Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the consequences, if any, of on and off training?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the consequences, if any, of on and off training?

This is a question that's been bugging me ever since I've recently started doing my PE exercises again, in that I've noticed a difference from when I first began doing them about 4-5 years ago.

Previously, I felt as if my flaccid state was much more stretchy and responsive, whereas now it feels less strecthy and less responsive, so I was just wondering if members of the community who have also gone through similar cycles (of on and off training) in past also share my experiences.

Keep in mind that much of my former pe workouts never lasted more than a few weeks, even though I did feel and witness gains.

My main concern is that this reduced sense of responsiveness will in the long term slow down my progress (no this will not weaken my resolve, yes I know this is a slow and steady process), so I would just like to hear from your experiences and any insight would be much appreciated.

Peace

Could be a few things. Cooler temperatures, inconsistent warming methods or times, or even just your mind playing tricks on you.

Could also be that you are feeling the effects of conditioning kicking in. Though a good warm up should get you that "stretchy and responsive" feeling. As long as you do that, and stay dedicated, you should be fine.
    Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

I believe you might be right, as all of you suggestions seem practical. Hopefully so, because there is nothing like a good confidence boost during the initial stages of training.

Comment

Working...
      X