Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PF dysfunction and Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome, Mental or Physical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PF dysfunction and Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome, Mental or Physical?

EDIT (11/3/2017):
    I have decided to edit and omit sections in this thread to make it predominately about my thoughts on PF dysfunction and chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS) and not hard flaccid as most of the info here only really relates to PF issues.

So, when breaking down PF dysfunctions and CPPS there are two main elements to it:

Physical

Mental

Physical:
    The individual may have tension in the rectum and painful sitting. They may also experience pelvic pain and numbness in their genitals. When the sufferer relaxes, their pain is alleviated. Another method to alleviate some symptoms is to take hot showers or warm sitz baths. Now, their is one key term here, relaxation.
    Relaxation causes the tense muscles to quit contracting, and the pain and other symptoms are alleviated. HIndi squats and tennis ball massage stretch the muscles while diaphragmatic breathing and reverse kegeling train the muscles to relax.
    Once these muscles become relaxed they will usually provide long term relief, becasue the actual PF floor has been re-balanced.
    This is because the actual, inanimate pelvic floor has been retrained, but their is something more to this than just the physical, there is the mental aspect.
    In my opinion, the physical part is only the tip of the iceberg.

Mental:
    The mental part of this is the vast majority of PF dysfunction/CPPS cases. The problem is that the brain can use the PF as a way to hold tension that has been initiated through psychological stressors. Another thing is that the brain can think it's in pain and if the believe is so hardly driven then it will create pain on it's own. A lot of this pain comes and goes. This happens subconsciously, and it's the reason people are so unaware of what is causing their problems. Hindis don't cure this. Total alleviation of stress and/or a retraining of the brain is required. One has to retrain the brain to not hold stress in the PF.
    I believe that the mental aspect of the condition mimics some of the symptoms of the physical. The tense rectum, some small amounts of pelvic pain, hard flaccid, painful urination, and acheing testicles are symptoms that can be mental or physical or both. I also believe one can cure the physical-driven symptoms but still suffer from mental distress which consequently causes the symptoms to reoccur.
    Unless one can reduce the stress in their life or just simply stop obsessing over their symptoms, they would need to retrain their body to handle stress differently. This can be done through stress management counseling, sex therapy, meditation, and relaxation techniques.

I was able to reduce stress in my life to the extent that my symptoms went away, when I feel some small bits of pain in my thighs, crotch, or genitals, I don't freak out anymore, I diffuse it, I tell myself to stop thinking about it because it doesn't exist, it's all in my head. What happens next? I stop feeling pain, I forget about it and move on with my day and I am fine.
    The biggest thing I can say is this. If the pain is coming and going so much, how is there something physically wrong with you?
    If you still need help, feel free PM me,
    Hans

Helpful Links:
    The Perils of Self Diagnosis

The HANS Protocol

The Necessities of “Pelvic Floor Health Awareness”

The Dangers of Excessive Kegeling

HansTwilight
    Retired Moderator
    PE Gym Editor
    Member of the Month Jan 2017
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by HansTwilight; 01-12-2020, 04:02 PM.
    My Work

ARTICLES:

Originally posted by HansTwilight View Post
    Having cured hard flaccid and suffering with PF issues for over a year, I have finally found total relief. I am cured of the condition and I am going to give my thoughts on it.

Chronic Hard flaccid is caused by both anxiety and PF tension which causes a restriction of bloodflow to the penis. As one should already know, hard flaccid is something every man gets when lifting weights or exercising or when their body goes into a flight or fight response (anxiety, nervousness etc). When the sufferer goes back to doing normal things/ has a normal mindset, the hard flaccid subsides. The problem lies when the individal's penis stays in that hard flaccid state.

So, when breaking down hard flaccid there are two main elements to it:

Physical

Mental

Physical:
    The physical aspects of hardflaccid is the PF tension. The individual may have tension in the rectum and painful sitting. They may also experience pelvic pain and numbness in their genitals. When the sufferer relaxes, their pain is alleviated. Another method to alleviate some symptoms is to take hot showers or warm sitz baths. Now, their is one key term here, relaxation.
    Relaxation causes the tense muscles to quit contracting, and the pain and other symptoms are alleviated. HIndi squats and tennis ball massage with lengthen the muscles while diaphragmatic breathing and reverse kegeling train the muscles to relax.
    Once these muscles become relaxed they will usually provide long term relief, becasue the actual PF floor has been re-balanced.
    This is because the actual, inanimate pelvic floor has been retrained, but their is something more to this than just the physical, there is the mental aspect.
    In my opinion, the mental part is only the tip of the iceberg.

Mental:
    The mental part of this is the vast majority of hard flaccid/PF dysfunction cases. The problem is that the brain can use the PF as a way to hold tension that has been initiated through psychological stressors. ANother thing is that the brain can think it's in pain and if the believe is so hardly driven then it will create pain on it's own. A lot of this pain comes and goes. This happens subconsciously, and it's the reason people are so unaware of what is causing their problems. Hindis don't cure this. Total alleviation of stress and/or a retraining of the brain is required. One has to retrain the brain to not hold stress in the PF.
    I believe that the mental aspect of the condition mimics some of the symptoms of the physical. The tense rectum, some small amounts of pelvic pain, hard flaccid, painful urination, and acheing testicles are symptoms that can be mental or physical or both. I also believe one can cure the physical-driven symptoms but still suffer from mental distress which consequently causes the symptoms to reoccur.
    Unless one can reduce the stress in their life or just simply stop obsessing over their symptoms, they would need to retrain their body to handle stress differently. This can be done through stress management counseling, sex therapy, meditation, and relaxation techniques.

I was able to reduce stress in my life to the extent that my symptoms went away, when I feel some small bits of pain in my thighs, crotch, or genitals, I don't freak out anymore, I diffuse it, I tell myself to stop thinking about it because it doesn't exist, it's all in my head. What happens next? I stop feeling pain, I forget about it and move on with my day and I am fine.
    The biggest thing I can say is this. If the pain is coming and going so much, how is there something physically wrong with you?
    If you still need help, PM me,
    Hans

The mental aspect is the toughest, if it is true that it is infact mental. I've dealing with a pe injury for 7days so far, and I thought I was relaxed, yet when I had my pulse taken, it was well over 100 (I didn't know my pulse was being taken and I wasn't actively or conciously anxious or thinking about the problem)

As for me. My penis post injury, seems to have a pretty big and squishy flaccid. My flaccid is normally 3inches, but after injury turtled to 0.5inches with pencil girth, and a few days later my flaccid has been 4 or 5 inches, but so far I haven't been able to get erect to my normal 7×5.8inches, at best it goes 6x5inch

Before this my pelvic floor was so tight I could barely pee or fart, but now I can pee with ease and poo easily enough. My perineum doesn't feel taught/firm anymore though, it feels soft and squishy and flat. I can't feel my prostate externally either. What do you make of this Hans?

Comment

Anxiety does not give me HF, and I get high bouts of anxiety at times. If anything, the anxiety just makes me turtle. I believe HF comes from an overworked PF.. if I overwork any muscle contraction wise in my body that muscle will tense up and get hard. What eases the tension? Sure not contracting it more.

Under and in !!!
      You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

Not everyone is aware of their "anxiety". If you notice, I was saying "distress". Distress can apply to anyone and it can wax and wane in different circumstances. If you truly believe you have "hard flaccid", you will have it. If you notice, most of the people on here are entirely unaware of their own worries and the non-paranoid members can clearly see it.
        I am also not speaking entirely for all people with hard flaccid, some people just have PF tension. All I know is what I experienced. I had the same shit that people talked about on here, and I overcame it. This is all just my 2 cents, as is everyone else's advice on here about penis enlargement. Some people stand behind high intensity low volume, others vice versa. I stand behind head issues being the vast majority of these issues. If someone has tried my advice, read through my literature and done all they can, so be it.
        HansTwilight
        Retired Moderator
        PE Gym Editor
        PEGym Hero
        Last edited by HansTwilight; 04-12-2017, 08:30 PM.
        My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

You might add the url of this thread into your signature. That might help.
          Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
          Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

You are greatly appreciated bro. But this is the scariest situation a male can face.
            HansTwilight
            Retired Moderator
            PE Gym Editor
            PEGym Hero
            Last edited by HansTwilight; 11-08-2018, 11:07 PM.

Comment

I will give your protocol a try, because my entire body is tight, thanks for your contributions.

Comment

Emotional encumbrances will affect an erection. If one goes from being carefree and allowing nature to take its course to concern, it's going to have an effect- usually in proportion to the degree of concern.
                Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Jay1983 View Post
                  Anxiety does not give me HF, and I get high bouts of anxiety at times. If anything, the anxiety just makes me turtle. I believe HF comes from an overworked PF.. if I overwork any muscle contraction wise in my body that muscle will tense up and get hard. What eases the tension? Sure not contracting it more.

Under and in !!!
                  I hold tension in my shoulders so might you . Some hold their tension in the pelvic floor. An overworked muscle can spasm , a tense muscle is easier to overwork so that is part of the puzzle .
                  The things that relax a tense shoulder muscle are similar to the pelvic floor muscle so massage ,stretching and mental attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangler View Post
                    You might add the url of this thread into your signature. That might help.
                    No more room.
                    My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

Add the link inside your existing work which has helped many.

Comment

How about setting up the sig something like this so you get plenty of space:

The HANS Protocol My Log Hard Flaccid Mental-Physical
                        Big Al
                        Administrator
                        PEGym Editor
                        Male Enhancement Coach Rep.
                        PEGym Hero
                        Last edited by Big Al; 04-13-2017, 08:19 PM.

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                          How about setting up the sig like this so you get plenty of space:

The HANS Protocol / My Log / Hard Flaccid Mental-Physical / Hard Flaccid and PF dysfunction, Mental or Physical?
                          I meant room as in the 300 something limit, but yours seems to work, thanks.
                          I tried doing my signature so many ways and it wouldn't work.
                          My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

Originally posted by HansTwilight View Post
                            I meant room as in the 300 something limit, but yours seems to work, thanks.
                            I tried doing my signature so many ways and it wouldn't work.
                            Just changed it again as you can see but please feel free to have fun with it

Comment

Tinyurl.com is a great hack for signatures around here.
                              You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

Working...
                              X