Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My thoughts on nutrition, sexual health, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on nutrition, sexual health, etc.

I am uncertain if I should put this thread here or elsewhere as it relates to so much but I thought it would be nice to make a post where I can come and engage in discussion on nutrition and you as time allows me to. I live using stone age man as a guide for better health (i.e. paleo diet).
    Everything is connected from soil health to human health. The human body is amazing and adaptive to most anything. However, your body is designed to operate with certain materials for maximum effect (surviving vs thriving).
    Let's talk minerals first. Most people are severally deficient in a number of minerals. This can sabotage your health, libido, and gains (PE and exercise related). Grain heavy diets and poor farming methods are a couple of the culprits here. Grains are a grasses reproductive bit. Because they have no way of physically deterring would be predators evolution has supplied some plants with various chemical irritants and toxins. Grains get the most concentrated levels to help insure survival to propogate the species. Grains contain a mineral binding agent designed to maximize the delivery of certain minerals to a sprouting plant. When the grain is consumed it can leach minerals such as magnesium, calcium, iron and phosphorous from the intestines limiting bio availability of essential nutrients. Many minerals have hundreds of functions in the body with cell generation and repair being at the top of the list for many.
    Have poor eq or full blown ed? Try some boron in your diet. Boron is an anion that is constantly leached from the soil and rarely replaced. This leads many foods to be short in this vital nutrient. Boron is essential for blood mobility (sap pressure in plants, think raging hard erections for you), cellular repair and synergizes with many other minerals to improve absorption.
    Magnesium is greatly responsible for cellular generation and repair. Providing the body with an ample supply can assist in expedited gains throughout and an improvement in overall health. Magnesium is also critical for much of your brain function and can improve sleep quality.

That is all for now but stay tuned as I work my way through a variety of tips to improve your health.

Have questions? Fire away and I will do my best to help you out.

Have an issue with a bit of information? I love a good debate and I can hunt down sources as applicable or needed. Just remember we are all here to help each other out

Providing the body with an ample supply of some minerals can also be toxic.
    Oh you want some boron? Eat some apples! Magnesium? I'll take mine with some good garlic and oil! ( spinach has lots of it). Then later some cashews with some rum and I'm a happy boy. It just tastes so much better than pills!
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Cashews and rum, thats the key to health right there.
      "I will lick my dick"

Comment

I think some supplements have a place, namely a good sea mineral and boron, seriously try it and see. (that apple is probably criminally low in boron due to inefficient soil stripping farming methods, our food was more than twice as nutritious 70 years ago) but the right food does provide a lot of what you need. Surviving and thriving my friend.

Comment

Let us not forget the health benefits of rum in avoiding scurvy. Not pleasant that scurvy.
          ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

I thought limes prevented scurvy? Also a good chaser, swig the rum and then bite a lime.
            "I will lick my dick"

Comment

Rum is good for marinating Fruit Cakes, I prefer Port Sherry.

Are multivitamins ok ?
              Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
              Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Some multivitamins are good, but you want a whole food source and not synthetic ones. Synthetic vitamin A comes to mind as it can easily become toxic while natural A can have its toxicity nullified by vitamin D. Typically eating a variety of fruit and especially veggie colors plus a quality saturated fat (fat soluble vitamins live here) takes care of your vitamin needs.

Comment

Let me hop into the fat wagon real quick. Saturated fat is very important for health besides the vitamins. It is highly anti inflammatory (greatly improved blood mobility) and it provides the preferred fuel for your body (even our muscles as they store intramuscular triglycerides aka IMTs for fueling most of our efforts.) Your cells need fat, your brain needs it (your brain is 60% fat by dry weight) and your hormone production needs it. Cholesterol is a cell lubricant and a precursor to testosterone.

Comment

Yes all sources of vitamin C avoid scurvy. If you are bound for a pirate voyage with inadequate refridgeration then fermented fruit juice (rum) is the 1800's best answer. Since we are dieting in the past I thought I would remind why rum is so beneficial.

Comment

Not exactly dieting in the past, its just a fact our bodies have not changed in the last 10,000 years (we still do not produce phytase to handle grain consumption which we have cultivated as a food source since the settlement of man, plus we have only had around 70 generations in this time as opposed to the 300+ generations of nomadic peoples.) We have stone age bodies in a modern world, something that is often dismissed as crazy even if true. Is technology good, you bet. Is it bad, affirmative there too. A lot can be gained from remembering and accepting where we come from.

Comment

And somehow we survived all this time by eating healthy ( because they didn't have chips and wings back then) without supplementing ourselves to death.

Comment

It is also very frustrating to me that nutritious food is touted as coming from 70 years ago, but not today. We live longer, grow bigger, do more than ever. I know I am against most modern food practices also. I prefer my garden produce, and my deer and elk meat, but all this about how much better is was in the past is simply not supported by the evidence. We have been eating grains for a very long time. Native cultures for as far back as evidence can be found were eating grains. Also meats, fruits, and in my mind anything they could gather or kill. When you eat to survive, and don't have time for these silly conjectures we all engage in you will eat just about any thing. I don't dispute the value of minerals and vitamins, I dispute the presumption that nutrition was better, even 50 years ago when I was born. I know damn certain that I have way more nutritious options available to me now than I had as a kid.

Comment

It's too bad we don't know what stone-age people ate, or even why they developed agricultural societies in the first place. As far as I know, ancient humans spent less time foraging than modern humans spend working, and had more time for leisure? Interesting topic!
                            Progress log: https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...gians-log.html

Comment

If you go to most supplement websites that is exactly what they say; the stuff we eat is not what it was. Now if you don't give a carrot what it needs to grow you don't end up with much of a carrot do you? You end up with a skinny carrot with no color which you wouldn't eat. So if the carrot forms correctly then it must have ingested from the soil all it needs to be a carrot or else it would end up being something else. It's called marketing but it sounds really really good.

Comment

Working...
                              X