Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can deep squats strengten the pelvic floor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can deep squats strengten the pelvic floor?

I've been reading about this in several gym forums in my country, I found a link in english here for you guys to read:
    Stop Doing Kegels: Real Pelvic Floor Advice For Women (and Men) | Breaking Muscle

Someone here with knowledge about how squats affects strength in the pelvic floor?

How does squats affect it vs kegels?

Hoe can you strengten it by regular strength training, I imagine that deadlifts also will strengthen it.

I do, myself feel a good stretch when i do deep frontsquats, not with back squats. But it cant go very deep with backsquats.

I've been squatting heavy the last 6 years and almost never used kegels before. Still i feel my pelvic floor is strong and i can hold for a long time, and i have pretty good force in my kegels.

For the record I have no depth knowledge how this works, thats why i'm asking you guys on the forum.

Thanks for all answers and theories
    Start: 24.02.14

NBPEL: 17 cm (6.69")
    BPEL: 18 cm (7.08")
    EG: 12,3 cm (4.84)

Current goal:
    NBPEL: 18 (7.08) - Achieved 10.05.2014
    EG: 13 (5.10)

Long term goal:
    Nbpl: 20 (7.87")
    Eg: 15 (5.9")

Didn't read all the link .
    Look we recommend deep squats , yoga stretches ,massage abd krgels /reverse kegels to guys here with pre e and other issues . We make a point of advising guys to do reverse kegels so as not to get a spsm in the pelvic floor which is often caused by kegels with no reverse kegels.

Comment

Ok I read the link; like I often say it is part of the story.

Comment

New to the forums here. I remember doing some seriously deep squats and over worked my legs big time one day at the gym. The next few days I had blood in my semen. I was worried I got VD from this chic, lol. I got tested and of course didn't have it. The only thing I can think of was doing those really deep exhausting squats.

Comment

Squats happenin image.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X