Edema, a good or bad thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edema, a good or bad thing?

I love doing UV's because they simply allow a substantially greater amount of blood and other fluids to be pushed up my shaft as I jelq compared to doing the traditional V. Greater fluid flow up your shaft means greater expansion both throughout your shaft and into your glans. I am from the college of More is Better University. My UV sessions involve 150 or so 9 second jelqs and takes right around 30 minutes. My best sessions where I am able to keep my erection level at right around 50% or so result in a post shaft size that is tremendously larger. However, with that great expansion I will also have a good amount of edema buildup just below my glans on the underside of my shaft. Some people feel that edema is a bad or negative sign. I strongly disagree. That edema is there because I have pushed so much blood/fluid up my shaft that it is unable to eliminate it immediately afterward. Within a few hours it will be nearly gone, but is quite pronounced immediately after my session. I am a seasoned PE'er with many hours and jelqs under my belt (no pun intended). A newer member would probably be wise to not use that kind of force while jelqing.

How do the rest of you feel in regards to edema being a positive or negative indicator?
    FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
    The Ultimate V (The UV)
    Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
    Heated Bundled LAS
    Ultimate Warmup Exercise

I would only see this as a bad thing if your PIs for the 24 hours after your session are negative. If all your PIs remain positive for 24 hours after your last session, then IMO it can only be seen as positive.
    For me personally, my best indicators are morning wood and flaccid hang throughout the day. If I wake up with wood so hard it aches a little and my flaccid hangs thick and heavy throughout the rest of the day, I know my training is right where it needs to be.
    Aug 2012: BPEL: 6.25", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5.25"
    Jan 2016: BPEL: 6.75", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5 3/8"
    4/16/16 BPEL: 7.0", BPSF: 7 7/16"", MEG:5.5

Comment

Edema shouldn't be sought out- especially from manual training. Some pumpers are able to adapt themselves to inducing edema with (usually) no lasting negative effects, but the mechanisms behind pumping are quite different from manual work.
      Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
        Edema shouldn't be sought out- especially from manual training. Some pumpers are able to adapt themselves to inducing edema with (usually) no lasting negative effects, but the mechanisms behind pumping are quite different from manual work.
        Al, my best sessions do result in a edema buildup. My session today was perhaps the largest one I have had which is why I posted. Within a few hours it is almost completely gone (though it has been about six hours now and there is still some buildup from todays). I should add that while my edema is lasting longer than normal, my shaft itself is still more engorged and fuller even after six hours. I have no bruising or any discomfort at all. Why do you feel it is a bad thing? I am asking because I don't know if it is or not. I jelqed an awful lot of fluid up my shaft which is exactly what jelqing is supposed to do. If I eased back a little I probably wouldn't have gotten the edema, but then that would mean I didn't push as much fluid up my shaft. I am certainly not suggesting that a newbie try getting it, but for someone like myself who is only jelqing perhaps twice a week at this stage of my PE career, is it such a bad thing?
        rbi99
        Retired Moderator
        Member of the Month Nov 2017
        PEGym Hero
        Last edited by rbi99; 06-13-2016, 03:18 PM.
        FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
        The Ultimate V (The UV)
        Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
        Heated Bundled LAS
        Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

My theory is.. When you have reached a time where your blood fills out your penis to the maximal genetic size given, you will start to get fluids above your tunica & under the skin. As the expansion in the penis gets stronger since it's already filled to your maximum capacity. Your Tunica can't take all the pressure and fluids enter beneath the skin instead like remains.

This probably happens as a self defense mechanism, so the tunica doesn't rupture.

I think i have currently reached this state, and i need more experience to confirm if you can gain any more real size increasements after this other than fluid build up under the skin.
          Starting Stats (2015-02-02): BPEL: 5.1 / MEG: 4 / BEG: 4.3

Current Stats (2017-01-02):
          BPEL: 6.6 / MEG: 4.9 / BEG: 5.5

Comment

Originally posted by habban View Post
            My theory is.. When you have reached a time where your blood fills out your penis to the maximal genetic size given, you will start to get fluids above your tunica & under the skin. As the expansion in the penis gets stronger since it's already filled to your maximum capacity. Your Tunica can't take all the pressure and fluids enter beneath the skin instead like remains.

This probably happens as a self defense mechanism, so the tunica doesn't rupture.

I think i have currently reached this state, and i need more experience to confirm if you can gain any more real size increasements after this other than fluid build up under the skin.
            I think you can. I don't see fluid buildup as a positive or negative, I just see it as a side effect. As Big Al said, it shouldn't be sought out, if anything, it should be avoided just to take care of the skin and the lymphatic system. After years of training, I buildup fluid very easy while pumping. Not so much with manual exercising. While pumping, lately Ive been wrapping my penis around the area that swells the most, then putting two regular size condoms for tightness, then lube, and into the tube.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackxxx View Post
              I think you can. I don't see fluid buildup as a positive or negative, I just see it as a side effect. As Big Al said, it shouldn't be sought out, if anything, it should be avoided just to take care of the skin and the lymphatic system. After years of training, I buildup fluid very easy while pumping. Not so much with manual exercising. While pumping, lately Ive been wrapping my penis around the area that swells the most, then putting two regular size condoms for tightness, then lube, and into the tube.
              It's stated that if you have Lymhpedema you are more prone to infections on the affected area. Which seems logical since the "blood" and the fluids is not hidden under the tunica anymore, they are instead on the surface of the tunica beneath the skin, it's easier to access it. This means that infections can happen easily, which is not good or healthy?

Lymphedema has 3 stages. At first it is reversible, secondly it will be harder for it or it will take longer times to make it reversible and at this stage the skin also gets a little bit harder, thirdly the skin is very hard and the lymphedema is permanent!

If this is the way we grow our penis by further expanding our penis when it has reached it's maximal genetic size, i really have to read up on this and see if it actually is worth it or not.

In other words, no Lymphedema is not healthy or something to aim for. When you train, try to aim for the moment right before you get fluid build ups. Your penis doesn't need long sessions of bathmate pumping or manual work either. You should do just enough for your tunica to get a little bit of pressure, not enough until you get fluid retention and beyond. As your penis is already maxed out kinda, you don't need to do very long sessions, short sessions enough to not give you Lymphedema is enough, but yes it will still take a longer time to achieve gains, but there is nothing you can do about it, doing longer and heavier session is not gonna solve the problem. As now you are trying to train your penis to get bigger above it's genetic maximal size given. This can be achieved by achieve a 105+% erection and hold it there. But if you start to get Lymphedema/Fluid build up, your session should end straight away, and your part is done

This is my theory at least.
              habban
              Last edited by habban; 06-14-2016, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rbi99 View Post
                Al, my best sessions do result in a edema buildup. My session today was perhaps the largest one I have had which is why I posted. Within a few hours it is almost completely gone (though it has been about six hours now and there is still some buildup from todays). I should add that while my edema is lasting longer than normal, my shaft itself is still more engorged and fuller even after six hours. I have no bruising or any discomfort at all. Why do you feel it is a bad thing? I am asking because I don't know if it is or not. I jelqed an awful lot of fluid up my shaft which is exactly what jelqing is supposed to do. If I eased back a little I probably wouldn't have gotten the edema, but then that would mean I didn't push as much fluid up my shaft. I am certainly not suggesting that a newbie try getting it, but for someone like myself who is only jelqing perhaps twice a week at this stage of my PE career, is it such a bad thing?
                In most cases even extensive jelqing doesn't produce any notable edema. This is the case even for advanced trainees. I can probably count on one hand the number of trainees I've worked with who've experienced any notable edematous swelling from jelqing- and with a few exceptions it was a negative experience.

Notice in the previous post where the exception is mentioned. Even though the post referenced pumping, someone with a very high level of self awareness about their training might be able to get away with inducing certain states that the average trainee couldn't (or shouldn't).

Once you get to a very high level of training you become aware of your own abilities and peculiarities. Training then takes on an almost instinctive quality. VERY FEW male enhancement trainees really get to that point- even on a forum like this.

You've been training for a good while, so you should be at that particular stage

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

My opinion is based on my pumping experience. I have been pumping for over six years. I normally pump daily for 20 minutes at 5 hg. After these sessions, my dick remains "swollen" with edema for one to two hours. I also pump once or twice a week for 45 minutes at 4 hg which results in more edema, forming a small "doughnut" on the underside below the glans.

I feel some edema, not excessive edema, has had a positive effect on my increased girth. My thinking is the edema expands the individual cell walls which over time increases the size of the skin surronding the tunica allowing it to expand further than its normal size which over time increases the size of the tunica.
                  Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
                  12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
                  12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
                  01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
                  01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
                  01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
                  Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Edematious swelling via pumping is one thing; via jelqing, another.

Comment

I am better off if I only allow minimal edema when pumping, and to not have that occur regularly.
                      Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
                      Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                        Edematious swelling via pumping is one thing; via jelqing, another.
                        Do you mind explain the difference there?

Comment

Originally posted by not2big View Post
                          My opinion is based on my pumping experience. I have been pumping for over six years. I normally pump daily for 20 minutes at 5 hg. After these sessions, my dick remains "swollen" with edema for one to two hours. I also pump once or twice a week for 45 minutes at 4 hg which results in more edema, forming a small "doughnut" on the underside below the glans.

I feel some edema, not excessive edema, has had a positive effect on my increased girth. My thinking is the edema expands the individual cell walls which over time increases the size of the skin surronding the tunica allowing it to expand further than its normal size which over time increases the size of the tunica.
                          I just have to say that i don't share your opinion, but yes you have more experience, but as you said yourself.. Your experience is based on daily pumping of 20 minutes. 20 minutes is too much in my opinion, it will inflacte edema.

If you instead do super set with short bursts of pumping, like 3-5minutes and rest and do something that counters edema between the sets, is the best way to expand your tunica and counter as much edema as possible. It maybe seems that pumping more is better, but i think pumping like this is much better. But some people is looking for fluid retentions, then i would advice them to do longer sessions.

Comment

Do you mind explain the difference there?
                            I did here: https://www.pegym.com/forums/penis-e...ml#post1234972

In summary, you can't compare one mechanism to the other. With pumping, one can train themselves to induce extreme levels of edema- usually with little to no negative effects. The pumping itself fosters this condition.

Attempting to force edema through jelqing can have serious consequences. Those who are able to do so tolerably are not the norm- and even in their cases it doesn't produce nearly the effect that even a moderate (but advanced) pumping session can induce.

Comment

I just have to say that i don't share your opinion, but yes you have more experience, but as you said yourself.. Your experience is based on daily pumping of 20 minutes. 20 minutes is too much in my opinion, it will inflacte edema.

If you instead do super set with short bursts of pumping, like 3-5minutes and rest and do something that counters edema between the sets, is the best way to expand your tunica and counter as much edema as possible. It maybe seems that pumping more is better, but i think pumping like this is much better. But some people is looking for fluid retentions, then i would advice them to do longer sessions.
                              There is a difference between inducing fluid retention and stretching tissues. Pumping is excellent for the former. That doesn't mean that pumping isn't effective at stretching tissues as well, though- but your assessment on the differences in quality between workouts designed to do one or the other appear correct

Comment

Working...
                              X