Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Pressure' in head from Reverse Kegels

Hi all,

I had a kegeling/squeeze induced injury 8.5 months ago.

I recently figured out that what I have been suffering from all these months is due to a dysfunctioning pelvic floor, so I've been working on relaxing it for the past few weeks.

When I realised it was tight, I constantly held a reverse kegel for an entire day or two. I was ecstatic at the time as it instantly cleared up 80% of my symptoms.

However, I stopped holding long rk's as I was getting a pretty major sensation of pressure in my head (big head, not nob) that lasts for a good few days. It does slowly dwindle down with time.

I am now very careful about rk's and try and only do them during strength excercises as part of my PF stretch routine. I still have pressure in my head now, less than when I first held rk's for long though. The less diaphrametic breathing/hard rk's I do, the less 'pressure' lingers.

So the question is - has anyone here had a sensation of pressure in your head from Reverse Kegel work? I don't know a more apt word to use - 'pressure' seems to be most fitting.

UPDATE (04/21):

Head pressure feelings may be linked to spine; it's far less severe after an osteo/chiro adjustment
    not2deepbabe
    Last edited by not2deepbabe; 04-27-2021, 06:46 PM. Reason: update

So sounds like the change in breathing is causing the head thing .

UMM what do you mean rk during "strength exercises". So rk during hindi squat is ok once you work up to it . Advise against rk during weighted squats or the like .

Comment

Hi Pegasus,

By strength, I mean resistance exercises for PF.

Eg., on the floor lying on your back with your legs up bent in the air like a crunch. Then, pushing your hands against your knees for 5 seconds or so, 4-6 reps 1 set.

Re breathing: Potentially. I was thinking that it could be more to do with straining as a result of trying to relax PF. I even got piles for a week or so as a result of trying to stay in a constant rk.

Comment

Ok so a kegel type action is part of core stability . If you are doing rk while your body is under load it has injury potential .
        So straining changes your breathing .

I suggest you get away from hard rk I will send a link .

Comment

Do this instead.

https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...se-kegels.html

Comment

Okay thank you.

It's odd though that the head pressure stays, even way after the straining/rk's. Do you know how to stop it/why it's causing 'head pressure'?

Comment

I just tried doing a very light rk on in breath and it makes the pressure much worse.

Comment

If you are concerned seek medical advice . I am taking a guess over the net after all .
                That said an increase in blood pressure from holding breath and "straining" seems implicated . How is your health btw ? Had a check up recently ?

Comment

Very true, thanks for your help so far though,

I'd suspect my health to be pretty good. I weight train every day, eat as clean as possible (I count every calorie), don't drink or smoke etc. What's made me suspect it's not blood pressure is due to the direct correlation between this pressure sensation and even relaxing PF lightly. You're right though, that and blood pressure could be related - I should speak to a Doctor.

Comment

What exactly is this pressure you speak of? Could you explain it better?

Don't strain when doing RK's.
                    You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

My ears get hot and red too every now and then since the intial hard rk's - could this be to do with it?
                      not2deepbabe
                      Last edited by not2deepbabe; 01-13-2021, 06:07 PM.

Comment

It's hard to describe. A sort of fullness sensation. I don't strain anymore, but the effects of holding a hard rk for all waking hours for a day or two have brought upon this pressure feeling

Comment

In my experience you can spasm the PF with just RK's. Do some regular kegels for a while. You need regular kegels on top of RK's; just stretching a muscle can f it up.

Welcome to the jungle bro.

Comment

Yeah Jay I would do regular kegels, but I had a bad PF injury and now my floor is hypotonic becuase of it.

Thank you for the welcome! I'm a long time lurker - feels great to finally make an account

Comment

Hard flaccid? In that case I think you may still be dealing with it. Difficult to guess, but I can assume. Any other symptoms?

Comment

Working...
                              X