Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long time Hard Flaccid/Pelvic floor issues - looking for advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time Hard Flaccid/Pelvic floor issues - looking for advice!

Hey guys,

I've read alot of posts over the years on this site, it's been really helpful. However, I've had these symptoms now for almost 10 years, and I seem to have hit a wall. Any advice would be great!

In a nutshell, symptoms are:
    -General hard flaccid, improves when laying down/warm
    -Soreness/tension in perenium and right side of shaft
    -Some hourglassing, especially after urination
    -Mild urinary issues (can't empty bladder fully)

I can get an erection with no issue, really, unless I'm really sore. I have a pattern, where, I ejaculate, then next day, it feels OK. Day 2, it's at it's worst. Day 3, it's slightly improved. Day 4, I get some tension in pelvic floor, and if I ejaculate again, it's back to a slight improvement, and the cycle starts again.
    I get erections at night, generally no pain.
    I've tried:
    -RK's as well as kegels (mostly RK's). It sometimes makes it worse?
    -Yoga (butterfly and happy baby poses). Generally makes it worse as well for a few days.
    -Heat
    -Pelvic physio off and on for a few year. I went religiously for months, internal trigger point plus biofeedback etc. Did help a tiny bit.. never really helped, especially immediately after.
    -I take Omega 3s. Sometimes naproxen helps (muscle tension?)
    -I've tried Alpha blockers, Pentox, amytryptaline, and L-Arginine, you name it. None of these helped, except temporarily perhaps.

So, I'm living with it. It wouldn't be so bad, I can get hard, but I want to try to improve, even a bit. I'm concerned, mainly because I know it's pelvic floor, but RKs/stretching/yoga just causes flare ups. Not sure what to try as it seems to backfire. Also, I'm in discomfort alot, though over the years, it's gotten SLOWLY better. I'm over 40, single again, don't really want to date in this state if I can help it.

Otherwise, I'm pretty healthy, not overweight, diet is OK (no fast food/fried stuff etc)

Where should I start? Thanks all!

With HF the mental side is strong if you don't deal with that the rest is unlikely to work.

Comment

Yep, I totally agree with this. I can be anxious in general, and it does amplify it. Also, later in the day, it improves. Not sure if I should try any anti-anxiety meds etc. I don't have any severe problems with it.

What do you suggest to get my mind... balanced/less stressed. Sleeping/watching movies etc. works, but I don't want to get too lazy LOL.

Comment

What have you tried so far to heal it?. I had the same thing as you. Trigger points streaching and exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor can really help. Also do you have pain in the tailbone?.
        https://www.pegym.com/forums/erectil...rspective.html Hard flaccid and why you have it. Recovered.

Link to off site location removed.

Comment

Originally posted by PubLunch View Post
          Yep, I totally agree with this. I can be anxious in general, and it does amplify it. Also, later in the day, it improves. Not sure if I should try any anti-anxiety meds etc. I don't have any severe problems with it.

What do you suggest to get my mind... balanced/less stressed. Sleeping/watching movies etc. works, but I don't want to get too lazy LOL.
          As stated in the title, you need to get the PF issues resolved. Try finding a pelvic floor physio in your area. That can also help with the mental component. Head issues are easy to fix, but the sufferer has to genuinely be willing to come to terms with actually fixing them. You need two things:
          1) self awareness
          2)growth mentality

You Acquire those via neuroplasticy and that should help a lot. Just trying to let the situation go is also helpful. Hard flaccid is not a disease in and of itself, it is a symptom and is curable with the right treatment.
          My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Greg123, I don't really have pain in tailbone, mainly just sore perineum at times. I've tried stretching, RK's. The stretching seemed to make things worse, mainly.
            I have gone to a couple of different Pelvic Floor Physios in the past... however, I'm a bit better now, so I should give it another shot, maybe I'll be more receptive to it. This is alot of stuff I'd like to try, yoga, more internal work by a physio, and some other gentle stretching, maybe.

Have you guys tried the Therawand?

Comment

So far I've had hf for about 2 months or so. I figured out that the cause was anterior pelvic tilt. I did a lot of pelvic stretches and ab workouts because my abs were very weak compared to my back, specifically my lower back. I also took ibuprofen as I heard it helps with hf and to help with my back pain. Over the past 1-2 weeks I've noticed that my hf is almost completely gone, and I'm hanging like I used to. I think a combination of stretching, ab workouts and a little ibuprofen is why. Also I've only masturbated twice in the past 2 weeks so thats helped to.

Comment

Originally posted by HansTwilight View Post
                As stated in the title, you need to get the PF issues resolved. Try finding a pelvic floor physio in your area. That can also help with the mental component. Head issues are easy to fix, but the sufferer has to genuinely be willing to come to terms with actually fixing them. You need two things:
                1) self awareness
                2)growth mentality

You Acquire those via neuroplasticy and that should help a lot. Just trying to let the situation go is also helpful. Hard flaccid is not a disease in and of itself, it is a symptom and is curable with the right treatment.
                Monsieur Twilight,

Thanks for all your contributions and research into HF.

Here you say that HF is a symptom of something else. Would that something else generally be a pelvic floor dysfunction, or would it perhaps be something unknown?

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
                  Monsieur Twilight,

Thanks for all your contributions and research into HF.

Here you say that HF is a symptom of something else. Would that something else generally be a pelvic floor dysfunction, or would it perhaps be something unknown?
                  Stimulant use, overtraining on PE exercises, severe anxiety. Most people with hard flaccid can still get erections, which makes little sense to me. Real hard flaccid = impotence.
                  My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

Originally posted by HansTwilight View Post
                    Stimulant use, overtraining on PE exercises, severe anxiety. Most people with hard flaccid can still get erections, which makes little sense to me. Real hard flaccid = impotence.
                    I would not say impotence. Many report getting erect but it's more the visual and physical manifestations of hard flaccid that irritate them.

Comment

The I would say it;s more of a mental issue than a physical issue. If deep down you truly believe your penis is shriveled and lifeless, it will be. It's the subconscious belief that can turn into a reality. Your mind is very powerful. Anyone can tell you this.
                      My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

Working...
                      X