Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCT, trigger points "Greg" and Nic Bartolotta.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCT, trigger points "Greg" and Nic Bartolotta.

Watch "The Therawand for chronic pelvic pain syndrome, are you actually making any positive changes?" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/-K-rT38-zQA

"Hard flaccid has absolutely nothing to do with trigger points. In fact, just so you know trigger points do not even exist there are zero scientific studies that actually prove this concept. Although its great for selling massage products!" - hardflaccidmyrecovery.com

Trigger points are pretty damn real.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4508225/

Watch "DCT Knot Stop Hip Flexor Release for lower back pain.(Psoas & Illiacus)" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/rD_

Trigger points don't exist at least not when we don't sell a product for it.

Here's another one.

Watch "Rolflex Pro Upgrade - What's New with the Rolflex Pro | Rolflex Pro" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/RiyKI-r-xtQ

The DUAL STABILITY rollers.

1:10 just that more fine tuned eith accurate pressure ? What the fuck? What's the point of pressure ? We need EEEEEEcentric contraction under tension. Lmfao.

1:23 active release techniques with the Rollflex...

Why would anyone need active release wheb they can use DYNAMIC CONTRATCION TECHNIQUES!!!

How convenient that Nic promotes sponsors and products for myofascial release ...

What do you think your superior transverse perinial is unable to develop trigger points or myofascial restrictions ?
    It's skeletal muscle just like the psoas or the extensor carpi radialis longus ( carpal tunnel syndrome). Why the hell does one need rollflex when they can just DCT their way our if tendon.

In Nics video about concentric and eccentric contraction If you replace their science of "tension is just bound sarcomeres and can be released by eccentric contraction" with "trigger points are bound sarcomeres that can ONLY be released through interfering with the reflex arc using ischemic pressure"

Id go so far as to say that EVERY account and comment associated with DCT, from Reddit to YouTube to here even mentioning DCT as a recommendation for CPPS is one of the three Greg David or Nic.

GODDDD these guys must be making some serious bank off of people.
    Dangler
    Senior Administrator
    ☼ Wizard ☼
    White Tiger Award 2015
    Last edited by Dangler; 08-20-2019, 06:51 PM.

Ok so I have reservations about dct but hey I am going to let it play out and see what develops . My view at this point is that it is a legitmate physio style technique just overhyped .

Comment

I have yet to hear of anyone that is cured thanks to DCT. Except “Greg”

Comment

Cured of what hf?
        I understand it more widely used as a type of stretch by physio along with their other techniques.

I could forsee dct being added to the other types of stretch we do onsite another weapon in the kitbag.

Comment

By the way I asked my physio about it . He said he wasn't up on it but that it "showed promise".

It seems to have some adoption by people into stretching so Yoga type crowd

Comment

Originally posted by 99percent cured View Post
            Id go so far as to say that EVERY account and comment associated with DCT, from Reddit to YouTube to here even mentioning DCT as a recommendation for CPPS is one of the three Greg David or Nic.
            that is wrong. I've got access to the DCT FB group (300 members already) with legitimate FB profiles. rarara (long time member here who doesn't post anymore - I know him for 8 years from the original hf.org forum) also got cured from HF a few months ago using DCT and CelDub (also member here) got cured as well (he has a legitimate FB profile and posted a lot in their FB group). There are also other DCT FB group members who got cured but I don't know if they have an account here.

I have tried trigger point release internal and external for years without a result. It may have worked for you but not for MANY others suffering from CPPS or HF. Now I'm doing DCT and will see how it goes. I agree, however, we can only say it is 100% working if there are more people getting cured with DCT. On the other hand, I only know you who got rid of HF using solely TPs.
            burnout
            Last edited by burnout; 08-06-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

The dude Greg says on his site that trigger points absolutely dont exist, no scinetific proof etc and that massage tools are just an easy way to make money

Then the creator of DCT nick Bartolotta SELLS the rolflex tool that is a trigger point release massage tool.

Sounds profitiably conflicting and contradictory. Which one is it ?

DCT = money in a blender

Comment

I'm in no way defending DCT but what exactly has Greg to do with the creator of DCT Nic Bartolotta? Greg is just one of the guys doing DCT. he is an amateur without any medical or therapeutic background like Nic and had HF and other problems with his body due to strong drug abuse and some kind of accident that may have triggered it all. he is just doing the DCT program and did other stuff before DCT to get rid of HF as you can see on his youtube channel.

I also did hours of trigger point release every day without any result. So what? I still think they are real but only a short relief. there is an underlying problem to it all.
                burnout
                Last edited by burnout; 08-20-2019, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by burnout View Post
                  I'm in no way defending DCT but what exactly has Greg to do with the creator of DCT Nic Bartolotta? Greg is just one of the guys doing DCT. he is an amateur without any medical or therapeutic background like Nic and had HF and other problems with his body due to strong drug abuse and some kind of accident that may have triggered it all. he is just doing the DCT program and did other stuff before DCT to get rid of HF as you can see on his youtube channel.
                  Watch "Healing Pelvic Pain, CPPS - David McCoid Review" on YouTube
                  https://youtu.be/VeMTcMOUs7I

At the 11:20 minute mark till about the end of the video he says he makes money out of it.
                  Dangler
                  Senior Administrator
                  ☼ Wizard ☼
                  White Tiger Award 2015
                  Last edited by Dangler; 08-20-2019, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99percent cured View Post
                    Watch "Healing Pelvic Pain, CPPS - David McCoid Review" on YouTube
                    https://youtu.be/VeMTcMOUs7I

At the 11:20 minute mark till about the end of the video he says he makes money out of it.
                    yeah he is upfront with it that he is an affiliate and earns money IF you buy it through the link he posted below his video. affiliates are nothing unusual nowadays. but he still has nothing to do with DCT itself. he is just a user of it who had success and then promoting it to get some affiliate money. I don't take his videos too serious as he comes off a bit crazy due to his personality but I don't see anything wrong in what he is doing since he also invests a lot of time in making videos and helping others.
                    Dangler
                    Senior Administrator
                    ☼ Wizard ☼
                    White Tiger Award 2015
                    Last edited by Dangler; 08-20-2019, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Youtube links embedded in the post.

Its the little filmstrip icon in the above toolbar, 2nd in, from the right.
                      Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
                      Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Wow I am so shocked to find out Greg makes money off of dct! Surprise surprise . Fuckin joke

Comment

Originally posted by Cd7777 View Post
                          Wow I am so shocked to find out Greg makes money off of dct! Surprise surprise . Fuckin joke

Originally posted by Cd7777 View Post
                          I dont know how you can be shocked. Chronic pain is probably the most profitable guarenteed business in the western world. More than food and real estate and war. Practitioners can actually get paid for no results.

Bro you should see every youtube reddit or fringe website comment sections related to cpps. They will say dct is the cure.

Those 3 dudes have 100 accounts and burner phones on rotation claiming their program fixes cpps for a price of course.

The creator of DCT nic bartolotta sells the rolflex forearm myofascial release tool. That shit is in direct conflict with the prinicipals of muscle tension as defined by dct method. Why doesnt Nic Bartolotta create a tool for obturator internus muscle relaxation? Lmfao.

You can find free copies or samples of Clair Davies or Travell and Simons on the internet or library. There are endless physios on YouTube who have fairly useful information on at least balancing and correcting your pelvis. But there is this GROUND BREAKING method never before seen that only costs s few hundred dollars ....Get the fuck outta here.

Everyone will rob you when it comes to chronic pain and more specifically pelvic pain.

Urologists will run every useless test, prescribe all these toxic and potentially life altering drugs, useless drugs also. Theyll do whatever they can to bill your medical insurance. Profits are their goal regardless of results.

Physio therapists will give you a shit ton of exercises that more likely than not make your condition worse. All rhe while billing your health insurance.

Primary care physicians will send you to all their buddies to make sure everyone of their pals gets paid by your insurance provider.

Pelvic floor therapists. These are the biggest capitalists and the biggest gamble with your time and money while getting some professional assistance thqt may yield results. "May". They, more than most know what youre going through, probably not by 1st hand experience, but after lots of schooling and years in the business have a decent understanding of cpps. They know your conidition and know you dont really have any other place to go to fix it. They charge a shit ton of money and youre NOT frugaly going to throw a few thousand dollars at them and get fixed. If they fix you too early well then theyve lost a guaranteed repeat customer. If it takes too long to fix word gets around (yelp/review sites) that their practice is not worth it. Expect to spend 20,000 over a year period for real assisted professional pelvic floor quality therapy. Who on earth has time and money to spend on things like that ?

Learn the anatomy and physiology. Apply it, fix yourself and enjoy your life.

Comment

@99percent

don't take any pride in Cds comment as he is well known here in bashing DCT all the time even if he hasn't tried it. You better give us instructions for your solution to get rid of CPPS and HF.
                            burnout
                            Last edited by burnout; 08-21-2019, 04:27 PM.

Comment

@burnout. I did try it. I paid David McCoid to “heal” me with his old program. It didn’t work. That’s why his program folded. It didn’t work. So now he pairs up with some other weird lookin partner and suddenly his “new” program “DCT” is a sudden cure? It’s a joke. Keep wasting your money on him though, and dedicating your time to something that most likely won’t cure you. And 99percent it doesn’t surprise me that McCoid, his partner and Greg make up accounts to claim to be patients of dct and saying it cured them. What a creative sales pitch. Pathetic . That really pisses me off, and the fact that he comes out and blatantly says he makes a cut of selling the dct program is amusing. Way to blow himself in

Comment

Working...
                              X