Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tight PF causing ED rather than loose pelvic floor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tight PF causing ED rather than loose pelvic floor?

If I'm thinking and I get an erection, the quality hasn't been 100% recently. Morning wood (especially in the middle of the night) is still great, but after reading the article I've attached here, I think I've misdiagnosed myself.

I've been saying in my recent posts that I think I have tight AND weak PF muscles, but what if it's just tight? The article discusses tight PFM as a cause of ED because of the restricted blood flow, and also mentions them as a cause of lack of penile sensation.

My first orgasm issues began after doing excessive kegels, and then I did excessive stretching. So I thought it was tight and weak, but now I'm thinking it's just tight PF.

Here's the article: https://urologyaustin.com/physical-therapy/erectile-dysfunction-and-pelvic-floor-physical-therapy/

P.s. I'm attempting NoFap and when that ends I'm going to have better masturbation habits, just to rule out the chance that orgasm issues are only caused by bad masturbation habits.

I should also add that I'm a competitive powerlifter, so perhaps my PF has always been stronger than average (i.e. tight) because it gets some sort of hypertrophy gains from squats, deadlifts etc?

Comment

I guess experimenting with different ratios of kegels/reverse kegels would be a good way to find out? For example if you do a 30/70 split for a certain amount of time and your symptoms improved, you'd have an idea if what you're thinking is true. If they got worse, dial it back to 50/50 etc.

Comment

For 2 weeks or so I was doing 150-200: 360 (erect kegels:stretching). I felt like 200 seconds of erect kegels was too much so I went down to 150. I was doing that I'm alternating days.

My urinary issues improved a bit (less frequent, more relaxed stream so that suggests that tightness was reduced) BUT I was having very strong IK's during an erection even without masturbating, so that suggests tightness was increased.

Perhaps the ratio was good, but the kegel work was too much to handle?? So I got the tightness of overtraining but also relaxed it a bit at the same time?

The routine was this:
        3-4 sets of 10 reps erect kegels held for 5 seconds, followed by 3 rounds of 4 flaccid stretches held for 30 seconds each.

Comment

If you are not doing atg squats then your weight training is likely to be having kegel type effects .

Are you doing hindi squat?

Comment

I'm unsure how to fit Hindi squats around my powerlifting routine. In a few weeks I'll be back to training squats and deadlifts twice a week. But for now it's squats on Monday, deadlifts on Wednesday and leg press on Saturday. Bench press on Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by ThatGuy34 View Post
              I'm unsure how to fit Hindi squats around my powerlifting routine. In a few weeks I'll be back to training squats and deadlifts twice a week. But for now it's squats on Monday, deadlifts on Wednesday and leg press on Saturday. Bench press on Tuesday
              Deadlifts on THURSDAY I mean. Bench press on Tuesday and Saturday.

How can I fit Hindi squats in without it adding extra fatigue to my legs.

Comment

Ok so stretches enhance recovery so do them after leg days in particular .

As an aside my experience in gyms is guys training drug free typically do too much volume .

Comment

The day after leg day? Or the same day, but at some point after the workout?

Ok so my PF is definately tighter now, I'm experiencing a bit if constipation. Would it be wise of me to do no kegels for a few weeks?

I am not doing too much volume in the gym. I show no symptoms of this, and my progressions has been great.

Comment

You can do Hindi stretches everyday but the best time is at the end of a leg workout like within 5 minutes

Comment

Yes I would stop kegels for a week or so and learn reverse kegels.

Comment

Okay so I'll do Hindi squats after each leg day.

How often should I stretch though? I don't want to make my PF too weak (remember that I've said before I thought my PF was weak as well as tight).

Hopefully I can learn to do an RK soon. But what if I can't learn it? Just stick to stretching?

Comment

Also, which of these sounds better?

A - stick with 360 seconds of stretching total each session, doing each stretch for 30 seconds

B - stick with 360 seconds total stretching each session, but do each stretchfor 45 seconds

C - 30 seconds each stretch, but more total seconds

D - 45 seconds each stretch, but more total seconds

Comment

Start increasing time held of hindi stretch you may also wish to look at other yoga style stretches .

Comment

Okay thankyou. Is this a symptom of tightness too? Each night for the last 2 weeks I've woke up between 2-4am because I really need to urinate (this never used to happen so frequently) but I cannot fully empty my bladder and still feel like I need to lee afterwards (this is the case the majority of times I urinate).

Comment

Working...
                              X