Stretching in theory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stretching in theory?

What exactly is the philosophy behind stretching before every session? Does it theoratically serve the same purpose as stretching with devices (Jes Extender etc), the philosophy being that you put the tissue under stress for a longer period of time which makes it grow. In that case, is 30 sec per stretch really enough? Shouldn't you hold that pose in at least 6 hrs or so? I hope you understand what I mean. Or is there another thought behind it.

I hold my stretches for ever-longer periods (working up to 6 minutes per stretch, personally). However, I don't pull very hard. A hard pull + long duration is not going to equal gains. I feel that you need to ease your penis into a maximal and optimal stretch gently rather than just yanking as hard as you can. I've found this to give me the best gains in length. I've seen a routine that has a 20 minute stretch in it that's given guys good gains as well. I don't think I'd ever be able to do that manually, but I may modify an extender in the future to experiment with that kind of stretch.

ADS (All Day Stretchers), things like extenders, have more of a "time under load" principle that equals gains. This is the idea of a gentle stretch all day to make gains. I've never used just an extender on its own, although I would say I have gained from using an extender in addition to manual exercises. The extender companies generally tell you to wear an extender as much as you can and you'll see faster gains. I'm not sure if this is truly the case or not, but I believe it to be. I can only think of one extender that went through a 24 hour wear and supposedly the guy gained a hefty amount in a short time, after a prolonged plateau. The problems with extenders, in my opinion, are that they are far too cumbersome and possibly dangerous. The danger's less on the list for me, personally, than the cumbersome nature of them. They're safe to wear as long as you keep an eye on them and NEVER wear them while you sleep.

Plenty of men have gained with just manual stretching, so I don't believe stretching REQUIRES all-day TUL (time under load) to be effective. It may help, yes, perhaps even be more effective, but it's not necessary.

Comment

I believe it is important to stretch before Jelqing to make sure everything is loosened up to prevent injury. I don't stretch very much because it causes me to turtle more than I would like, about 5 minutes of simple 5 way stretches seem to be just fine for me. My stretches are not very intense at all, they are just hard enough to feel a good tug on my ligs. ADS seem to be a great supplement but like Keido they are not required to make gains. A routine based solely on an ADS will not produce the same results as a manual exercise routine.

I would like to add that the Tunica responds to heat, this will cause it to stretch easier and without as much force. It is important that you have a great deal of heat in your unit while stretching to maximize results. When you wear an ADS you don't have that kind of heat present and it will take a much longer time to see the same results.

Comment

What about stretching while its wrapped in a warm or hot cloth, does combining the two stages help at all? Haven't read anything about that...seems like an obvious idea though.

Comment

Working...
        X