Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gym-rats gain faster than sedentary PE-ers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gym-rats gain faster than sedentary PE-ers?

As a more sedentary PE-er, I'm curious. Do you find that you gain faster than you did when you used to go to the gym regularly?

I used to go the gym pretty regularly and found that it diminished my sexual prowess, ability, mojo (whatever you want to call it). I could feel it. It was very apparent.

For example, now that I go to the gym less frequently (not to say I'm a lazy schlomo, but. . .), I notice I have a higher sex drive and I can come more often without feeling tired.

I wonder how this translates to PE. My gut feeling is that limiting gym activities like cardio and weight-lifting while doing PE can maximize results.

What is your view (British accent)?
    "I know you've been married to the same women for 69 years. That is marvelous. It must be very inexpensive."
    -Johnny Carson

Ezekiel 2:8--But you, son of man, listen to what I say to you. Do not rebel like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I give you."

Good question. I would think that gains would probably be increased with people who exercise or lift weights. Those people will be in better shape and their bodies will be able to repair quicker. Not to mention the higher T and GH levels that are associated with working out.

Comment

That seems like a pretty ridiculous theory. Working out improves all aspect of your health, including sexual health. It also boosts testosterone which, if anything, should HELP PE.
      < short shorts

Comment

Yes, frequent exercise should IMPROVE sexual performance. Sedentary life is biologically anti-natural. We as hybrid species created from homo erectus DNA, need activity to stay fit and healthy.

And is not necessary to take it to extremes as gym-rat compared to sedentary. Exercising about 3 days a week with moderate intensity is all what the body needs.

Comment

I go to the gym 4-6 days a week and have not noticed a difference.
          Goal: Huge

Comment

On the contrary, the more cardio (lap-swimming) I perform, the more my penis is plump and ready for p.e. In fact, I rarely turtle in the pool anymore.

Comment

I have been kinda lazy about working out lately... When I worked out and did my PE afterwords (maybe an hour or two later) I got a better workout in and I think it helped with my gains.
              Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
              Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
              Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
              http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Don't turtle in the pool!
                God damn, teach me that trick.

Comment

Wow, you guys have never experienced lifting heavy at the gym and later that night going semi- or limp for having sex with your gf?

For example, lifting temporarily decreases your T and HGH levels immediately after a workout and can persist for a few days. And when you lift (which amounts to putting stress on various muscles in the body) you promote cortisol expression (the stress hormone). When you're body is under stress, it shunts cholesterol that would normally follow the T and DHT pathway into a different pathway to promote cortisol. In other words, the building blocks for T and cortisol are very similar.

It makes sense to me that if you're body is producing more cortisol and less T, that that would affect PE. It also makes sense to me that if you're body is preoccupied with healing and repairing your fascial tissue and muscles in other parts of your body, that would be the priority over repairing and healing the penile tissues.

But I'm thinking moderate lifting/exercise would be fine. As long as you don't go fast the stress point.

Are there any science guys on here that could shed light on this issue?
                  "I know you've been married to the same women for 69 years. That is marvelous. It must be very inexpensive."
                  -Johnny Carson

Ezekiel 2:8--But you, son of man, listen to what I say to you. Do not rebel like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I give you."

Comment

Hmm, so perhaps since I train heavy all the time at the gym, that could be slowing down PE gains?
                    Goal: Huge

Comment

Originally posted by Rubirosa View Post
                      Wow, you guys have never experienced lifting heavy at the gym and later that night going semi- or limp for having sex with your gf?
                      That used to happen when i used to lift...
                      now i stick to 20-30mins/day of cardio. if anything its helped my gains.
                      Start: 01/01/2010 BPEL 6'' EG 4.8''
                      Current: 02/28/2010 BPEL 7.0" EG 5.0"
                      Goal: Finish Newbie Routine. O's Log

Comment

umm...Who says that weightlifting decreases T levels?

That's not true.

Weightlifting increases your T levels. The more T you have, the bigger your dick will get. As simple as that

My EQ is always better after a workout.
                        Starting stats: October 15th, 2008 - NBPEL: 6.25' EG: 5.00'

Current stats October 15th, 2009 - (100% erection) NBPEL: 7.20' EG: 5.375'

Goal: NBPEL: 8' EG: 6' (objective: girth)

TGC Theory

A man should not strive to eliminate his complexes but to get into accord with them: they are legitimately what directs his conduct in the world. -Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Radiohead View Post
                          umm...Who says that weightlifting decreases T levels?

That's not true.

Weightlifting increases your T levels. The more T you have, the bigger your dick will get. As simple as that

My EQ is always better after a workout.
                          Agreed.

and since this thread is based on bro-science I'll chip in my own 2 cents: the body is not going to ignore repairing tissue in your dick because it is busy rebuilding skeletal muscle. The main goal for all living things is to reproduce, so I think keeping the sexual organs up and running is the body's number one priority.
                          < short shorts

Comment

Actually Rub, I would think that what you are describing, happens early in the piece, whie the body is geting conditioned.

Comment

If you're on this forum and you've read Kemmer's book, you most likely understand the concept of 'overtraining' as it relates to the penis.

So why is it so hard to understand that 'overtraining' can also apply to your body and that this could have an affect on PE?

All I'm saying is that when working out, it's possible to enter a 'red zone' where you are overtraining and thus inducing excessive cortisol expression. Anyone who doesn't understand that clearly hasn't lifted weights, or is talking out of their ass.
                              -Johnny Carson

Comment

Working...
                              X