Magnesium for Muscle Tension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnesium for Muscle Tension

I have found that supplementing Magnesium can help with muscle tension and relaxation. It helps me stay relaxed during sex and masturbation as well, which was a huge challenge for years. I actually take 750mg of magnesium oxide, they say 500mg is a max but this is BS. Start off with 500mg and work your way up until you start getting side effects like diarrhea, upset stomach, sleepiness etc.
    Another thing worth mentioning is Proton Pump Inhibitors like Nexium.. these can really decrease magnesium levels long term so make sure you are supplementing on them as well.
    My Work

ARTICLES:

Major health benefits of magnesium:

• Energy creation: Helps convert food into energy.
    • Protein formation: Helps create new proteins from amino acids.
    • Gene maintenance: Helps create and repair DNA and RNA.
    • Muscle movements: Is part of the contraction and relaxation of muscles.
    • Nervous system regulation: Helps regulate neurotransmitters, which send messages throughout your brain and nervous syste
    Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
    12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
    12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
    01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
    01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
    01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
    Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Many men get night leg cramps all from lack of this nutrient.
      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

This is why bananas are awesome.
        Start 7.2 x 4.8 Current 8.3 x 5.4

Comment

Thanks gentlemen.
          You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

I guess you get them huh Jay? n Take the stuff and they'll be gone soon.

Comment

I have read that it is best to take magnesium before sleep, especially if you suffer from insomnia.
              Progress Log
              Start (20/06/2020):
              BPEL 5.9, EG 4.1
              Current (21/10/2020): BPEL 6.3, EG 4.5

Comment

I finally got some magnesium and potassium. The muscle tension has been torturous. Quads and hamstrings always tight, even after stretching them out they seem to seize back up quite fast, causing aches and pains throughout my legs. Not sure what in the fawk. We'll see how well the supplements help. Nerves are also screwed up, so hopefully the magnesium also helps with that too. Gotta go fishing!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay1983 View Post
                  I finally got some magnesium and potassium. The muscle tension has been torturous. Quads and hamstrings always tight, even after stretching them out they seem to seize back up quite fast, causing aches and pains throughout my legs. Not sure what in the fawk. We'll see how well the supplements help. Nerves are also screwed up, so hopefully the magnesium also helps with that too. Gotta go fishing!

Jay I'm not sure what your diet is like, but the RDA for potassium is roughly 4000 mg a day, and those over the counter potassium supps are usually 99mg. I'd count how much you're getting one day, and also you could invest in a massage gun. It's worked wonders for me.
                  Start BPEL 5.5, MSEG 4.85
                  2020 BPEL 7.25, MSEG 5.0

8x5Goalzz PE Log

Comment

Originally posted by Jay1983 View Post

Give it some time and make sure you're taking enough but not too much.

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                      Give it some time and make sure you're taking enough but not too much.
                      So I shouldn't take the whole bottle?

Comment

I seem to be feeling better.

Comment

Give it time. To help out try eating 1 banana a day ( potassium) and a big gob of peanut butter ( magnesium) . That won't be hard.

Comment

So from memory magnesium oxide is epsom salts which is cheap and easy availaible . Absorbtion is a bit meh with this and large amounts give you the runs (which can be a positive if you have constipation ). There are other forms which are better absorbed .

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                              Give it time. To help out try eating 1 banana a day ( potassium) and a big gob of peanut butter ( magnesium) . That won't be hard.
                              I would except my GI tract is still wonky. Some things I can eat some things I can't. It's getting better though.

I still wonder what happened.

Go fish!

Comment

Working...
                              X