Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to cure tight AND weak PF muscles at the same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to cure tight AND weak PF muscles at the same time?

My PF is weak due to an excessive stretching routine, so I reduced the work from my stretching routine AND added in some kegels. I could feel my PF was tight when masturbating today, but it still felt weak too (the orgasm was very weak).

I'm unsure on whether to do more stretching (which would obviously make my PF weaker), more kegels (which would make my PF too tight if I do too many) or increase both, or keep both the same.

My current routine is:
    3 sets of 10 reps kegels with 5 second contractions
    3 rounds of 30 seconds on 5 pelvic floor stretches
    1 Hindu squat for 2 minutes (not doing more because as a powerlifter I do not want to fatigue my legs too much on rest days).
    I do this routine every other day (1 on, 1 off, repeat).

I've also started masturbating with a lighter grip and slower speed and with lube, hoping to increase the sensitivity of my penis.

Do smart stretching. Target the areas that are most tight.
    When doing kegels, aim for control and awareness. Dont just contract the kegels but engage them slowly and let them go slowly.
    Be aware how access to the muscles changes in different positions.

Brute kegel strength isnt important when doing the basics. It comes in the last stages of things like MMO etc.
    25cm! Let's go!

Comment

Originally posted by DickerSchwanz View Post
      Do smart stretching. Target the areas that are most tight.
      When doing kegels, aim for control and awareness. Dont just contract the kegels but engage them slowly and let them go slowly.
      Be aware how access to the muscles changes in different positions.

Brute kegel strength isnt important when doing the basics. It comes in the last stages of things like MMO etc.
      Okay, thankyou. The contractions feel syrongest when laying down on my back, then when sitting down, and feel weakest when standing up. They also feel much stronger when I'm erect rather than flaccid.

What do those facts suggest about my PF?

Comment

That sounds normal.
        You could now train to get more awareness, control, and then strength - standing up.
        Worst one can do ,imo, is to do kegels only in one position the same way(like sitting) - leads to imbalance.
        25cm! Let's go!

Comment

Would it be better if I did alternating workouts like one standing, one sitting, one laying down? Like a whole kegel session like that. Or do each session as 1 set standing, 1 set sitting, 1 set laying down?
          Also should I be doing more erect kegels, or majority as flaccid?

Comment

You could do both ways of workouts and check what works best for you.

I like erect kegels more, seems more focused and close to the function of kegels during an erection. They dont have much use when flaccid. (but still works to train the muscle)
            25cm! Let's go!

Comment

Awesome, thankyou. Do you think I should "schedule" my masturbation around my PF exercise routine? Or at least *try* to not masturbate on my PF rest days?

I'm still at the point where it's taking me 20 minutes to ejaculate from masturbation, so obviously that's going to add some fatigue to my PF muscles maybe. But then if I "schedule" my masturbation, it's bad for my sex drive and it doesn't feel good.

Comment

That sounds normal.
                You could now train to get more awareness, control, and then strength - standing up.
                Worst one can do ,imo, is to do kegels only in one position the same way(like sitting) - leads to imbalance.
                An excellent point. Sitting and kegeling causes discomfort and pain when sitting. The PF muscles are so prone to being trained that one will find that having excessively kegeled while sitting, the muscles tense up much more when seated, causing a host of pain/discomfort.
                My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

Originally posted by HansTwilight View Post
                  An excellent point. Sitting and kegeling causes discomfort and pain when sitting. The PF muscles are so prone to being trained that one will find that having excessively kegeled while sitting, the muscles tense up much more when seated, causing a host of pain/discomfort.
                  It's certainly one of the most unnatural positions. I posit most of the male issues we see, especially the last 10 years HF and co, are from guys wanking in a sitting position only.
                  It somehow trains the whole PF to only function in that position. I guess similar can happen to guys only using the same machine to train their biceps, which often results in low functioning in other positions.

Awesome, thankyou. Do you think I should "schedule" my masturbation around my PF exercise routine? Or at least *try* to not masturbate on my PF rest days?

I'm still at the point where it's taking me 20 minutes to ejaculate from masturbation, so obviously that's going to add some fatigue to my PF muscles maybe. But then if I "schedule" my masturbation, it's bad for my sex drive and it doesn't feel good.
                  Basic Masturbation does nothing to strengthen the PF. It maintains function I guess..
                  I wouldn't worry too much about when you masturbate in a dogmatic way. Though I always liked to edge AFTER any PE or Kegel routine to "fill in" what I worked on prior. Too much ejaculation by masturbation surely isn't good it always felt like it diminishes the work done prior.. Test and observe, adjust.
                  25cm! Let's go!

Comment

It's certainly one of the most unnatural positions. I posit most of the male issues we see, especially the last 10 years HF and co, are from guys wanking in a sitting position only.
                    It somehow trains the whole PF to only function in that position. I guess similar can happen to guys only using the same machine to train their biceps, which often results in low functioning in other positions.

Something I have noticed is that when seated, stimulation involuntarily activated the PC muscle, but when standing it's the BC that is more activated. I did a lot of reverse kegels to combat this. Position makes a huge difference.
                    My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

Must be also how the inner penis is anchored and moves vs. the muscles, sitting and standing.

But even without an erection.. Sitting the PC muscles is easily engaged. Not so much standing.(feels "flat", standing)
                      Never noticed how the BC is much easier accessed standing... hmm
                      25cm! Let's go!

Comment

Working...
                      X