Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neurologist for Hard Flaccid/CPPS/Lifeless Penis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neurologist for Hard Flaccid/CPPS/Lifeless Penis?

So I've posted on here a bunch of times about my completely lifeless penis (no feeling, no morning wood, basically zero sensitivity, just flops around lifeless and all) along with soreness and sometimes pain around my taint (perineum). I've been directed that it's more than likely CPPS from an overactive Pelvic floor. I was seeing a Physio for a while for internal massages and such and idk if that was really getting anywhere. The Physio referred me to see a urologist (have seen a handful in the past and they all said my penis looked okay which is complete BS because I literally cannot feel my penis and can barely get an erection) but this urologist that my physio recommended that I see was apparently familiar with CPPS/ Pelvic floor issues. I saw this urologist and he basically said Hard Flaccid is not a thing and he said to continue to see the physio and prescribed me some muscle relaxants to take before bed to calm down my overactive pelvic floor muscles. He also wants me to go see a Neurologist because he's sure it's not a blood flow issue.

My question is this, has anyone seen a Neurologist for this issue? If so what have they found/gained from it? Did it help?

I'm so fucking tired of not seeing a light at the end of the road. It's been over 6 years and things seem to have gotten worse. I'm willing to try anything... Anything. I'm lost. I'm desperate. Life is meaningless and depression is hitting hard as my mind tells me this is permanent and I'll never regain feeling in my penis. Help... Please...

I feel your pain man. I've been struggling with this shit for over 14 years. Hopefully your doctor has some novelty ways to treat Ed. I hear you man, sometimes I wonder if physio is fukkin working. I see my uro in 6 months. The only thing that really helps is the placebo effect. I'm gonna put the ball in his corner and if he sends it back to me I am gonna refer to an implant, unless he has some better ideas. I'm not gonna diagnose here, but in my case it may be permanent. (Tears In the fibrous sheath called the tunica albuginea). Which may take days months or years to heal 🙏.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyTooBad View Post
      So I've posted on here a bunch of times about my completely lifeless penis (no feeling, no morning wood, basically zero sensitivity, just flops around lifeless and all) along with soreness and sometimes pain around my taint (perineum). I've been directed that it's more than likely CPPS from an overactive Pelvic floor. I was seeing a Physio for a while for internal massages and such and idk if that was really getting anywhere. The Physio referred me to see a urologist (have seen a handful in the past and they all said my penis looked okay which is complete BS because I literally cannot feel my penis and can barely get an erection) but this urologist that my physio recommended that I see was apparently familiar with CPPS/ Pelvic floor issues. I saw this urologist and he basically said Hard Flaccid is not a thing and he said to continue to see the physio and prescribed me some muscle relaxants to take before bed to calm down my overactive pelvic floor muscles. He also wants me to go see a Neurologist because he's sure it's not a blood flow issue.

My question is this, has anyone seen a Neurologist for this issue? If so what have they found/gained from it? Did it help?

I'm so fucking tired of not seeing a light at the end of the road. It's been over 6 years and things seem to have gotten worse. I'm willing to try anything... Anything. I'm lost. I'm desperate. Life is meaningless and depression is hitting hard as my mind tells me this is permanent and I'll never regain feeling in my penis. Help... Please...
      Has pudental neuralgia ever been brought up? Did this start after some injury to the pelvic floor?
      My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

You pissed off your physio . Were you doing the sky is falling woe is me thing ? Catastrophizing is normal with hf but it pisses people off .
        The hardest thing with this issue is to deal with the stress/anxiety /catastrophizing . The physio can deal with the physical part what are you doing for the mental part ?

Comment

Oh by the way only the cuting edge of physio recognises hf as a seperate issue even then they regard it as a form of cpps.

I suggest you try not to piss your physio off further and get a therapist.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
            Oh by the way only the cuting edge of physio recognises hf as a seperate issue even then they regard it as a form of cpps.

I suggest you try not to piss your physio off further and get a therapist.

I didn't piss off my physio. Not that I know of. I was going once a week. How often do you recommend I see a physio?

Hans, I have not heard of prudential neuralgia?? And no there was no injury that this arose from.

Comment

I didn't piss off my physio. Not that I know of. I was going once a week. How often do you recommend I see a physio?

Hans, I have not heard of prudential neuralgia?? And no there was no injury that this arose from.
              Did you bike/horseback ride a lot? Anything you sat on that may put pressure on those muscles? I asked b/c of the numbness you mentioned.
              My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

Originally posted by HansTwilight View Post
                Did you bike/horseback ride a lot? Anything you sat on that may put pressure on those muscles? I asked b/c of the numbness you mentioned.

Did some BMX when I was a teen. No horseback riding. I do recall slipping and falling out of a tree onto a branch but I must've been 11-13 years old? My symptoms came about when I was 21/22. Do you think BMX or that injury from when I was much younger could've had an affect?

Comment

Did some BMX when I was a teen. No horseback riding. I do recall slipping and falling out of a tree onto a branch but I must've been 11-13 years old? My symptoms came about when I was 21/22. Do you think BMX or that injury from when I was much younger could've had an affect?
                  No, I was trying to see if you had a perineum injury which may cause pudental neuralgia.
                  My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

you should do some tennisball massage...

Do you have APT? either way i recommend checking your overall flexibility in the lower body, before all; hamstrings, calves, glutes, hip flexors as
                    all of these muscles are connected to your pelvic floor. I recommend the pigeon pose. Just sitting to much at work and at the PC during the days for a longer time will get you into alot of trouble.

Start do some squatting, also hindi squats and RKS obviously but id imagine you are already doing them.

Maybe you arent doing your hindis and RKS enough? i read your older post and you mentioned your physio telling you to PUSH but you felt like you were weak.
                    A push(RK) is just a stretch/relaxation of the muscle and its not because you are weak you couldnt do it, its because of major tension.

Also lastly I can recommend doing the Angion methods, i have had incredible results with blood flow down there with its help.

Comment

I feel your pain and am praying for you brother. Have you or your physio done any trigger point work? If there was loss of nerve sensation in the area, stimulating what is there might be helpful in regeneration. Maybe use something like a massaging shower head on the area a couple times a day.

The physio that did my evaluation last week offers some interesting services in terms of pelvic neurology. While it was not recommended as treatment for my CPPS, she did give me a brief overview of some of the things they can do there if necessary. One was peripheral nerve hydrodissection, which is injecting some kind of material around the nerve to shield it from tissues that may be compressing/irritating it. They also have ultrasound guided trigger point injections. Do some searching, it might be that you could benefit from one of those more advanced techniques to get things firing again for you. I wish you the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Drjohn View Post
                        you should do some tennisball massage...

Do you have APT? either way i recommend checking your overall flexibility in the lower body, before all; hamstrings, calves, glutes, hip flexors as
                        all of these muscles are connected to your pelvic floor. I recommend the pigeon pose. Just sitting to much at work and at the PC during the days for a longer time will get you into alot of trouble.

Start do some squatting, also hindi squats and RKS obviously but id imagine you are already doing them.

Maybe you arent doing your hindis and RKS enough? i read your older post and you mentioned your physio telling you to PUSH but you felt like you were weak.
                        A push(RK) is just a stretch/relaxation of the muscle and its not because you are weak you couldnt do it, its because of major tension.

Also lastly I can recommend doing the Angion methods, i have had incredible results with blood flow down there with its help.

How does one do tennis ball massage properly? I've tried but I don't think I'm doing it right.

I do have APT (mainly from all my years of swimming) and as I'm kinda starting from square one here I believe I should focus on correcting my APT along with improving my posture altogether first. My hip flexors are always tight and my butt usually has the side dimples, if that makes sense. My lower back kind seems to cave in. So my posture is all types of fucked up.

Comment

How does one do tennis ball massage properly? I've tried but I don't think I'm doing it right.

I do have APT (mainly from all my years of swimming) and as I'm kinda starting from square one here I believe I should focus on correcting my APT along with improving my posture altogether first. My hip flexors are always tight and my butt usually has the side dimples, if that makes sense. My lower back kind seems to cave in. So my posture is all types of fucked up.
                          There is no "right way" to do the tennis ball massage. It's literally called a "massage", it depends on your own unique body. Just sit on it and moved your body around it, you can also just use your two fingers if need be.
                          My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

Originally posted by HansTwilight View Post
                            There is no "right way" to do the tennis ball massage. It's literally called a "massage", it depends on your own unique body. Just sit on it and moved your body around it, you can also just use your two fingers if need be.

I've massaged plenty of times with my fingers down there. I recently bought one of the Pso-rite tools and I'm using that along with a foam roller and stretching bands to loosen up my hip flexors and improve on my posture and anterior pelvic tilt (APT) I think this is a good starting place for my recovery.

I still have yet to see a Neurologist like the most recent urologist hist recommended. I may also start going back to a Physiotherapist for internal massage. I think going to a massage therapist would also help.

Comment

Has anyone seen a Neurologist for similar issues?

Comment

Working...
                              X