Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you don't work out your biceps twice in a row why your penis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you don't work out your biceps twice in a row why your penis?

Just food for thought as it has been something thats been in my mind

Why would you work out your penis multiple days before a rest day when you wouldn't work out any other muscle like this. I'm sure most of us know the dangers of overrtraining so why do we risk it on our fellow downstairs?

I agree!

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

Well our penis isn't a muscle, and you can work your biceps every day if you want depending on the training you do.

Obviously if you do a orthodox work out on biceps doing 3-4 exercises at 4-6 sets per exercise you can't train each day.

But remember length exercises are stretching, you should stretch your legs every day etc, so the penis ligs are no different, but people do allow days to rest to avoid injury since we are pretty much pushing these stretches to the max.

As for girth related exercises working the smooth muscle, the intensity of these exercises dictate how often the individual can train it, and it also goes down to the individual, some people can overtrain doing relatively light and quick routines.

At the end of the day if you want to only do PE once a week like you would any body part at the gym, then go for it, let us know how your gains go if you do this.

Comment

Originally posted by NewBeliever View Post
        Well our penis isn't a muscle, and you can work your biceps every day if you want depending on the training you do.

Obviously if you do a orthodox work out on biceps doing 3-4 exercises at 4-6 sets per exercise you can't train each day.

But remember length exercises are stretching, you should stretch your legs every day etc, so the penis ligs are no different, but people do allow days to rest to avoid injury since we are pretty much pushing these stretches to the max.

As for girth related exercises working the smooth muscle, the intensity of these exercises dictate how often the individual can train it, and it also goes down to the individual, some people can overtrain doing relatively light and quick routines.

At the end of the day if you want to only do PE once a week like you would any body part at the gym, then go for it, let us know how your gains go if you do this.

excellent point I see what you mean...No I will not work it out once a week (I NEED GAINS!!!) but I will go a 1 day on / off routine like I would any other muscle but stretch everyday (probably just jai stretches something I don't need to spend 15mins warming up for)

Comment

The penis isn't a biceps. With a biceps workout, the goal is to forcibly break down muscle tissue and toughen the tendons and ligaments through contractions against resistance. The resulting cellular damage requires several days' rest for recuperation and overcompensation. You can also stretch the fascia of the biceps to allow it to expand further, and this is where there's some similarity with PE. Fascial stretching doesn't cause the extent of cellular damage that muscle tissue breakdown causes, so you don't need nearly as much rest.

There is some ligament toughening in PE workouts from stamina work but the volume is (or should be) as such that you don't require several days' recuperation, as overdoing stamina work can be quite panful and even lead to temporary ED.

Many people like to compare PE to a bodybuilding workout, but it's actually more like yoga or a gymnastics workout for flexibility in the way it affects the penile tissues.
          Big Al
          Administrator
          PEGym Editor
          Male Enhancement Coach Rep.
          PEGym Hero
          Last edited by Big Al; 05-12-2009, 08:03 PM.
          Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
            The penis isn't a biceps. With the biceps workout, the goal is to forcibly break down muscle tissue and toughen the tendons and ligaments through contractions against resistance. The resulting cellular damage requires several days' rest for recuperation and overcompensation. You can also stretch the fascia of the biceps to allow it to expand further, and this is where there's some similarity with PE. Fascial stretching doesn't cause the extent of cellular damage that muscle tissue breakdown causes, so you don't need nearly as much rest.

There is some ligament toughening in PE workouts from stamina work but the volume is (or should be) as such that you don't require several days' recuperation, as overdoing stamina work can be quite panful and even lead to temporary ED.

Many people like to compare PE to a bodybuilding workout, but it's actually more like yoga or a gymnastics workout for flexibility in the way it affects the penile tissues.
            I just read NewBeliever's post and saw that his and my responses are quite similar- my apologies

I would like to point out that the penis does contain some smooth muscle tissue, and the muscles responsible for raising the penis (PC) can be worked through PNF-style stretching for greather penis length.
            Big Al
            Administrator
            PEGym Editor
            PEGym Hero
            Last edited by Big Al; 05-06-2009, 10:35 AM.

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by NewBeliever View Post

Good reply!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                I just read NewBeliever's post and saw that his and my responses are quite similar- my apologies

I would like to point out that the penis does contain some smooth muscle tissue, and the muscles responsible for raising the penis (PC) can be worked through PNF-style stretching for greather penis length.
                Looking at it through a PNF method is interesting. How would you initiate pnf type training for the penis?

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernJoe View Post
                  Looking at it through a PNF method is interesting. How would you initiate pnf type training for the penis?
                  This article is taken from one of my sites- I call it the "PNF Stretch for the penis" :

From Big Al- I created this exercise because I've been using PNF stretching to assist me in my muscular growth, and the results have been phenomenal!

PNF is an acronym for proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation. It's actually a combination of passive and isometric stretching. It's been proven that voluntary contraction during a stretch increases tension on the muscle. The theory behind the success of PNF stretching lies in the golgi tendon organs. The golgi tendon inhibits muscular activation. Using PNF stretching increases the threshold of the golgi tendon organ, allowing you to get a more powerful contraction and a more effective stretch. So, when the voluntary contraction is stopped, the muscle is even more inhibited from contracting against a subsequent stretch.

A lot of serious researchers in the field of human biology believe that the endomysium and perimysium (fascia) are chiefly responsible for the restriction of muscle growth. There is strong evidence that suggests that bodybuilders that have incorporated "fascial stretching" into their routines have seen greater gains and deeper muscle separation.

Why should this matter to those of us only interested in enlarging our penises? Well, the stretching also has an effect on the ligaments as well.

Here's where things get interesting:
                  "The fundiform ligament is a thickening of the superficial penile fascia, deep to which is the suspensory ligament which is a continuity with Buck's fascia. The attachment of the ligament to the pubic symphysis maintains the penile position during erection. Severance of this ligament will lead to a lower angulation of the penile shaft during erection." Reference: "Male Genital Anatomy" from the Boston University School Of Medicine- http://www.bumc.bu.edu/Dept/Content....partmentid=371

Stretching this ligament using PNF-style stretching should allow it to stretch beyond any levels that you were able to stretch using traditional stretches.

The way PNF stretching works is that a muscle has to be fully "pumped" in order for it to work. Since the penis itself has no real muscular structure that concerns us in this endeavor (the penis does contain muscle tissue- skeletal on the other end of the suspensory ligament [which is the muscle that you use to voluntarily raise your penis] most of it assists in the ejaculation process), you need to attack the ligaments from the other end. It also contains smooth muscle throughout the corpora- none of which can be contracted voluntarily. We do this by performing PC/BC exercises like Towel Raises and Kegels to exhaustion. Once you have gone to "failure" with these exercises, you'll proceed to the PNF stretch.

Here's a sample routine outlined from start to finish:

Kegels: Hold for up to 100 seconds squeezing very intensely. Once you fail, attempt to keep holding until you can't even contract for more than 3 seconds because of fatigue.

Now, immediately stretch your penis using a good amount of intensity for 15-20 seconds. This is called the "passive stretch" phase. Maintaining the pull, attempt to contract against the pull LIGHTLY (as if you were doing a kegel or towel raise) for 7-15 seconds. This is known as the "isometric stretch" phase. It's imperative that you stretch LIGHTLY! Stretching hard against a kegel makes it very likely that you'll snap ligaments. Rest for 2-3 seconds, then attempt one final stretch (passive stretch) for 10-15 seconds. THAT'S IT!

Research has shown that 1 set of this every 5-7 days will maximize fascial/ligament expansion and allow you to achieve your full length potential (with some possible gains in girth!)
                  NEW (as of May 26, 2005)- Several members have reported good results with increasing the repetitions and frequency of their PNF stretches after two weeks. If you feel that you can recover from 1 stretch every 5-7 days, you should first increase the frequency of your PNF stretches to 3-4 times a week. Then, add 1-2 repetitions per week.

Comment

Big Al, you are my new favorite forum member. You're absolutely right in that PNF stretching is, by far, the best type of stretch (it's given me substantially more hamstring flexibility which feels awesome)! You seem like a fitness/gym nut like myself.

I was theorizing about this method myself. It's funny how when you do something for long enough you become somewhat of a philosopher. I often analyze exercises and decipher their effectiveness, PE is no different! So it's actually hilarious that I keep stumbling into threads like this and finding my theories as other people's methods.

I haven't been doing too much crazy stuff yet, just some simple stretches and jelqs because I'm still a nubcake. Although I will be sure to incorporate this into my stretches more often. There's no evidence why it would be any LESS effective, so I see no reason not to.

Also, in regards to the actual topic question: Basically what people have already said. I train biceps once a week, although stretching is advised 5-7 times a week (AFAA recommendations). Also, skeletal muscle and smooth muscle are two different worlds, and when you "work" your biceps your goal is microtrauma, followed by cellular hypertrophy (repair/growth). From what I've read so far, this is different than the PE theory or growth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jelqasaurus View Post
                      Big Al, you are my new favorite forum member. You're absolutely right in that PNF stretching is, by far, the best type of stretch (it's given me substantially more hamstring flexibility which feels awesome)! You seem like a fitness/gym nut like myself.

I was theorizing about this method myself. It's funny how when you do something for long enough you become somewhat of a philosopher. I often analyze exercises and decipher their effectiveness, PE is no different! So it's actually hilarious that I keep stumbling into threads like this and finding my theories as other people's methods.

I haven't been doing too much crazy stuff yet, just some simple stretches and jelqs because I'm still a nubcake. Although I will be sure to incorporate this into my stretches more often. There's no evidence why it would be any LESS effective, so I see no reason not to.

Also, in regards to the actual topic question: Basically what people have already said. I train biceps once a week, although stretching is advised 5-7 times a week (AFAA recommendations). Also, skeletal muscle and smooth muscle are two different worlds, and when you "work" your biceps your goal is microtrauma, followed by cellular hypertrophy (repair/growth). From what I've read so far, this is different than the PE theory or growth.
                      Thanks for the kind words

The mechanisms behind penile growth and skeletal muscle growth (like the biceps) are very different. As I posted here, when you get an erection the smooth muscle actually relaxes.

The stretching of fascia and ligaments that applies to PNF for bodybuilding can be applied to the penis, since the penis has fascial sheaths (tunicae) that can be stretched, and the suspensory and supporting penile ligaments can be stretched to allow more of the penis to extend.
                      Big Al
                      Administrator
                      PEGym Editor
                      PEGym Hero
                      Last edited by Big Al; 05-15-2009, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Hi everybody, I haven't PE'd in awhile, but I have been lurking around here getting ready to start again.

This PNF Stretching looks amazing. It brings to mind the Kegel Stretches I do from time to time.

My question is, how does PNF Stretching fit in with a regular jelquing routine? For example, on Thursday I do the PNF Stretching. Can I do a "regular" routine Friday or Monday, etc.? Or can I do a jelqing routine before PNF?

BTW, even though I haven't maintained a regular PE practice, my gains have held!
                        Gladhander
                        Last edited by Gladhander; 09-02-2010, 11:23 AM.
                        9-22-10
                        Starting Stats
                        BPEL: 7.25" NBPEL: 5.25" BPFSL: 7.25" EG: 5.25"

11-03-10
                        Most Recent Stats
                        BPEL: 7.5" (+1/4") NBPEL: 5.25" BPFSL: 7.375" (+1/8") EG: 5.375" (+1/8")

Goal
                        BPEL: 8"
                        EG: 6"

Comment

A "PNF stretch" is just a more intense manual stretch. It should fit your routine the same way a manual stretch would
                          blink2000
                          Last edited by blink2000; 09-02-2010, 02:21 PM.
                          My progress journal / useful PE links

Comment

Thanks blink!
                            9-22-10
                            Starting Stats
                            BPEL: 7.25" NBPEL: 5.25" BPFSL: 7.25" EG: 5.25"

11-03-10
                            Most Recent Stats
                            BPEL: 7.5" (+1/4") NBPEL: 5.25" BPFSL: 7.375" (+1/8") EG: 5.375" (+1/8")

Goal
                            BPEL: 8"
                            EG: 6"

Comment

Al:
                              "Now, immediately stretch your penis using a good amount of intensity for 15-20 seconds. This is called the "passive stretch" phase. Maintaining the pull, attempt to contract against the pull LIGHTLY (as if you were doing a kegel or towel raise) for 7-15 seconds. This is known as the "isometric stretch" phase. It's imperative that you stretch LIGHTLY! Stretching hard against a kegel makes it very likely that you'll snap ligaments. Rest for 2-3 seconds, then attempt one final stretch (passive stretch) for 10-15 seconds. THAT'S IT!"

Could you please clarify for me. "Stretch your penis using a good amount of intensity" = a strong pulling stretch. Then you say "It's imperative that you stretch LIGHTLY!", because you can snap a ligament!!! On the final stretch you are only stretching passively with no kegel included?
                              FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
                              The Ultimate V (The UV)
                              Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                              Heated Bundled LAS
                              Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Working...
                              X