• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urethral stricture? spongiofibrosis?

delete
    moxsum
    Last edited by moxsum; 10-09-2013, 02:12 AM. Reason: delete

It sounds more like poor blood flow to be honest. The blood is probably taking its time to drain from the penis. Do you have hard flaccid by any chance? This happened with me too until I got rid of that.

Comment

delete
      moxsum
      Last edited by moxsum; 10-09-2013, 02:12 AM. Reason: delete

Comment

Originally posted by moxsum View Post
        yea could be .. and yes i have been experiencing the hard flaccid for a few weeks now.. but it seems like its slowly getting better. How did you get rid of your hard flaccid? how long did it last?
        I couldn't tell you exactly what fixed it. I did all this: for supplements I took green tea once a week, ginkgo biloba + ginseng every day, and L-arginine now and again. I would occasionally do JAI stretches which seemed to help with the turtling. Did some helicopter spins too which temporarily helped. Hot wraps are also great, but tend to leave my veins looking really inflamed (I counter-balanced this with cold wraps - great for inflammation). Cutting down on masturbation is a good idea too.

It lasted for about 3 months but creeps back now and again. After long erections / ejaculation, my dick sometimes stays in a hard flaccid state for 15-30 minutes. My problem now is weak erections when I lie down, but I think they are psychological. I have probably beaten hard flaccid 99% of the time.

Comment

Does this sound like your situation?

Overview
          Urethral stricture is an abnormal narrowing of the tube that carries urine out of the body from the bladder (urethra).

Symptoms:
          • Blood in the semen
          • Bloody or dark urine
          • Decreased urine output
          • Difficulty urinating
          • Discharge from the urethra
          • Frequent or urgent urination
          • Inability to urinate (urinary retention)
          • Incontinence
          • Painful urination (dysuria)
          • Pain in the lower abdomen
          • Pelvic pain
          • Slow urine stream (may develop suddenly or gradually)
          • Spraying of urine stream
          • Swelling of the penis

Treatment

The urethra may be widened (dilated) during cystoscopy by inserting a thin instrument to stretch the urethra while you are under local anesthesia. You may be able to treat your stricture by learning to dilate the urethra at home.

If urethral dilation is not possible, you may need surgery to correct the condition. Surgical options depend on the location and length of the stricture. If the stricture is short and not near the urinary sphincter, options include cutting the stricture via cystoscopy or inserting a dilating device.

An open urethroplasty may be done for longer strictures. This surgery removes the diseased part or replaces it with other tissue. The results vary depending on the size and location, the number of treatments you have had, and the surgeon's experience.
          In cases of acute urinary retention, a suprapubic catheter may be placed as an emergency treatment. This allows the bladder to drain through the abdomen.

There are currently no drug treatments for this disease. If all else fails, a urinary diversion -- appendicovesicostomy (Mitrofanoff procedure) -- may be done. This allows you to perform self-catheterization of the bladder through the wall of the abdomen.

Causes
          Urethral stricture may be caused by inflammation or scar tissue from surgery, disease, or injury. It may also be caused by pressure from an enlarging tumor near the urethra, although this is rare.

Other risks include:
          • A history of sexually transmitted disease (STD)
          • Any instrument inserted into the urethra (such as a catheter or cystoscope)
          • Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
          • Injury or trauma to the pelvic area
          • Repeated episodes of urethritis
          Strictures that are present at birth (congenital) are rare. Strictures in women are also rare.

Tests & diagnosis

A physical examination may show the following:
          • Decreased urinary stream
          • Discharge from the urethra
          • Enlarged (distended) bladder
          • Enlarged or tender lymph nodes in the groin (inguinal) area
          • Enlarged or tender prostate
          • Hardness (induration) on the under surface of the penis
          • Redness or swelling of the penis
          Sometimes the exam reveals no abnormalities.

Tests include the following:
          • Cystoscopy
          • Post-void residual (PVR) volume
          • Retrograde urethrogram
          • Tests for chlamydia and gonorrhea
          • Urinalysis
          • Urinary flow rate
          • Urine culture
          Prognosis

Treatment usually results in an excellent outcome. However, repeated therapies may be needed to remove the scar tissue.

Prevention

Practicing safer-sex behaviors may decrease the risk of getting sexually transmitted diseases and urethral stricture.
          Treating urethral stricture quickly may prevent complications such as kidney or bladder infection or injury.

Complications

Urethral stricture may totally block urine flow, causing acute urinary retention. This condition must be treated quickly.

When to contact a doctor
          Call your health care provider if symptoms of urethral stricture occur.
          Iguana
          Last edited by Iguana; 05-03-2010, 01:27 PM.
          May 2006: 5.75" X 4.5" - Now: 7.44" X 4.875"

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.

Louis Pasteur

Comment

I have urethral stricture. I have been dealing with this since I was 15. My urethra closed completely due to the scarring from the camera that was inserted there for a kidney surgery that I had when I was nine. I use a catheter on myself once a month just to keep things going smoothly. The doctors did offer other options which would have been laser surgery or an implant when the scarring is. I hope you don't have this problem because it is quite a pain in the ass. But the only side effects I have are a slow urine stream and I don't shoot my load very well unless it is the day after I cath myself.

Comment

Originally posted by JizzInMyPants View Post
              I couldn't tell you exactly what fixed it. I did all this: for supplements I took green tea once a week, ginkgo biloba + ginseng every day, and L-arginine now and again. I would occasionally do JAI stretches which seemed to help with the turtling. Did some helicopter spins too which temporarily helped. Hot wraps are also great, but tend to leave my veins looking really inflamed (I counter-balanced this with cold wraps - great for inflammation). Cutting down on masturbation is a good idea too.

It lasted for about 3 months but creeps back now and again. After long erections / ejaculation, my dick sometimes stays in a hard flaccid state for 15-30 minutes. My problem now is weak erections when I lie down, but I think they are psychological. I have probably beaten hard flaccid 99% of the time.
              Would like to get your case on hardflaccid.org for people to review. Every new case of someone getting cured provides a serious pick-me-up for all of the guys still suffering from this. And yet again, very similar things in your cure to the others we've been hearing from. Interesting stuff.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I have a good news for you all suffering from Urethral stricture problem.

Even I was facing the same problem. It started from the day when I was operated for kidney stone in the year 2004. While performing the Ureteroscopy my urine track was injured and since then there was a frequent stricture formation in the Urine track. I had been through forceful dilation twice and operated once. But I got an alternative in Ayurvedic treatment. In 2009 I met an Ayurvedic doctor and discussed my problem with him. He advised me for a treatment called "uttarbast". A non-invasive procedure wherein a medicated oil is pushed in through the Urine track. I had 10 to 15 sittings and my problem is cured permanently.

I thought I could be of help to you all by informing this alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by amitshirodkar77 View Post
                  Hello Everyone,

I have a good news for you all suffering from Urethral stricture problem.

Even I was facing the same problem. It started from the day when I was operated for kidney stone in the year 2004. While performing the Ureteroscopy my urine track was injured and since then there was a frequent stricture formation in the Urine track. I had been through forceful dilation twice and operated once. But I got an alternative in Ayurvedic treatment. In 2009 I met an Ayurvedic doctor and discussed my problem with him. He advised me for a treatment called "uttarbast". A non-invasive procedure wherein a medicated oil is pushed in through the Urine track. I had 10 to 15 sittings and my problem is cured permanently.

I thought I could be of help to you all by informing this alternative.
                  Hello can you tell me which doctor did you consult?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X