or After Jelqing/etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stretching before or After Jelqing/etc

I've noticed a good number of routines, I want to say majority, follow the pattern of warm up, stretch, jelqs/girth work, warm down. Makes sense.

But many people knowledgeable about fitness/bodybuilding/muscles/etc will tell you to stretch AFTER your workout. The idea being to further tear your muscles, keep them stretched, loose, and flexible after being already stressed, torn, and enlarged from working out. So why not do jelqs and girth work first and then stretch? (or you could even stretch before and after). It seems like the idea of further growth from stretching in an enlarged state would be very effective at helping gains.

Now I understand the penis isn't the same as biceps or whatever, but I feel like the same principle could apply here, who knows. Thoughts?
    Any help would be appreciated.

You are exactly right. Stretching after jelqing is what seemed theoretically sound and what felt right to me so that's what I've always done. I've talked with some big gainers and everyone seems to be in agreement. There is also plenty of evidence to suggest that it can help give the penis a chance to heal in an elongated state. Do light stretches after your warmup for the sake of precaution and to further facilitate circulation. Then do your jelqs/ulis/440s/whatever you do that beats your dick up. After you've worn your johnson out, stretching will be easier and more effective.

My two cents.

PE: If you build it, she will come.
    :o

My log: https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...p-e-n-i-s.html

Comment

Just started PE myself but I warmup, stretch, jelq, stretch, warm down
      Starting Length: 6.5in (sept 28, 2011)
      Length: 7.125, Girth (MS): 4.75 (nov 27, 2011)
      Short term goal: 6.75in (complete)
      Long term goal: 7.5in (no rush)

Comment

I read this thread about 2 weeks ago and decided to try and stretch before my jelqs. I had been jelqing than stretching with the JP 90 routine. I notice that my flaccid is a little longer and it doesn't seem to turtle as much. Now I don't really know if it's because I have changed to streching than jelqing than stretching? I also added some traction wrap after my routine. I don't really know if it's one or the other? It could be the combination of both of them. I am going to continue with this routine and check out my results at the end of the month. I will let you know how my gains are with both erect and flaccid for the month.

Comment

What would be ideal to do would be warm up -> WARM UP stretches (ex: a set of 30 second tugs) -> jelqs -> stretching routine (your major stretch routine) -> warm down
          Start
          6.75" BPEL (6.125" NBP)
          4.8" MEG

07/2017
          8.125" BPEL (7.25" NBP)
          5.25" MEG (5.75" Base)

09/2019 (Restart from 2 Year Break)
          7.625" BPEL (6.5625" NBP)
          5.125" MEG (5.875" BEG)
          4.25" NBPFL x 4.25" FG

Comment

The way we exercise and set out our routine is all about trial and error, the only way to know for sure is to give it a try. I have experimented in so many ways and have done stretches before jelqs for a while then spent a few weeks doing jelqs before stretches before i could conclude what was best for me. My advice is do the same and monitor your PI's/body clues throughout the experimenting stages that way you will know whats right for you because the fact is ...not everybody is the same and so their penises will not allways respond the same.
            Oh yeah ...one more thing, for every guy who has made substancial gains by performing girth before length / jelq before stretching there is another guy who has made the same gains by doing the opposite.
            Starting stats : BPEL 6.25" NBPEL 5.6" EG 4.8"
            Current stats : BPEL 7" NBPEL 6.25" EG 5"
            Main Goal : BPEL 7.5" NBPEL 6.75" EG 5.5"

Comment

Well what if you were to add stretch between your jelq sets? I started doing that. I added tunica stretches. Like - tunica stretches, 100 jelqs, tunica stretches, v jelqs and so on. Makes sense, right?
              Future owner of a glorious cock.

I'll call it, the thunder dragon.

Comment

Have any of you members ever used the traction wrap after their routine? If so, did you find it helpful with your length gains in erect or flaccid state or both? Getting back to the question about light stretches, jelqing then stretches. I find it a little hard to hold your glans while stretching your penis after jelqing. You have to be careful not to put to much lube or oil on your penis. I find it just about impossible to get a good hold of your glans if they are to lubed up. Any comments on this or quick fixes?

Comment

I measured last night and had a 1/4 of an inch gain in lenth for the month. My girth did not change seeing that I had used the traction wrap after my routine. To sum it up I don't really know for a fact that it was doing the light stretches, jelqing than finishing with the stretches or the fact that I used the traction wrap. As far as I know it could have been a combination of both.

Comment

When I first got into this, the conventional wisdom was to warm up, jelq, then stretch. I was never conventional. I would warm up, stretch, then jelq.

The logic was that the stretch was part of the warm up and was less "brutal" on the penis then the jelq which forces blood in and out. I like to think the stretching gave further elasticitly to hold more blood and such. Also, ending with jelqs left me plump after the work out. Stretching after tends to leave me "thin" again.

Bottomline is that it worked for me. And now I still like doing my stretches first, but Im entertaining the idea of doing them splitting them up before and after. I like some of the comments above about flaccid state afterwards.

Comment

I more or less do a 1/4 of my stretches then jelq then I finish with my stretches. So I am just doing a light stretch before my jelqs.

Comment

Only just started PE but I also stretch before and after jelqing, Applying the same logic that is used for sports.

I stretch during the warm-up in the shower, jelq, stretch and then warm-down
                        My progress log

Comment

Hmmm maybe I should do this my on my next PE routine . This could lead to some gains the EL department !!!

Comment

My early routine was totally different: I spent 15 minutes warming up until my cock was half erect, and ready for jelqing. I jelqed progressively for three months on a daily basis. At the beginning of my fourth month, I added the stretches to my jelqing session. At that point I was jelqing for 90 minutes. The half hour of stretching added to the 90 minutes of jelqing resulted in a two hour marathon session, which I continued daily. This lasted for the next two months during which I gained dramatically. Up until that point, I gained nothing other than a half inch improved EQ during the first two weeks. (I also began some marathon edging sessions (two to three hours) usually late at night. I did these two to three days in a row without ejaculating. I'm sure they also contributed to my rapid gains during months four and five).

I wanted my cock "spent" from the marathon jelqing session before I started the stretches so that it would be as loose as a noodle--worked great for me.
                            Going411x7
                            Last edited by Going411x7; 11-29-2011, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by going411by7 View Post
                              My early routine was totally different: I spent 15 minutes warming up until my cock was half erect, and ready for jelqing. I jelqed progressively for three months on a daily basis. At the beginning of my fourth month, I added the stretches to my jelqing session. At that point I was jelqing for 90 minutes. The half hour of stretching added to the 90 minutes of jelqing resulted in a two hour marathon session, which I continued daily. This lasted for the next two months during which I gained dramatically. Up until that point, I gained nothing other than a half inch improved EQ during the first two weeks. (I also began some marathon edging sessions (two to three hours) usually late at night. I did these two to three days in a row without ejaculating. I'm sure they also contributed to my rapid gains during months four and five).

I wanted my cock "spent" from the marathon jelqing session before I started the stretches so that it would be as loose as a noodle--worked great for me.

WOW 2 hours! Did you jelq for 90 minutes straight or do the stretches half way through?
                              2/10/2010 (BPEL 5.2 x EG 4.9)
                              7/2/2011 (BPEL 5.9 x EG 5.2) Stopped :(
                              21/9/2011 (BPEL 6.0 x EG 5.2) Started :)
                              1/4/2012 (BPEL 7.0 x EG 5.7) NOW!

GymBoi's Progress Log

Comment

Working...
                              X