Question about Kegels: Leaking urine while doing the "push"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Kegels: Leaking urine while doing the "push"

I'm a 21 years old male. I've recently started doing Kegel exercises and would appreciate if someone could answer my question.

I've no issues with the "squeeze" at all, it's the "push" part that is causing me trouble. Everytime I push, I seem to either come very close to leaking the urine or actually leaking a few drops. Even if I urinate a few minutes before doing Kegels. I drink a lot of water though - at least 3 - 4 litres per day. Is that why it's happening or am I doing something wrong?

I've been doing Kegels for three days now. I do 15 repetitions (one repetition: squeeze, relax, push, relax), three times per day. I'm not yet at the point where every single repetition is perfect, but I'm getting there. It's just the push part that is bothering me, becouse I feel like I have to hold myself back while doing it, in order not to leak urine. Surely I should be able to do Kegel exercises anywhere and not just on the toilet?

Thanks!

The reverse kegel can cause leakage if your isolation is not good. Continued practise can cure this, also you could ease up on how hard you are pushing.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Pegasus.

I'm afraid that I'm not doing the "push" correctly though. I try to focus on the area around the penis and try to push the same muscle as I do, when I want to urinate quickly. When I squeeze, I can see my penis move upwards, but it doesn't move when I push. Is it supposed to?

I'm also not sure how hard to push. Hard enough to actually urinate or is that too hard? I end up having to go straight into squeeze, in order not to leak the urine, after the push. I'm not sure whether that's becouse I drink a lot of water, or my muscles are simply not trained enough yet.

Comment

Bump.

I'd appreciate if someone could answer my question above.

Also, is it a problem if I do Kegels 5 - 6 times per week, or is that too much? Some guides are suggesting them everyday, but some are saying that with doing them daily, you do more harm than good.

Comment

Rest days with kegels are a good idea, but how many is subject to discussion and involves variables such as total workload etc. Do you feel overtrained ? Or do you think leakage is caused by weakness.
          Similarly how hard to push is subject too the same considerations, as stated in post 2 I think at this point you should ease up.
          Your routine should evolve over time.

Comment

I appreciate your answers, Pegasus.

One last question. Is there any way to know that I'm doing the reverse Kegel correctly? I mean, when I squeeze, I can see my penis move, but when I push, it doesn't move. I'm trying to focus on the correct area and try to not use any other muscle (I still squeeze my stomach occasionally, but I guess that will get better over time, since I'm still a beginner), but I'm not 100% sure whether I'm "pushing" the correct muscle. I'm worried that I'm not doing the reverse Kegel, which wouldn't be good, I guess.

For the squeeze, I do the same thing as if I wanted to stop my urine flow and for the reverse Kegel, I try to do the opposite. Same thing as I would do, if I tried to urinate faster. But still, squeeze is much easier in my opinion and that's why I'm worried, that I'm not doing the reverse Kegel correctly.

I apologise for being such a newbie.
            Flordays
            Last edited by Flordays; 12-25-2013, 02:56 PM.

Comment

You say you urinate a few minutes before doing kegels.
              One of the functions of the Bulbospongiosus muscle is to empty the urethra after urination.
              You may be flexing that muscle, causing the emptying of residual urine the urethra.

You might want to check for urinary continence with a doctor.
              INS
              Last edited by INS; 12-26-2013, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Many find the rk difficult at first, so far as I can tell from here you are doing it correct.
                I agree with INS that if you have ongoing issues a doc check may be warranted.

Comment

Can Kegels be done while errect or is there any benefit to doing them while flaccid? I find them easier to do while errect, but I'm not sure which is better.

Comment

Same question than Flordays, is the penis supposed to move while doing reverse kegels?

Comment

You might have the same condition as me where there is a a bit of a kink somewhere along the urethra. This means that after you urinate there is still a bit of pee sitting in the tubes. After you pee, cup yourself beneath your testicles and lift your genitals up slightly. If an extra bit of pee shoots out then this is the problem. It's not a big deal but you have to do it (the lift) each time you urinate.
                      The Newt's Progress

Comment

Kegels can be done erect or flacid .
                        Yor penis can move from rk but don't be stressed if it doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                        X