Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is any edema at all bad or just excess amount of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is any edema at all bad or just excess amount of it?

I usually always get atleast a slight bit of edema right under my my glans from BM but its usualy gone by the time I do my routine 5-8 hrs later. Ive read edema is not good for growth so should I just decrease the amount of pressure so im not seeing any at all? Im at 5.5 NBPEL and I try to pull 150-160 in BM during a 20 min session usually towards the last 6-8 min I reach 150-160 pressure. I build my way up.

I personally didn't get edema for a long time (or at least never noticed it). But a few months ago I jelqed for 20 minutes and I had edema right under my glans on the underside and on the urethra. Now it seems to happen about 50% of the time for the urethra and 33% of the time for the underside of the glans of light to moderate edema. I have continued to make goods gains personally, but I do not think it helps growth. I do believe that you will still grow as I did even though you get some edema.

Personally I would try doing PE for less time that seems to make me either not have any edema or have very minor amounts. I try to avoid it as much as possible by watching my grip and such but my biggest problem is avoiding it in the urethra.
    Start(Jan 2011): 5.9" BPEL 5.5" MEG
    Multiple breaks!!!
    Current (Feb 2014): 7.5" BPEL 7" NBPEL 6" MEG
    Moderate Goal: 7.75" BPEL
    Long Term Goal: 8" BPEL 6.2"MEG
    Ultimate Goal (Thors Hammer): Deciding

Comment

Edema is the body's natural reaction to tissue strain. When you lift weights you create micro tears in your muscles. The body's natural reaction is to surround the tissue with some lymph fluid. There is some degree of lymph fluid after a good work-out.

If you go too far, i.e. sprain or pull a muscle, there will be significant swelling because of the lymph fluid. This is suppose to compress the injury and reduce bloodflow in the area.

For PE it is not unusual to experience slight edema after a routine. However, you need to ask yourself, "Is it more than last time? When was my last break or rest? Is my body reacting like it is a serious injury? Is this an indication I need a break?"

If you are getting more than a uniform puffiness, then you may be irritating some tissue. Does the edema return the first jelq session after a break or does it take a while?

Comment

Working...
      X