Fatpad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatpad

Wonder if this has any use for fatpad? Stubb rn bulges of fat that diet and exercise have been unable to remove, would indicate that though this is not a good weight loss tool, it may of use for fatpad.  Mind you it is; amedical procedure and costs $1000 odd per treatment.

The procedure has been cleared by Australia's Therapeutic Goods Authority and thousands in the US have reportedly turned to Coolsculpting, otherwise known as cryolipolysis.
    Creators at Zeltiq claim the device freezes fat cells in unwanted areas which are then removed naturally by the body.
    But it doesn’t come cheap – with sessions costing between $600 and $1000.
    The initial research and patents originted at the Wellman Center for Photomedicine at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School, by Dr Dieter Manstein and Dr R. Rox Anderson.
    "The principle behind Coolsculpting is the finding that fat cells are more susceptible to the effects of cold than the surrounding skin and tissue," a Zeltiq spokesperson said.
    "Coolsculpting is best suited to patients who are up to 5 to 15 kilograms over their ideal weight and who have stubborn bulges of fat that diet and exercise has been unable to remove.
    Pegasus
    Administrator
    PE Gym Editor
    PEGym Hero
    Admin of the Month Mar 2015
    Last edited by Pegasus; 12-27-2012, 10:24 PM.

I personally doubt it, who knows how your ligaments would react to extreme cold. I wouldn't want to risk it. It also doesn't sound like an extremely precise mechanism, I don't think they would be able to safely focus and chisel away at a tiny area, compared to just a blob of fat hanging off someones ass
    I have no problem being with just one woman, but I can't not eat all the donuts.

Current: 7.2" x 5.25"
    Next stop: 7.5" x 5.4"

Comment

Well, im sure it could help in removing the fat. But at 1000 dollars?? No way and most fat can be removed with diet and exercise...no matter wat, as long as ur body is alive its burning energy.

Energy = whatevers in ur stomach and or stored fat cells.

Ur body is not just gonna randomly refuse to eat certain stored fat cells.

I recommend lower ab workouts, with cardio and some starving on the side to get rid of that fatpad.

Comment

Actually the body does refuse to burn certain fat cells, which ones are genetically determined.
        Maintaining 5% bf lifetime is not a valid option for most people.
        Spot reduction (lower ab work) doesn't work.

Comment

It depends on your age and hormone levels, the fat pad might be close to impossible to burn. However, if you enhance your hormonal system IT WILL get rid of the fat pad just like when you were 20 years old.

Comment

Most guys are not into the drugs you would recommend for this Jackxxx and trib etc is unlikely to have a strong effect for this purpose.
            In any case many 20y old with reasonable body fat have large fatpad.

Comment

To be honest I am making this year a year to get in better shape than I have been. i have always been heavily muscled but I am going for that lean and tight look this year. My body doesnt react to heavy lifting as well as it used to so lighter wieghts and some core exercises make better sense for me now. That all being said i think if i were to get back in the realm of 8-10% body fat and the pad didnt change it wouldnt be that unreasonable to blow $1000.00 on surgery to remove the fat pad.

I am not saying I am going to but it isnt an extreme amount of mony if one is concerned about NBPEL, in my case i would gain an inch. Many people spend more for less. Good post Pegasus.
              Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Thank you Big O.
                I was 106kg ( 234lb) a few years back my pad was circa 1.2", I have come down to 101kg (222lb) my current fatpad is circa 1". I believe the weight loss was all fat. A recent bf test put me at 12 %. At low bf I have virtually no pad, but maintaining low levels lifetime is difficult.
                So the thought for me at the moment is another couple of % going to make a significant difference. Will I hit a tipping point where it comes off the pad?

Comment

Pegasus you have answered so many questions for me that I feel obligated to add to this . I found something on accident while reading warning label of a body massager I use on wife.
                  Besides causing increased heart rate and dangers of shock it also stimulates some kind of reaction in body part being massaged to burn fat. I haven't come to a conclusion if it will work at all or even if it does work ,will it work on fat pad or not .

But wanted to throw that out there to be de-bunked or offer ideas
                  Relax I'm a pro

Comment

Your body needs fat to keep warm. Plus, it is a reserve of energy for those occasions when you body most needs it.
                    The thing is: most people who have, once or more, been a lot fatter than they now are have a very big tendency to regain that fat because the body creates adipose cells, and when you thin up you only empty them, they are still there and waiting to be filled up again, so I can understand the basis for cryolipolysis. However, I would advise caution, freezing bits of yourself doesn't really seem like a good thing, and I would let the researchers do a little more research on that thing before trying it on me.
                    Just an opinion, not trying to point you anywhere.

Happy new year,

SR.
                    Start: 20/June/2012 (1st start):
                    BPEL: 17cm (6.69")
                    MSEG: 12.5cm (4.92")aprox
                    Current(28/July/2013)
                    BPEL:19.9cm(7.83")/NBPEL:17.5cm (6.89")
                    MSEG:12.7cm (5.00")
                    Current goal:NBPEL:20cm(7.87")
                    MSEG:14cm(5.51")

Relentlessly forward, without regret, pain or forgiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                      Most guys are not into the drugs you would recommend for this Jackxxx and trib etc is unlikely to have a strong effect for this purpose.
                      In any case many 20y old with reasonable body fat have large fatpad.
                      Well, I would start modifying your first words and saying that "most guys ARE into that kind of drugs" lol. First, I am not advocating the use of any medication by people who don't have knowledge about them or are not under medical supervision to use them. I have always been against the so called "locker room advises" However, it is a scientific fact the wonderful properties about TRT or HRT. Is not a myth anymore.

Every time you see ads in a magazine about supplements, diets, exercise. They tell you take this to look like this; do this to look like this; eat this to look like this. But there is a little secret nobody tells you. EVERYBODY. Sports players, celebrities, college students, olympic athletes, models, fitness "natural" competitors, mma fighters, wrestlers, etc....all of them with no exemption, use those "drugs". All of them. It is the reality of America. All young girls and boys at college are all on steroids to achieve their goals.

But again, I understand extreme conservatism. Just like the scientific community keeps pushing the ridiculous evolution agenda, because each scientist was brainwashed to believe in that with their eyes closed. Just like an inquisition. In this case, there are people who believe that steroids are bad because cnn said it.

And those 20 year old with a thick fat pad, they don't know what they're doing with their bodies. Just poor nutritional knowledge and habits.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackxxx View Post
                        All young girls and boys at college are all on steroids to achieve their goals.

. Just like the scientific community keeps pushing the ridiculous evolution agenda, because each scientist was brainwashed to believe in that with their eyes closed. Just like an inquisition.
                        So let me get this straight......

ALL people in college are on steroids, and evolution didn't happen?

How do you suggest humans came to be about?
                        I have no problem being with just one woman, but I can't not eat all the donuts.

Current: 7.2" x 5.25"
                        Next stop: 7.5" x 5.4"

Comment

Originally posted by faithandhope View Post
                          So let me get this straight......

ALL people in college are on steroids, and evolution didn't happen?

How do you suggest humans came to be about?

Evolution does exist. Now how humans came into the picture, that's a whole different story. The evidence against that theory makes it a joke. Explain to me for example how is it possible that every single primate on earth has 48 chromosomes and humans have 46. Or how ancient humans built megalithic structures that can't even be replicated with today's technology.

Comment

That's strange, as a college athlete, I think I'd know if I were taking steroids...
                            Restart [4/17/16] 7.5 BPSFL • 7.25 BPEL • 5.125 USEG • 5.75 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG (not valid)
                            Goal 1 [7/17/16] 7.75 BPSFL • 7.5 BPEL • 5.25 USEG •
                            6 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG

Comment

Originally posted by Jackxxx View Post
                              Well, I would start modifying your first words and saying that "most guys ARE into that kind of drugs" lol. First, I am not advocating the use of any medication by people who don't have knowledge about them or are not under medical supervision to use them. I have always been against the so called "locker room advises" However, it is a scientific fact the wonderful properties about TRT or HRT. Is not a myth anymore.

Every time you see ads in a magazine about supplements, diets, exercise. They tell you take this to look like this; do this to look like this; eat this to look like this. But there is a little secret nobody tells you. EVERYBODY. Sports players, celebrities, college students, olympic athletes, models, fitness "natural" competitors, mma fighters, wrestlers, etc....all of them with no exemption, use those "drugs". All of them. It is the reality of America. All young girls and boys at college are all on steroids to achieve their goals.

But again, I understand extreme conservatism. Just like the scientific community keeps pushing the ridiculous evolution agenda, because each scientist was brainwashed to believe in that with their eyes closed. Just like an inquisition. In this case, there are people who believe that steroids are bad because cnn said it.

And those 20 year old with a thick fat pad, they don't know what they're doing with their bodies. Just poor nutritional knowledge and habits.
                              I will just give this a no.

Comment

Working...
                              X