Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this due to tight pelvic floor or pelvic floor muscle spasms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this due to tight pelvic floor or pelvic floor muscle spasms?

First of all is tightness and muscle spasms the same thing?

Anyhow, injured myself 6 weeks ago masturbating and then trying to do a kegel at the same. Maybe in general I overdid the kegel exercises and I do have a fair amount of stress in my life.

Feel pain in penis, area right below in testicle area, strange pulled muscle feeling, and sore rectum.

I would feel better, than relapse after trying to workout or by masturbating.

Been to to both my PCP and a urologist. PCP gave me antibiotics.

Was feeling better but saw the urologist anyway. He tested the prostate and it hurt while he was doing it. He said prostate felt fine. But day after my penis and balls and rectum still hurt. Did that trigger a spasm again?

Anyone ever experience this before? My next step is to see my PCP again and request a muscle relaxant like Valium. Also I want to see pelvic floor physical therapist. I also want to do yoga but not sure if there is a difference between a spasm and tightness so I don't want to make it worse.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you have pain/weird feelings in one of your testicles or around them you probably have an trigger point in your front leviator Ani muscle, This requires internal massage

Comment

Hello kdawg! Welcome to the gym. First Valium is an antianxiety med not a muscle relaxer. It's also a highly regulated med in the US, so if you go to PCP asking for it, you might get labeled a drug seeker. Ask your PCP if he/she thinks a muscle relaxer might help and tell them that you just feel like there is a tight or spasming muscle in the area you stated in the OP and let them decide what to give you to try.

IMO, trying some light massage and stretching (childs pose) shouldn't hurt anything. Just stay very gentle with it. If it is tightness or spasm, I bet you will be able to feels some relaxation in the area with gentle stretching. Or you might try a tennis ball massage to the area. But again, be very gentle to begin with. Maybe apply a warm compress to the area before you massage it. If it feels better after 5-10 minutes of massage and stretching. Stop and give it a day to see how things feel tomorrow. Don't go overboard and keep massaging, stretching because it feels a little better (if it does). If it feels better the next day, repeat. See how thing go. If it continues to improve after a few days, you might add in a second session a day of the massage and/or stretching.

I think this is important, others may not. Stop masterbating or even trying to stimulate an erection to "test it". I wouldn't try that until everything has returned to feeling normal for at least a week or 2.
      I'm not a Dr and I didn't sleep at a holiday inn last night. It's just my opinion, it's your dick and I believe it will let you know when its ready for some action.
      Hope this helps is some way. Good luck! Keep us updated.
      Do some reading in the Start Here link at the top left of this page while you heal to increase your knowledge of all things PE. I believe there is an explanation of the tennis ball massage in there somewhere also.
      Aug 2012: BPEL: 6.25", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5.25"
      Jan 2016: BPEL: 6.75", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5 3/8"
      4/16/16 BPEL: 7.0", BPSF: 7 7/16"", MEG:5.5

Comment

Originally posted by Drjohn View Post
        If you have pain/weird feelings in one of your testicles or around them you probably have an trigger point in your front leviator Ani muscle, This requires internal massage
        Thanks, I'm going to try and get a physic pelvic floor appointment this week and see what they say. Ready to do listen to them completely.

If that's the case I hope it works. But concerned because when my PCP and urologist inserted to check this out it created a relapse of symptoms it seemed.

But doesn't sound like it will heal on its own. Frustrating because urologist is just having me come back in two months. Him and PCP just seem to be treating this as bacterial when virtually no cases are.

Comment

Thanks domnus, I'm not masturbating or stimulating. But I do get morning wood and sometimes it lasts for a long time.

Comment

It does sound like your pelvic floor has spasmed up into extreame tightness .

A physio who understands and does pelvic floor work (not all do ) should be the ideal answer. However I should warn here that physio doing this kind of male pelvic floor rehab is relatively new and finding a skilled practitioner could be difficult..

The standard treatment onsite for those unable to access a physio would be pelvid floor relax exercises such as commonly seen in the pre e section , So reverse kegel , hindi squat ,yoga style poses massage forms.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
              It does sound like your pelvic floor has spasmed up into extreame tightness .

A physio who understands and does pelvic floor work (not all do ) should be the ideal answer. However I should warn here that physio doing this kind of male pelvic floor rehab is relatively new and finding a skilled practitioner could be difficult..

The standard treatment onsite for those unable to access a physio would be pelvid floor relax exercises such as commonly seen in the pre e section , So reverse kegel , hindi squat ,yoga style poses massage forms.
              Thanks, I found a place that seems to specialize in this so hopefully they can help.

Also going to go to my PCP again and ask for something that deals with muscle spasms.

Comment

There are factors implicated in the onset of this issue that can maintain it. So a physio could look for lowerspine/pelvis issues . Also stress/anxiety.

Comment

There are factors implicated in the onset of this issue that can maintain it. So a physio could look for lowerspine/pelvis issues . Also stress/anxiety.
                  Well, I was too embarrassed to admit it even on a forum but I believe I can possibly trace the original onset to after my ex gf tried inserting a dildo in my ass.

Then later I did feel the pain during masturbation as I mentioned. And I may have been overdoing it with the kegels. It may have all been a perfect storm of stupidity.

I was pain free for a few days until the urologist inserted to observe. Is he ruling out stuff like possible enlarged prostate or cancer? Then by inserting he triggered the pain again. So this sounds like a muscle spasm issue?

I'll tell the physio everything from the start because I want to get better.

Just got finished some yoga including Hindi squats. I feel either the same or a little bit better phyisically. But way better mentally.

Comment

Prostate issues are something to be ruled out and possibly a number of other things I have no knowledge of.
                    Well things being insterted into my ass would cause anxiety quite aside from direct effects.
                    Kegels with no reverse kegels are implicated in this kind of issue. How are your reverse kegels.

Comment

Prostate issues are something to be ruled out and possibly a number of other things I have no knowledge of.
                      Well things being insterted into my ass would cause anxiety quite aside from direct effects.
                      Kegels with no reverse kegels are implicated in this kind of issue. How are your reverse kegels.
                      Probably some of the cause here, I have never done reverse kegels

Comment

https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...se-kegels.html

Comment

Working...
                        X