Injury! Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury! Please help

So I've been doing that 90-day routine for about two months now but had to unexpectedly stop due to discomfort near the BC muscle (if I am correct, the muscle you can feel flex located between the penis and the anus). It wasn't something I noticed instantly after a work-out, but something I noticed when my girlfriend and I tried to have sex the next day but I just couldn't keep myself erect which is VERY odd for me. I figured maybe I just needed some rest so I waited until the next day to try it once again... still the same thing. I am on day 2 since the last time I attempted to have sex and I am afraid that I may possibly have what is known as a 'hard flaccid'? I feel a slight nagging pain located directly where the BC muscle is and it feels odd flexing it.
    I may have sustained the injury due to overstretching in an upwards direction during warmup or kegeling at too hard of an erection (70%ish).

I haven't masturbated or attempted intercourse since finding information on hard flaccids and that doing these things can potentially make these negative effects permanent. To be completely honest, I am on the edge of nervous breakdown and really need some help or insight into my problem. Even as I sit here typing this, I can feel my penis turtling and my CS more rigid than normal, as if it is a piece of tough rubber in completely flaccid state. It seems to soften if I can completely relax my PC/BC (idk) muscle that I had mentioned earlier. If I am in other positions that bring pressure off of the area located between my penis and my anus it seems to help.

Are these symptoms of what is specifically known as the 'hard flaccid', or can these also be associated with temporary injuries that heal over time?

Please can someone help me? I am looking for potential explanations of what is going on with me, possible cures that I may attempt, or any other insight that you can offer. I have a strong feeling this can make or break my relationship with my girlfriend and I am stressing out to no end.

Have you been doing kegels quite a lot and not taking any rest periods between them? Like all other muscles, you can't work them every day without fatiguing them and causing soreness and possible injuries.
    Nothing to do with hard flaccid. The erection issues can be due to your body knowing something isn't right down there and not letting you do what you want to do. Your brain knows better.

How long ago has this started and how many days are you into resting with doing nothing?

Comment

First of all, thank you so much for your quick response.

To give you a better understanding of the order of events each number is a subsequent day.

1) Did a routine exercise exactly 5 days ago in the PM. (JP-90)
      2) The next day I attempted intercourse I failed, brushing it off as not enough rest. I did not perform exercises this day.
      3) The next day I attempted intercourse again, but my EQ was very low and did not maintain itself for long at all.
      4) First day off completely.
      5) This is today, another rest day.

I had brought up hard flaccid due to the fact that it is indeed a little stiffer than usual, but I also didn't hear about anyone else having muscle discomfort as a symptom. If anything it is just my penis turtling due to the injury, I suppose?

Comment

Have you been doing kegels quite a lot and not taking any rest periods between them?

Comment

I would take a day here and there, maybe that isn't enough for my body?

Comment

For example, 3 days on 1 day off. 1 day on 1 day off. 2 days on 1 day off.

Comment

Originally posted by packin penor View Post
              So I've been doing that 90-day routine for about two months now but had to unexpectedly stop due to discomfort near the BC muscle (if I am correct, the muscle you can feel flex located between the penis and the anus). It wasn't something I noticed instantly after a work-out, but something I noticed when my girlfriend and I tried to have sex the next day but I just couldn't keep myself erect which is VERY odd for me. I figured maybe I just needed some rest so I waited until the next day to try it once again... still the same thing. I am on day 2 since the last time I attempted to have sex and I am afraid that I may possibly have what is known as a 'hard flaccid'? I feel a slight nagging pain located directly where the BC muscle is and it feels odd flexing it.
              I may have sustained the injury due to overstretching in an upwards direction during warmup or kegeling at too hard of an erection (70%ish).

I haven't masturbated or attempted intercourse since finding information on hard flaccids and that doing these things can potentially make these negative effects permanent. To be completely honest, I am on the edge of nervous breakdown and really need some help or insight into my problem. Even as I sit here typing this, I can feel my penis turtling and my CS more rigid than normal, as if it is a piece of tough rubber in completely flaccid state. It seems to soften if I can completely relax my PC/BC (idk) muscle that I had mentioned earlier. If I am in other positions that bring pressure off of the area located between my penis and my anus it seems to help.

Are these symptoms of what is specifically known as the 'hard flaccid', or can these also be associated with temporary injuries that heal over time?

Please can someone help me? I am looking for potential explanations of what is going on with me, possible cures that I may attempt, or any other insight that you can offer. I have a strong feeling this can make or break my relationship with my girlfriend and I am stressing out to no end.

Did your hard flaccid occur from SEX or PE? Any way it will lilely take longer than a few days to recover full erection. Take a couple af aspirin and a magnesium cap to help relax the BC muscle.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

I believe it occurred from the PE session but I hadn't realized any discomfort and had not attempted to have an erection until sex.

Thanks for your input king I'll definitely try those supplements.
                packin penor
                Last edited by packin penor; 05-15-2011, 11:18 PM. Reason: additions

Comment

I've recommended yoga to anyone who has pelvic floor muscle soreness. In my own experiences with it (going on three weeks of lower body stretches for 20-30 minutes a day) it has had amazing results. I've noticed that my muscles are much less tense throughout the day, for example I was previously unable to do reverse kegels while standing and I can now do them during a handstand while juggling potatoes with my nuts.

The best insight I can offer about hard flaccid and how I cured myself is that you have to remember that all of the muscles down there are interconnected in their own special way. Think of the penis as an extension of the pelvic muscles. If the pelvis is tense the penis will be too, hense the lack of circulation and the flaccid hardness.

You need to focus on improving blood circulation by constantly stretching and relaxing your muscles. There is an infinity of resources on the internet to help you treat pelvic floor tension. Over the course of 2 weeks of dedicated stretching and massaging I can practically GUARANTEE that you will see a huge improvement. If you are very unlucky and see nothing you should get a urologist to look at it because it may have to do with something else.
                  https://www.pegym.com/forums/beginne...er-warmup.html

Comment

Yeah I've actually learned a few pelvic floor muscles massages that would help relieve stress around the area and it seems to be helping. I've noticed that I am getting normal flaccids more and more frequently as time goes on. Thanks for those tips I'll look into yoga, but I've never been the flexible OR patient type so we'll see how far that goes haha.

Overall thanks for the input everyone! I'm feeling a lot less anxious about the whole situation. +rep to the three of you
                    packin penor
                    Last edited by packin penor; 05-17-2011, 10:17 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I was never flexible myself. I've always had trouble with yoga and stretching. I think this is somehow linked to my pelvic tension overall and the hard flaccid problem that developped from it.

Yoga doesn't take hours and hours. You can start with 3-4 poses (one for hamstrings, one for inner thighs and pelvis, one for lower back, and maybe one for quads) and just hold each for 1 minutes while breathing slowly. You can do the poses as many times as you want throughout the day.

Comment

Good pointers man you've convinced me to try it. I'll let you know how that goes haha

By the way, in regards to my injury I'm feeling SIGNIFICANTLY better and its only been a few days. My flaccid is completely normal (not turtling) all hours of the day. I'm going to keep off the PE for maybe a week or so just in case. Thanks for the help, I can finally breathe a sigh of relief.

Comment

Great to hear! Don't be fooled. I have been "cured" for nearly a week now but I have noticed that certain things can cause hard flaccid to flare up again.

Diet: Caffeine, dairy, soy, excess sugar all contribute to PEG2 secretion and seem to aggravate my symptoms a bit

Exercise: Depending on how my muscles are feeling that day, if I do 30 situps (for example) my hard flaccid may flare up a bit because I was clenching my pc muscles as well as abdomen

Fatigue: Not getting enough sleep prevents the body from producing enough hormones to get the body through the next day and, again, increased symptoms as anxiety and poor mood trigger symptoms

Posture: Yes, even posture affects the hard flaccid. When seated try to keep your back as straight as possible with feet flat on the floor. Do not curve your lower back as this constricts blood flow to the pelvis. Poor circulation to the pelvis and, thus, penis also aggravates symptoms.

Breathing: Try to teach yourself to breath properly. When you inhale your lower abdomen should naturally rise and fall. If it doesn't this is because you are unconsciously clenching your pelvic region. If you have a bit of a gut you cannot be afraid to let it show. Relax your stomach and let your breath fill your lungs completely.

Comment

Working...
                          X