Tall and skinny guys with hard flaccid- you might have EDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tall and skinny guys with hard flaccid- you might have EDS

I always hear about most of the guys with hard flaccid having a tall and skinny stature, like myself. But how tall and skinny can be a sign of a connective tissue disease that most doctors completely miss. Interested in knowing how many of you might have EDS or something similar. Google beighton score on google images and check out the diagrams showing hypermobility in different parts of the body. If you can do a few of these it means the joints are lax, and the muscles- including pelvic floor are always tight to compensate hence the hard flaccid. ***flexibiity and hypermobilty are very different btw, and just cause you aren’t flexible doesn’t mean your joints don’t bend back farther than they should, definitely don’t Write it off like I did at first glance*** If you have an arm span to height ratio greater than 1.14 and can do the steinberg and Walker signs would also point toward marfans or EDS. I have a penis with sensitivity , hardly feel temp change , glans doesn’t fill, hf pretty much everything for a while now. Now that I found out I had this it makes a little more sense as to why.

Not sure what eds is but I know of Marfans .

To clarify arm span is the distance from tip of finger to tip of finger with arms outstretched . Typically in a white guy this will be similar to height so a one to one ratio . If your span is a a lot more than height it may be an indication of Marfans along with height and big feet ,poor eyesight yada yada . Notice I said an INDICATION . If one were concerned one would need a doc to test .

Comment

Ehlers-Danlos syndrome.

I shall look more into this tomorrow.
      You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

Working...
      X