Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Have Hard Flaccid But No Other Pelvic Floor Symptoms. Why Is This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have Hard Flaccid But No Other Pelvic Floor Symptoms. Why Is This?

I want to start by saying I've read quite a lot of things on this forum over the last couple of days and a lot of people seem to have strong opinions on this topic (which is honestly somewhat frustrating considering none of us have any proof of anything). So I'd prefer if people didn't come in here with a condescending attitude and try and shove their opinion down my throat.

I've had this condition for 10 months. I got it after masturbating A LOT for two weeks straight. Literally for hours each day. I was depressed so I was using the dopamine to feel better. I was also particularly horny at the time and my dick was on fire. I would be able to get really hard for hours at a time. Before this my sex drive was declining. I had lost spontaneous erections. My dick didn't get quite as hard. My libido wasn't as high. However, I didn't have hard flaccid and it wasn't much of an issue. Just a minor annoyance.

After the excessive masturbation however... My dick turtled. I lost a lot of libido. I also lost a lot of girth. My penis kinda feels hollow when hard (sometimes more than other times). I wouldn't describe my penis as "hard" in any state though really. Turtled when flaccid, yes. But not really hard. More rubbery. It's also slightly more rubbery when hard too.

Throughout the last ten months my symptoms have frequently changed. I had roughly a month with almost no HF at all. I also got my libido back (and still have it more than before). However, the size and shape of my penis is still effected (I've lost a lot of girth... not length though). As well as the refractory period. There's definitely circulation issues going on. The thing I do not understand however is that I have no other pelvic floor dysfunction symptoms. No issues peeing. No pain. None of that stuff. This is what confuses me and makes me wonder if the issue is pelvic floor dysfunction.

TL;DR: I only have blood flow issues with my dick. No problems with urination. No pelvic pain or any other kind of pain. Has anyone like this ever recovered? Also, I've lost a lot of girth (the size still varies depending on the day but has never reached the size pre-injury or whatever this is). I'm wondering if anyone with significant size loss has ever recovered it.

I would appreciate if you can try and answer my questions and not just direct me to what you believe to be the cure for "hard flaccid". First of all I'm trying to work out if I come under that label. And also if anyone like me has recovered from these symptoms.

Thats what i thought at first. . But it seemed otherwise.
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/erectil...rspective.html Hard flaccid and why you have it. Recovered.

Link to off site location removed.

Comment

Originally posted by greg123 View Post
      Thats what i thought at first. . But it seemed otherwise.
      What did you think? And what do you think now?

As a side note... I was trying to pee in a urinal about a month ago and couldn't because there was somebody there making me feel uncomfortable. As soon as they went... I was able to pee. Yet felt no physical sensation of any kind (other than the peeing haha). I felt no muscle movement or anything. The reason I'm saying this is it makes it clear that psychological factors are very real. They can be impacting your body and anatomy without you having any physical feeling.

That's not to say that my problem is solely psychological because I don't think it is. There's too many reasons as to why that doesn't make much sense. However, I'm certainly open to it. I definitely think stress and anxiety helps nothing. And I've had a lot of that in the past year. With that said, I've had a lot of it my whole life and never had these problems before.

Comment

Follow the hans protocol and do the exercises i will tell you. While standing lock your lower back in. Like giving ass lol. Then reach for your toes with you back FULLY streiht. Do those harmsting streches with closed legs and more wide
        https://www.pegym.com/forums/erectil...rspective.html Hard flaccid and why you have it. Recovered.

Comment

I suggest seeing a doctor to get bloodwork done, and perhaps a urologist who can examine you.
          Most people who have an overactive pelvic floor would realize that something is up with their pelvic area, so I am hypothesizing that this is anxiety-driven though I am not certain. Just be aware that psychological distress can manifest itself into physical anomalies, especially when your penis is on the back of your mind all the time.
          I suppose you can read some of the things in my protocol, start with the "signs of a pf dysfunction" section and see if you can relate to any of it. Let me know if you have more questions.
          My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

Originally posted by HansTwilight View Post
            I suggest seeing a doctor to get bloodwork done, and perhaps a urologist who can examine you.
            Most people who have an overactive pelvic floor would realize that something is up with their pelvic area, so I am hypothesizing that this is anxiety-driven though I am not certain. Just be aware that psychological distress can manifest itself into physical anomalies, especially when your penis is on the back of your mind all the time.
            I suppose you can read some of the things in my protocol, start with the "signs of a pf dysfunction" section and see if you can relate to any of it. Let me know if you have more questions.
            I've gotten testosterone and thyroid checked... They're completely normal. Test was even slightly above average. I saw a urologist about a month ago. He took one look and feel and said there's nothing wrong. Assured me I don't have peyronies or whatever it's called. He said it's in my head but referred me to an ED clinic. I don't know what to expect from it but I still haven't received a letter about it or an appointment date or anything.

There's definitely a lot of room for improvement in terms of physical activity (I'm slightly skinny fat but much more out of shape than ideal). I haven't done much physical activity for several years. Went to the gym for a small period but that was it. I'm going to start a program called "couch to 5k" very soon which is a running program. I figure running is good for muscle tension and the mind so it seems like a very good option. Improves circulation also. It's just great for the body and mind in general. I definitely do have a lot of tension in my legs. I had that before this condition hit though. That said, it may have just taken time for things to accumulate.

I've had periods of really good erections (still not perfect but damn good) and my flaccid penis hanging better but after a while it went back to shit. The fact that my "condition" fluctuates and changes so much makes me feel strongly about potentially making a full recovery.

I've lost a lot of girth (probably the most annoying thing). I used to be 6 inches at the base and I'm now roughly about 5-5.6 (depends on blood flow at the time). Girth has been effected all over my penis but most of all at the base. Haven't lost any length and never jelqued btw. I'm generally nearly always more than 5 inches flat in girth now so that's a positive. When all my symptoms began I had no morning wood whatsoever either. So I have seen improvements over time.

As far as your list of signs of PF dysfunction... I have none. Just a turtled dick with bad blood flow essentially.

Comment

I think you should do some nofap.

Comment

I think you should do some nofap.
                I don't masturbate much at all since I got this condition. I've done many streaks of abstinence for a week or two. I even did one for roughly 50 days. It brought morning wood back but it's possible the two weren't even related. Who knows. When I had much better erections for roughly a month... I was actually masturbating frequently. If anything it seemed to be helping.

And this is where the only thing that really makes me think it might be PF related comes in.... When I was having those better erections... I remember trying to kegel the erection to make it stronger... Which didn't really work very well. It would make it longer but it wouldn't fill up with blood properly. The girth wouldn't come in... And it would end up feeling hollow. However, when I made a conscious effort to relax my PF... The girth filled out much better. I'm not sure if that's how it works for everyone anyway but it was definitely very eye opening at the time.

This doesn't work now though and I'm back to thinner erections. They're not terrible but yeah. But again, the fact that things change so much for me makes me feel far less stress and impending doom. It definitely seems curable.

Comment

you know kegels can cause pd?.

Comment

you know kegels can cause pd?.
                    I don't know what that is bro. I don't do kegels now anyway. I just used to to help maintain an erection when masturbating.

Anyway, all the information on my case is in this thread.

HansTwilight, I look forward to your response and whether you think it's possible I have PF issues. I think I remember reading some people have HF but no urination problems or pain but still have PF. I think I read it somewhere over the last two days of scanning this forum. Back when that Obitoo guy was here in like 2012 haha.

One more thing... Just before these issues started I remember blood coming out of my anus when defecating. There was a lot of pain too. It kinda felt like something was torn or damaged in my anus/rectum. It went away after about two weeks and never returned though. I don't see why it would be related but bringing it up just in case. I'd had blood come out when defecating before and it went away so just assumed it would that time too (and it did). Only difference is there was much more pain and it felt like something was torn. Hasn't come back since though.

Comment

It seems to me that most of your situation is mental, but you may want to consider seeing a PF physio to be certain, I also reccomend counseling. Worst case scenario, your try some of the relaxation and yoga exercises and see no results, you then move on and try something else.
                      The traditional belief (I'm guilty of this) was that hard flaccid was the result of PF tension but this doesn't always seem to be the case.
                      My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

It seems to me that most of your situation is mental, but you may want to consider seeing a PF physio to be certain, I also reccomend counseling. Worst case scenario, your try some of the relaxation and yoga exercises and see no results, you then move on and try something else.
                        The traditional belief (I'm guilty of this) was that hard flaccid was the result of PF tension but this doesn't always seem to be the case.
                        Cheers bro. I'm actually starting therapy literally tomorrow (not for this specifically but I'll make her aware of it). I really want to give the yoga and relaxation things a go as they're good for the body and mind anyway. These erection problems have also been an excuse to give up smoking lol. It's a blessing in disguise in some ways. I'll make sure I ask my GP to get me an appointment with a PT.

I have just two more questions though.

1. Do you think the anal bleeding thing I mentioned is relevant at all? (sorry all this stuff is so nasty lol).
                        2. Do you think running could be beneficial? The one consistency I saw from everyone recovering was physical activity. That was the number 1 consistency above everything. I understand it's possible that everyone just happened to be doing it as a way to get better but it's still worth acknowledging imo. There were actually A LOT of people that recovered or seemed to be recovering and then stopped posting. I checked a lot of people's posting history. There seems to be this belief that barely anyone recovers but what I read didn't indicate that at all. That's without all the people who didn't even talk about recovering and left anyway (who possibly recovered). As well as the people who don't even post. There's a reason many doctors assure you you'll be okay. It's because usually people get over ED issues if they're young and live a healthy lifestyle.

Thanks for the advice though man. I appreciate it. I also appreciate the honesty. First thing I look for in people in regards to this is they're not too sure of themselves. Too many people are and that's a red flag immediately imo.

Comment

Actually, I have one last question. Sorry to be a pain. What is your refractory period like? Did it improve after HF? And do you know if anyone who recovered from HF got it to the point where they can comfortably have one orgasm a day? Cause right now I'm much better off having about a three day gap. We all know your refractory period can extend (it's also sometimes just a natural occurrence) but I also wonder whether it can be reduced.

I'll stop bugging you now. Again, thanks for the help mate.
                          Last edited by Sahara; 10-02-2017, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sahara View Post
                            Cheers bro. I'm actually starting therapy literally tomorrow (not for this specifically but I'll make her aware of it). I really want to give the yoga and relaxation things a go as they're good for the body and mind anyway. These erection problems have also been an excuse to give up smoking lol. It's a blessing in disguise in some ways. I'll make sure I ask my GP to get me an appointment with a PT.

I have just two more questions though.

1. Do you think the anal bleeding thing I mentioned is relevant at all? (sorry all this stuff is so nasty lol).
                            2. Do you think running could be beneficial? The one consistency I saw from everyone recovering was physical activity. That was the number 1 consistency above everything. I understand it's possible that everyone just happened to be doing it as a way to get better but it's still worth acknowledging imo. There were actually A LOT of people that recovered or seemed to be recovering and then stopped posting. I checked a lot of people's posting history. There seems to be this belief that barely anyone recovers but what I read didn't indicate that at all. That's without all the people who didn't even talk about recovering and left anyway (who possibly recovered). As well as the people who don't even post. There's a reason many doctors assure you you'll be okay. It's because usually people get over ED issues if they're young and live a healthy lifestyle.

Thanks for the advice though man. I appreciate it. I also appreciate the honesty. First thing I look for in people in regards to this is they're not too sure of themselves. Too many people are and that's a red flag immediately imo.
                            The anal bleeding is irrelevant IMO if your rectum isn't tight. Also, make sure your get a pelvic floor physio, not a regular one. Exercise can be good for this type of treatment.
                            My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

The anal bleeding is irrelevant IMO if your rectum isn't tight. Also, make sure your get a pelvic floor physio, not a regular one. Exercise can be good for this type of treatment.
                              It was anal bleeding along with constipation. Forgot to mention that. Hasn't returned in 10 months though. I'll at least mention it to the PT.

Is it alright if you address the post above you missed btw?

Comment

Working...
                              X