pulsing/beating hard vein/cord like structure when i have an erection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulsing/beating hard vein/cord like structure when i have an erection

thread title. it showed up on the 12th of august and hasn't really improved at all. i had another vein to the right of it show up but it just seemed a little inflamed and now its going down quite nicely. the one on the left runs from the base of the shaft and travels along the dorsal section of my penis and stops a little bit before the head/glans area. it ONLY appears when im semi or fully erect. its a hard cord like structure and if i press my finger on it i can definitely feel a pulse. now before someone tells me its an artery im going to tell you that it most certainly isn't. this thing is underneath my skin but also well outside the structure of the penis. all penile arteries deep within the structure and are essentially undetectable with your sense of touch (finger/hand etc).

so after so many weeks i wouldve expected this thing to go down, what should i do? i showed a urologist my penis and he said its phlebitis (inflammation) and will resolve on its own eventually and he didnt believe it was a clot because there was no pain or redness. if theres a pulse that might indicate its not clotted though, right? im really not sure. i can get erections just fine without any discomfort but i just worry about this thing a lot sometimes. what if it get bruised/damaged during sex? come on, i cant believe i gave this guy 200 dollars just for him to send me home and to wait it out without any treatment.

edit: wanted to add that the doctor didnt actually see my hard cord like structure, he just went by a diagram i drew and my verbal description. he only saw my penis flaccid and the other bulging dorsal vein mysterious vanished when i presented my penis to him (it definitely returned and stuck around later though) and this guy compared these veins to the ones one my hand...as in they respond to temperature...come on, sounds a bit ignorant right? these things definitely weren't there before, never in my life have i had this. iam glad the right side one is going down and vanishing more frequently but the one on my left side that shows up during erections is definitely more concerning because it pulsates and is somewhat hard/palpable.
    shlong_master123
    Last edited by shlong_master123; 10-12-2017, 04:33 AM.

Phlebitis has to do typically with veins.
    Also your doctor should have told you that veins don’t pulse.
    You may have a thrombosed dorsal vein that becomes prominent when you’re erect. The pulse you feel might be a transmitted pulse from an underlying artery.
    I don’t think you have to be concerned.
    Did this come from clamping or from manual squeezes or pumping?
    This may also just be a very prominent dorsal vein from your PE work. My veins are huge from all my PE work. They look great and my wife loves them.
    Start BPEL 4.9 MSEG 4.7
    Current ​BPEL 7 MSEG 5.87
    Goal 8x6
    Getinbig's progress log
    Getinbig DP4000 Progress Log

Comment

i asked him out right do veins pulse sometimes and he said yes. i looked online and its not impossible for them to pulse. its definitely the vein itself pulsating because ive seen it a few times doing it (no touch, just my eye sight).

"You may have a thrombosed dorsal vein that becomes prominent when you’re erect. "

thats what i thought originally but it seems to vanish in my flaccid state.

"
      The pulse you feel might be a transmitted pulse from an underlying artery."

also occurred to me but read above - theres been one or two times where i can actually SEE the vein itself pulsating.

"I don’t think you have to be concerned."

idk man it surely wouldve settled down by now. when it comes to dorsal vein thrombosis it should take no more than 8-12 weeks to heal, right? i did read most clots take 6 months though so i dont see why a penis vein should be an exception.

i do no PE work though, never have. it appeared mysteriously after a wet dream and the day after i had a full bladder (max capacity, it was painful).

Comment

ultimately i just dont want this thing to rupture or get bruised/hurt during sex and i worry it'll clot or clot more in the future...id really, really like to avoid a vein litigation...i know superficial dorsal veins dont affect erections but this is still my unit were talking about her, id like it to be in healthy condition. im only 25 years old and just got my second ever gf, im too young to be worrying about my penis, i want to relax and enjoy life like i used to but i cant with all this uncertainty...shame that this 200 dollar urologist did NOTHING for me and just told me it'll go away on its own and sent me home with nothing. he just tells me its phelbitis and its normal blah blah and sometimes veins do have a pulse...god damn it.

Comment

If it's not red or inflamed...and hasn't ever been...it's not a thrombosed vein. That would also feel like a hard pencil like structure whether you were soft or erect.
          The fact that you can see the pulsations when you're erect makes sense because the shaft is engorged with blood. You just have a very strong arterial pulse that is being transmitted to the surface that manifests itself in the pseudo-pulsation of the dorsal vein. So the dorsal vein is moving, but it's moving/"pulsing" because the artery deep to it is pulsing. That's what's going on. Don't worry about it.
          Thank God you're young and healthy...with good pulses and a great blood supply to that shlong of yours.
          Start BPEL 4.9 MSEG 4.7
          Goal 8x6
          Getinbig's progress log

Comment

haha thanks man. this was a great post to wake up to honestly, its been a hard year for me. im glad that eliminates a lot of bad scenarios that have been running through my head. thank you for your thoughtful post.

Comment

Originally posted by shlong_master123 View Post
              haha thanks man. this was a great post to wake up to honestly, its been a hard year for me. im glad that eliminates a lot of bad scenarios that have been running through my head. thank you for your thoughtful post.
              No problem. Glad I could help set your mind at ease...
              Now enjoy your youth and this new day. Every day is a gift from God.
              Start BPEL 4.9 MSEG 4.7
              Goal 8x6
              Getinbig's progress log

Comment

Okay so about a week or two ago the one that shows up even while flaccid started going down more and more to the point it'd vanish sometimes and where i couldnt really feel it (but still see it) now its almost completely gone and even the hard thin cord one has almost completely vanished O.o ...i guess my urologist was right after all, just sightly inflamed veins that would go down eventually. took about 8-12 weeks though.

Comment

Okay so about a week or two ago the one that shows up even while flaccid started going down more and more to the point it'd vanish sometimes and where i couldnt really feel it (but still see it) now its almost completely gone and even the hard thin cord one has almost completely vanished O.o ...i guess my urologist was right after all, just sightly inflamed veins that would go down eventually. took about 8-12 weeks though.
                  Glad to hear your feeling better and that the situation has improved. Usually with time these issues just clear up, usually in about 8 weeks.
                  Start BPEL 4.9 MSEG 4.7
                  Goal 8x6
                  Getinbig's progress log

Comment

lucky too cus im meeting a girl overseas lol. wish me luck.

Comment

lucky too cus im meeting a girl overseas lol. wish me luck.
                      Make sure you treat her like a lady...we need to get back to that. Women are special...and the right woman is a priceless gift...
                      Start BPEL 4.9 MSEG 4.7
                      Goal 8x6
                      Getinbig's progress log

Comment

shes very special to me, no doubts there.

Comment

Working...
                        X