X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRI of penis

Hello guys,

Has anyone been to a MRI of penis?

Is it a normal MRI scan of bellow part or any special proceduree and what can be seen there?

I have told my urologist that I have a flaccid penis wich I can not move and it fills like a "dead snake" that can not get errected.
    I also told him that I fill like my pelvic muscles near penis fill disconected or damaged and he sent me on penis MRI scan. Are the muscles bulbospongiosus and ischiocavernosus seen there?

Thanks

I haven't. Enlighten us, what were your results?
    A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

I haven't been yet, but I am waiting for the date by the doctor.

I wanted to know if anyone did it and what can be seen on it?

Comment

MRIs can allow a radiologist (the one's trained to read them) the ability to see all the tissues within your penis. MRI is the best thing available to visualize soft tissues.
        If your Dr has ordered an MRI of your penis, I would guess that it would actually be a pelvic MRI in which everything within the pelvis would be able to be visualized, including your penis and testicles.
        Not 100% sure of this but that would be my guess.
        Imagine it this way. If you are standing and removed everything above your pelvis and are looking down into the pelvis. An MRI takes pictures from that perspective. It takes a subsequent pic every 1 mm downward so that a series of pictures gives them a cross-sectional view moving downward through the pelvic region.
        It will also show the bones, but MRI is best for viewing soft tissue.
        Hope this helps! If you are clostraphobic, ask for a sedative before the exam. Its a pretty tight space you are in and you have to be still for the best results.
        Aug 2012: BPEL: 6.25", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5.25"
        Jan 2016: BPEL: 6.75", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5 3/8"
        4/16/16 BPEL: 7.0", BPSF: 7 7/16"", MEG:5.5

Comment

I have a pelvic MRI appointment in 2 days that was ordered by a Urologist upon my request. I think she'll order whatever tests I ask just because she knows I'm freaking out. She also ordered brain, cervical spine, and lumbar spine upon my request, but I'm holding off on those 3 until the results of the pelvic MRI are in because if something is found in the pelvic MRI then perhaps the others will be unnecessary. Also, the 3 tests costs $8000 on top of the $2800 for the pelvic MRI and they require IV indicator which I don't particularly like due to health concerns. I'm not suicidal but I welcome the idea of something fatally tragic happening to me. Lightning bolt or something, please God...

Comment

I have been to pelvic MRI, now urologist ordered a penis MRI. Isn't that the same thing?

Meanwhile I have also been on defecography regarding my bowel movement problems which started the same time as my erection problems and it showed my pelvic floor is not moving right. I needed to contract and relax the pelvic but doctor said it is seems like it is not moving at all, or only minimal movements happen.

Also they inserted some provisory stool in my anus and I was unable to defecate it... so there are problems with my pelvic muscles for sure... I am not sure how will I solve it but hopefully there is a solution.

Anyone had same experience?

Comment

Working...
            X