Any hope for nerve recovery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any hope for nerve recovery?

I am suffering from complete numbess in my penis (shaft and glans) after stretching. It has been 3 months now and there has been no improvement at all. It feels rubbery and there is no sensation at all apart from if I pinch it. I've seen a urologist who said there was no structural problems. I also saw a neurologist who performed some electrical nerve conduction tests and they all came back normal so he thinks I'm imagining it. I don't know where to look for any more help. Anything appreciated. Very desperate now.

So how is your pelvic floor ?

Comment

Hi Pegasus, I believe my pelvic floor area to be normally in good condition. After the accident I did feel a heavy aching sensation in my perineum close the the anus area where I believe the internal penis base is tethered to the muscle. I am also suffering from some sensory changes in my scrotum where there is a lack of sensitivity and the skin has become almost permanently slack and baggy.

Comment

Yeah look I suspect a pelvic floor issue well worth a check by a physio that does male pelvic floor.

Comment

I will do that, thank you it can only help. Would that have caused a sudden onset of numbness symptoms though? It happened instantly following the stretch.

Currently I'm just trying to relax (which is difficult) and take b12 and alpha lipoic acid. The neurological tests were all in the normal range and said there was no evidence of any significant damage to the dorsal nerve or pudendal nerve. That's the only positive news I have had to keep me going.

Comment

I'd follow the advice Pegasus gave.

Take a look at the HANS protocol for PF issues. One symptom mentioned is numbness: "numbness, most likely due to tension on the nerves (possibly the pudental nerve)."

https://www.pegym.com/forums/penile-...-protocol.html

I hope you feel better soon.

Comment

So if the nerve tests all came back normal you're worried about what?
              The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                So if the nerve tests all came back normal you're worried about what?
                I'm still very worried that I have no sensation anywhere on my penis after 3 months. The test report stated that the results were all in the normal range and showed that there is no significant dorsal or pudendal nerve damage but can't rule out minor small fibre damage. I will try physio and wait it out, it's pretty tough going.

Comment

Nerves are like women; they take their sweet ass time doing things. Nerves can take a year or longer to heal. Now for the worrying you're doing; ya think that helps you much?
                  The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I also had problems since last year, I was suffering from a pain in the left side of my penis, got to 8 urologists.

They all said it was anxiety, and I stopped pinching my penis every time, and it got better. Now I'm feeling normal and returned to jelqing.

But I remember it was very real, like I would wake up at night and feel my penis in pain.

maybe it's just anxiety,

Comment

Agreed, the worry and anxiety is detrimental to my recovery and general health!

Comment

Just so you know, anxiety and low libido causes less sensation in the penis as does pelvic floor tension.

Plus nerves take a long time to heal. I has gynescomastia surgery when I was 16 and my nipples were completely numb after surgery and no amount of titty twisting hurt. It took literally years for that sensation to return (I'm 25 now and they feel pretty normal though I doubt it actually too that long (maybe like 5 years?)) it is also worth mentioning that nipple nerves are somatic nerves, similar to penile nerves.

In addition, 3-6 months isn't a bad time frame for nerves, so you may just be at the beginning. I injured a nerve in my glans from jelqing and it took like 3-4 months to heal.
                        Try taking ALCAR and Alpha Lipoic Acid.
                        HansTwilight
                        Retired Moderator
                        PE Gym Editor
                        Member of the Month Jan 2017
                        PEGym Hero
                        Last edited by HansTwilight; 02-21-2021, 12:07 PM.
                        My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

Originally posted by HansTwilight View Post
                          Just so you know, anxiety and low libido causes less sensation in the penis as does pelvic floor tension.

Plus nerves take a long time to heal. I has gynescomastia surgery when I was 16 and my nipples were completely numb after surgery and no amount of titty twisting hurt. It took literally years for that sensation to return (I'm 25 now and they feel pretty normal though I doubt it actually too that long (maybe like 5 years?)) it is also worth mentioning that nipple nerves are somatic nerves, similar to penile nerves.

In addition, 3-6 months isn't a bad time frame for nerves, so you may just be at the beginning. I injured a nerve in my glans from jelqing and it took like 3-4 months to heal.
                          Try taking ALCAR and Alpha Lipoic Acid.
                          Thanks, HansTwilight, that's helpful insight from your experience. I figure it's going to be a long recovery path, any sort of recovery would be good though. I'm taking alpha lipoic acid and B12 and will also get some ALCAR as you suggest.

It's been affecting my work and sleep and have lost a lot of weight from the stress so keeping calm and patient is now my priority to help the healing.

Comment

B12 is good but B- Complex is much better due to the B6 addition (you want both plus B1 if possible.

At some point you will probably need to try to get over this and move onto normal life. This might take a long time.
                            My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

Bought some B-complex and Alcar today. Thanks for the advice on this. Going to see a new consultant neurologist too.

Comment

Working...
                              X