super tight bulbous spongious and ischiocavernosus muscles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super tight bulbous spongious and ischiocavernosus muscles

After visiting top of the line pelvic floor therapist. I have the following diagnosis: bulbous spongious tightness level 8/10, ischiocavernosus tightness 8/10. So pretty extreme levels of tightness with 10 being tightest and I am at an 8 with those 2 muscles, the tightness is more on the left side than right. What could be the symptoms of such tight muscles?

So, tightness in that area is exactly whats making it hard for me to recover from a strain in what i believe is that exact muscle right now. I caused a strain from excessive kegeling and jelqing on top of that type of underlying issue. I wasnt fully aware of it at the time, and if you look through my thread you’ll see the symptoms of such things are NOT fun once they start. Right now, the tightness is probably adding to your sensitivity and giving involuntary kegels during sex... things like premature ejaculation etc. I’d make fixing it a priority while things are still healthy.

My suggestion would be starting a stretch routine minimum two times per day. Do belly breaths while doing the stretches (inhaling to expand/relax the pelvic floor, dont do this forcefully). Read HANS protocal and his threads.

Even more important is to try to check in with yourself constantly throughout daily activities to see what the level of tension is, and release it. I find mine almost seems to have two stages of unconscious tension. One is nearly 70% of a kegel, the second is just a light tension. The first has been relatively easy to undo the second requires more focus but at almost any given time in the day i can catch myself with some level of tension down there. Sitting/laying seems to be the only time im not chronically guarding.
    troublehshooter
    Last edited by troublehshooter; 02-06-2020, 09:30 AM. Reason: fixed some typos

Comment

Originally posted by troublehshooter View Post
      So, tightness in that area is exactly whats making it hard for me to recover from a strain in what i believe is that exact muscle right now. I caused a strain from excessive kegeling and jelqing on top of that type of underlying issue. I wasnt fully aware of it at the time, and if you look through my thread you’ll see the symptoms of such things are NOT fun once they start. Right now, the tightness is probably adding to your sensitivity and giving involuntary kegels during sex... things like premature ejaculation etc. I’d make fixing it a priority while things are still healthy.

My suggestion would be starting a stretch routine minimum two times per day. Do belly breaths while doing the stretches (inhaling to expand/relax the pelvic floor, dont do this forcefully). Read HANS protocal and his threads.

Even more important is to try to check in with yourself constantly throughout daily activities to see what the level of tension is, and release it. I find mine almost seems to have two stages of unconscious tension. One is nearly 70% of a kegel, the second is just a light tension. The first has been relatively easy to undo the second requires more focus but at almost any given time in the day i can catch myself with some level of tension down there. Sitting/laying seems to be the only time im not chronically guarding.
      What this man said, its all in my signature. Let me know if you have questions.
      My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

My Tai Chi people have taught me the value of belly breathing--
        all the way down to the pelvic floor. I guess thirty years of
        long distance swimming has made this kind of breathing
        much easier for me.

Comment

Originally posted by going411by7 View Post
          My Tai Chi people have taught me the value of belly breathing--
          all the way down to the pelvic floor. I guess thirty years of
          long distance swimming has made this kind of breathing
          much easier for me.
          That's probably why you haven't blown out your pelvic floor from all those kegels
          My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

Indeed!!!

Comment

What are the symptoms of tightness in those two muscles though?

Comment

Well the tension tends to restrict blood flow. That causes ED in many guys, just decrease of erectile quality in others. As I understand it, some guys tend to feel pain, mainly in the pelvic area and in the penis, generally up at the tip, but can be chronically anywhere. Some guys can get the pain in their scrotum.

For me, I get incredibly tight during my sleep from my nightly erections. When I wake up, generally after 4-5 hrs of sleep. I find myself with hard morning wood that will slowly die out in 2-3 minutes, showing the results of extreme tightness, which is a significant bending to the left side as if one side of my penis is not getting 100% bloodflow like it used to. Even though my erection is hard, some minor girth is just not showing there like before, even though its more optical then measured.

I also speculate, that the symptoms and ethalons of tightness in these muscles is your flaccid size. For me, when I am super tight, my penis will be aroun 5-7 cm with a almost 30° bending to the left, hard and firm on touch, kind of separated from my body sticking outwards before hanging, scrotum is tight (basically like when you exercise hard or get out of freezing water), the glans is also cold to the touch.

Then there are many states in between all the way to my full relaxed state, which I get after either relaxing unconsciously, forgetting all my problems and troubles, not feeling anxious and enjoying the present, or either by relaxing via reverse kegels, belly breathing and some pelvic area and back stretching. Also due to hand traction - penis stretching to release the unflooded tissue and reduce/eliminate the curve.

In this state, my flaccid is hanging straight down, my scrotum is loose. My penis is soft and rubbery, while being at up to 15 cm long and overally warm to the touch - it is clear that optimal bloodflow is present in this state. It is the kind of state you would be getting during no stress, very warm summer evenings in loose shorts.

Disclaimer: I do not do PE and my full erection is 19 bpel 17 nbel long (cm).

Can anyone elaborate on my flaccid size - pelvic floor tightness theory? It is accurate for me, what about you?

Comment

Originally posted by 2young4this View Post
                  Well the tension tends to restrict blood flow. That causes ED in many guys, just decrease of erectile quality in others. As I understand it, some guys tend to feel pain, mainly in the pelvic area and in the penis, generally up at the tip, but can be chronically anywhere. Some guys can get the pain in their scrotum.

For me, I get incredibly tight during my sleep from my nightly erections. When I wake up, generally after 4-5 hrs of sleep. I find myself with hard morning wood that will slowly die out in 2-3 minutes, showing the results of extreme tightness, which is a significant bending to the left side as if one side of my penis is not getting 100% bloodflow like it used to. Even though my erection is hard, some minor girth is just not showing there like before, even though its more optical then measured.

I also speculate, that the symptoms and ethalons of tightness in these muscles is your flaccid size. For me, when I am super tight, my penis will be aroun 5-7 cm with a almost 30° bending to the left, hard and firm on touch, kind of separated from my body sticking outwards before hanging, scrotum is tight (basically like when you exercise hard or get out of freezing water), the glans is also cold to the touch.

Then there are many states in between all the way to my full relaxed state, which I get after either relaxing unconsciously, forgetting all my problems and troubles, not feeling anxious and enjoying the present, or either by relaxing via reverse kegels, belly breathing and some pelvic area and back stretching. Also due to hand traction - penis stretching to release the unflooded tissue and reduce/eliminate the curve.

In this state, my flaccid is hanging straight down, my scrotum is loose. My penis is soft and rubbery, while being at up to 15 cm long and overally warm to the touch - it is clear that optimal bloodflow is present in this state. It is the kind of state you would be getting during no stress, very warm summer evenings in loose shorts.

Disclaimer: I do not do PE and my full erection is 19 bpel 17 nbel long (cm).

Can anyone elaborate on my flaccid size - pelvic floor tightness theory? It is accurate for me, what about you?
                  this is pretty much my situation, also have the bend to the left when flaccid. Exact same issue in the mornings. SUCKS. On top of everything you mentioned I also have a constricted tight left testicle, that usually doesn't hang down.

Comment

Hey HelpmeHF,

That is interesting man. Come to think of it. when i stand in front of a mirror, breathe in and out. On breathing out, my left testicle travels up and inch, coming down again with another breath in. Wonder what is up with that.

I do have a left varicocele with blood regurgitation I wonder if that has anything to do with.. well, anything.

How long have you had this problem? Have you been to a PF therapist? I am going to a pf massagist in a week, hopefully she is going to provide some insight.

Comment

Hey HelpmeHF,

That is interesting man. Come to think of it. when i stand in front of a mirror, breathe in and out. On breathing out, my left testicle travels up and inch, coming down again with another breath in. Wonder what is up with that.

I do have a left varicocele with blood regurgitation I wonder if that has anything to do with.. well, anything.

How long have you had this problem? Have you been to a PF therapist? I am going to a pf massagist in a week, hopefully she is going to provide some insight.
                      4 years and counting. No i've never been to a PF therapist but i've tried all sorts of "PF exercises" none of them did much of anything for me. I do a PF massage daily and that has helped slightly with my testicular discomfort but still have HF most of the time with the left bend although the bend isn't as bad these days i guess.

Also had really bad left varicocele appear when i would masturbate a lot but since being on nofap, i don't see any varicocele just testicle tightness. The symptoms you get are all extremely broad and wide ranging, I try to not pay attention to them.

I only plan on giving a symptom attention when i have a completely flaccid penis and normal looking testicle. Then any symptoms after that might be worth looking into.

Comment

My left testicle hangs about 1 cm above my right one, that's normal though I think.

4 years man, that is tough. Well at least you can be sure it is not peyronie's disease.

Things are loosening up for me if I do my front reverse kegels, although it is difficult for me to target the upper part. I am trying to imagine two triangles in my pelvic area, with sides being the sit bones, front my penis and back my tailbone. When reverse kegeling I visualize all the points of both triangles expand outward, then collapse on breathing out.

When I am on a low carb/keto diet, I get powerful morning/nightly erections and wake up tight as hell with significant curving to the left, so I started eating carbs again in hopes of reducing the morning erections to reduce involuntary kegels in my sleep. Because with that, I feel like I am at ground zero every morning only to begin all over.

You sure it is a good idea to not masturbate at all? Wouldnt it be better for you to masturbate off of your mind at least every 10 days?

Comment

My left testicle hangs about 1 cm above my right one, that's normal though I think.

4 years man, that is tough. Well at least you can be sure it is not peyronie's disease.

Things are loosening up for me if I do my front reverse kegels, although it is difficult for me to target the upper part. I am trying to imagine two triangles in my pelvic area, with sides being the sit bones, front my penis and back my tailbone. When reverse kegeling I visualize all the points of both triangles expand outward, then collapse on breathing out.

When I am on a low carb/keto diet, I get powerful morning/nightly erections and wake up tight as hell with significant curving to the left, so I started eating carbs again in hopes of reducing the morning erections to reduce involuntary kegels in my sleep. Because with that, I feel like I am at ground zero every morning only to begin all over.

You sure it is a good idea to not masturbate at all? Wouldnt it be better for you to masturbate off of your mind at least every 10 days?
                          Masturbating always made things worse, especially if i would do it multiple times a day or repeatedly over a few days. The thing is when your PF is really tight you immediately ejaculate so the masturbation isn't satisfying and it tends to be just a big regret for me. Also ejaculation involves strong kegels which just tighten everything up again. It's like the morning wood. Again you can't entirely eliminate all of this but i try to do what i can.

Once every 10 days probably isn't a big deal, but if you can minimize it even further it probably can't hurt. All i can say is multiple times a week is probably a bad idea.

Comment

Working...
                          X