Evolution and Penis Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evolution and Penis Size

I am interested in how evolution works and how it has created our body forms, in various ways. One issue is, why has evolution given men small penises? My research has shown that in fact humans have extra large genitalia, compared to other species. However, I am convinced that the majority of men are endowed with less than ideal organs for the majority of women. I'm not an expert in biological science, but this seems to contradict evolutionary theory. So what's the explanation? I have a couple of theories, but I find very little research online for such questions.

Sorry if this is too egg headed for the forum, it's just that this seems like an issue people here may have considered. I'm new here but perhaps there are others interested and knowledgable about such things, and may want to discuss it.

It is due to the fact that the penis get very little exercise. Genetics is only half the picture. The rest is mood, anxiety will shrink your junk. Also tempeture cold will temporaiy shrink ones gonads.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

I've read lack of protein in the diet while an infant can reduce penis growth. Cold temperature causes appendages to contract, reserving heat for the important organs. This explains cold-water shrinkage of the penis. I am not aware that testicles shrink in cold. Regardless, such shrinkage is not permanent and doesn't effect the intrinsic penile size which we are all interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadstool
        This isn't too egg headed at all. People discuss this from time to time. This isn't the first thread to talk about it. In fact, many threads get derailed about the discussion of evolution and penis size.
        Alright, here are my two best theories.

1. Our transition to carbohydrate diets over the last 10K years has reduced our dependance on protein, which as I noted previously, may be a factor in determining how large the penis grows during childhood etc.

2. (This is not pleasant.) Throughout eons of evolution men were having sex with girls too young for the act (incest and rape of pre-pubescents or young post-pubescents). Evolution rewarded men with small organs to reduce damage to the females involved.

Just theories.

Comment

Originally posted by tanaka View Post
          One issue is, why has evolution given men small penises? My research has shown that in fact humans have extra large genitalia, compared to other species. However, I am convinced that the majority of men are endowed with less than ideal organs for the majority of women.
          Umm, with 7 billion + people on Earth, I don't think there are any "flaws" going on. Trust me, evolution is alot smarter than you are. Evolution doesn't have "Ideal" situations, it works with what it is given. Evolution sure as hell isn't responsible for a psychological response to social media, which is the WHOLE hype of big penises in the first place. What are you even talking about?
          faithandhope
          Last edited by faithandhope; 03-13-2013, 09:19 PM.
          I have no problem being with just one woman, but I can't not eat all the donuts.

Current: 7.2" x 5.25"
          Next stop: 7.5" x 5.4"

Comment

I am convinced that the majority of men are endowed with less than ideal organs for the majority of women.

I don't think this is true to begin with. Most women orgasm far more easily from clitoral stimulation rather than deep penetration, many don't come from it at all, and most would probably agree that the kind of schlongs most guys on this site are after (8x6" seems to be the most popularly desired proportion), are way too big for their preferences.

With a little technique, practice, anatomical knowledge, and (what most women seem to claim is the most important thing of all), a preexisting emotional and physical attraction (e.g. love, desire, trust), you should have no trouble pleasuring your partner.

The most popular dildos (from what I've read on the internet) are about eight inches long. Does this mean we need eight-inch cocks? No, it just means that women prefer a size that accommodates them when they're holding a dildo. A few inches are inevitably going to be taken away from the base of the dildo by their grip, leaving them with an average-proportioned dildo sticking into their vag.

I'm not saying that size doesn't matter, because preferences vary from one woman to the next, and many do find large dicks aesthetically and/or sexually appealing. Personally, I'm doing this for me, because I want a big dick even if I just end up using it to double-fist jerk on a desert island. But to say that most women are dissatisfied with the size of most men, I think is unfounded.
            (current)
            BPEL: 6.125"
            MEG: 4.5"

(target)
            BPEL: ​7"
            MEG: ​6"

Comment

I've discussed this with women, and my research shows clitoral orgasms are not nearly as satisfying as a good vaginal pounding. Less scientific is my opinion that women are satisified in proportion to the size of the penis, to some limit, with emphasis on girth. Ten inches has got to put the end somewhere near the duodenal; but the vagina is designed to stretch to accommodate a baby's head, so girth has more range.

We all agree that too small is not good, so my current topic is basically to answer why most men don't have a shlong say 25% the size of an average baby.... My research shows that the vast vast majority of men are on the small size; nature has seen fit not to furnish women with many men extra large penises. Why? Even the 13" record holding freak doesn't come close to the size of most any newborn.
              tanaka
              Last edited by tanaka; 03-13-2013, 09:51 PM.

Comment

There are selection pressures for and against small versus large penises. Some men find a large penis to boost their confidence and are therefore more likely to be found attractive by prospective partners and therefore have sex with more women and may father more children.

Some women perceive penis size as an important factor in choosing a mate but these women are few and far between, the majority do not seem to care too much or at least they choose men based upon other characteristics.

A larger penis could injure a women; vaginal tearing could leave her more likely to suffer an infection. In this case smaller penises would be favored especially in instances of forced intercourse where the female is unwilling or not properly aroused.

Larger men may be favored by delivering sperm nearer to the cervix/uterus/fallopian tubes and therefore the egg given the extra depth of the penis inside the vagina when ejaculating.

BUT and this is my best guess at what is happening: since most humans cover their genitals for the majority of their lives we have become far less likely to choose mates based upon outward sexual anatomy. For the most part women can no longer choose a mate based upon his genital size compared with another suitor. Over time (evolution occurs) penis size is no longer selected for and penises of all shapes and sizes (within reason since it still has to get erect and enter a vagina) persist.

In nature a trait is carefully selected for or against given the prevailing evolutionary climate. If we still engaged in sex as we did throughout our recent primate evolution i.e. group sex, forced rape, extra pair copulations, polygamy, then we would continue to see selection pressures favoring a particular sized set of genitals but this is no longer the case because penis size is no longer selected for thus big and small and everywhere in between thrive in contemporary humans.

The same can be said of women's breast size; having small breasts does not make a woman more fit than a woman having large breasts and (most) men do not choose their partners based upon breast size therefore small and large breasts are equally common.

Comment

weeners are not better at delivering sperm when they are longer.

Evolution did not short men.

Not all women crave poon pounding twat slamming insane fuck fests.

If evolution made women want bigger dicks over thousands of years would there not be at least a small percentage of men with 14 inch johnsons hanging out at your local swimming pools and beaches attracting all the ladies leaving us poor average guys without women and children.

Holy crap, am I replying to another bigger is better thread and somehow still managing not to slice my throat with a Ginsu knife?
                  Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

That's a well thought out post, but I have several issues. First, while large breasts should be favored due to expected advantages of feeding children, small breasts are a sign of youth which is favored by males for whatever reason. But, a small penis has NO similar advantage.

Second, recently I've begun observing very carefully, and found that women very often take a glance at the bulge. They are very sneaky; it takes a fraction of a second, but they (like men w/ boobs and butts) seem to not be able to help themselves. If you haven't, take time to observe carefully. I've determined that women of mating age, can't help but try to glimpse a crotch shot if they can go unnoticed. They are good at it; they can combine a blink and an eye roll into the right direction. We men have similar tendancies/instincts.

Again, my thesis is: we are here to enlarge our penises and nature had underendowed all but a few freaks with extra large genitals. Why? A similar but unrelated question: why are most primates far stronger than humans? We are the dominant species, by far, but we are weak compared to apes. Evolution is indeed smarter than we are.

Comment

Originally posted by BigO View Post
                      Holy crap, am I replying to another bigger is better thread and somehow still managing not to slice my throat with a Ginsu knife?
                      I simply refuse to comment on another penis size debate thread!

oh wait. damn it. That's it. I'm going to go feed myself to a mountain lion.
                      Start: 9/2012 6.5x4.5
                      Progress: 8/3/2016 7.375x5.1
                      Goal: 7/16/2015 7.75x5.5

LND

Comment

Originally posted by BigO View Post
                        Not all women crave poon pounding twat slamming insane fuck fests.
                        lmao

That sounds like one of those labels you'd read on a pre/post workout container.
                        "THE ULTIMATE in POON POUNDAGE!
                        Get the edge on her with this product. It gives you SHEET RIPPING, TWAT SLAMMING FUCK FESTS she won't soon forget"
                        "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
                        Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
                        Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
                        As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

>>>Holy crap, am I replying to another bigger is better thread

I'm surprised since we are discussing this on a forum dedicated to penis enlargement, right? I don't think bigger-is-better is correct...a 14" dick is probably only helpful if you're into bovines. The record holder is about that big and I would thank God every day I am not him, I feel sorry for him.

Comment

Firstly, we need to put things in perspective. You are arguing that by natural selection the average size of the human penis should be larger as this would be a favorable trait sought after by each ancestor in EVERYONE'S matriarchal lineage. You are forgetting that there are countless other factors that govern our evolution (region, climate, genetic mutation) and other traits that take precedence. By the same logic, everyone should be over 6'5" and have a mesomorphic body, and that is assuredly not the case. Also, the female form has evolved and influenced the development of the male penis. After our ancestors stood upright, the female pelvis underwent a change that brought the vagina forward and closer to the front of the body as we had started having sex in the missionary position. This in turn changed the shape of our ancestors penises, most likely the shape of the glans. The glans evolved into a shape that would stimulate the nerve endings in the g-spot and allow the male to pull out any semen (with the coronal ridge) that may have been in his parter beforehand in order to lessen the odds of his competition. Secondly, the g-spot is only a few inches in the vagina. Would it not make more sense that a shorter penis with a larger head that stimulates the g-spot and the ability to press the pubic bone into the clitoris be ideal. If that's the case then the Greeks probably got it right as they viewed men with larger penises as being humorous.

Comment

Originally posted by tanaka View Post
                              Alright, here are my two best theories.

1. Our transition to carbohydrate diets over the last 10K years has reduced our dependance on protein, which as I noted previously, may be a factor in determining how large the penis grows during childhood etc.

2. (This is not pleasant.) Throughout eons of evolution men were having sex with girls too young for the act (incest and rape of pre-pubescents or young post-pubescents). Evolution rewarded men with small organs to reduce damage to the females involved.

Just theories.
                              I respectfully have to disagree.

Regarding adding carbohydrates to our diet, a lack of protein would not have allowed humans to become taller in general would it? I've read that Japanese woman now have larger breasts then a few generations ago and this is attributed to better nutrition. I know that breasts are not related to the pelvic region, but it is a noticeable difference.

Your part regarding the sexual deviance can't be correct. Evolutionarily speaking, most mammals do not have sex with females that are too young-doesn't serve a purpose. Also, intelligent animals usually will not do incest-they get retards.

Here is my rant about evolution of men and women-yes you may find this sexist, but I believe this is correct. For simplicity, I will narrow this down to basic mating and continuation of the species.

The male role in the beginning was as the hunter and did other things that required strength. Hunting for example requires that the men focus on the task and when successful carry the food back. This required men to pay attention or he would not get the kill or be killed himself. No food equals death-that simple and getting killed by the pray does not allow for mating.

The role of women started completely different. Mostly they stayed at camp, raised the families, and did domestic chores. Women's main evolutionary goal was to have children and raise them. Evolution decided that it needed more females than males because of death during childbirth and this is why there are more females then males.

Evolution decided that reproduction should be pleasant because it creates a desire to mate. This is why females adapted to only needed two inches, if that because of the clit, to enjoy sex. So, woman can experience pleasure from almost any male with an erection. Evolution is only worried about the survival of the species. Besides being male back then was dangerous. Fighting elephants, lions, and whatever. I am sure that some women went through mates quickly because of the hazards of hunting. Because of this women adapted to enjoy all.
                              PE is a lot like sex. First you have to find your technique, rotate your routine, and then plan on it taking a while. Then you will find satisfaction.

Comment

Working...
                              X