Frenulum injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frenulum injury

UPDATE: I've found my solution for torn frenulum 100% and I hope it can help others. Read through this thread to get an idea of my injury and the other things I've done besides what Im about to tell you. The other things like my toilet paper trick are valuable for intermediate healing to make it to the next step but wont pull you through on their own. Once a frenulum is torn it will never be the same again, but if you maintain it a little after doing what I'm about to suggest you will never know you had a problem.

After you've torn your frenulum pull the skin forward over the toilet paper as described below with some antibacterial ointment. Keep this up for at least a week until you no longer see bleeding and you can see a little skin formed over the tear. Then buy yourself some sports tape meant for application to skin, it must be breathable, and please avoid plastic tapes as they can have some nasty chemicals in the adhesive. wrap one layer slightly below mid shaft, then pull the skin above that wrap down, roughly half way over the tape. Take another piece of the tape and wrap over the first layer and the skin you just pulled back. This will hold the skin back and leave the glans exposed and allow the frenulum to continue healing in its erect position. This is crucial to promoting tissue growth without allowing notching to occur. A notch in the frenulum will rip again with the slightest agitation and may continue to be raw. Heres an illustration to show how the taping should look http://www.circlist.com/preferences/...s/feelcut1.jpg

After a week I started noticing big improvements in my frenulum. BE SURE not to wrap the tape too tight or to pull the skin too far back because if you do that you will just rip you frenulum again. You can sleep with it taped like this but in the morning when you get your erection if the skin is taped too far back its possible the erection will pull any healing progress you've made loose. Test the wrap by slowly getting an erection to make sure it isn't too tight.

This may belong in the foreskin restoration thread but anyway,

A while back I tore my frenulum. It was very minor in the beginning and still it is mostly attached but its gone through a process of healing and re-tearing.

I believe i did it one day while hanging. I didnt notice it until after the hang, maybe it was just too much pull but it may have also brushed against something while it was numb and tight and I didnt feel it cut.

After some time it healed but I re-injured it while experimenting with pumping (because I didnt have enough lube and the excessive pull that I wasnt expecting pulled it open).

My question is, should I let it rip the rest of the way or baby it until it heals back. Im at a crusial stage now where i could stretch it apart or let it heal since the skin covering the tear is so thin. Im not sure its coming back so Im a little hesitant to put off my routine until then. I've read where people who had a tight frenulum were actually happy when they finally tore it loose saying it improved their sex life and that they'd never have it any other way.
    Consolidation
    Last edited by Consolidation; 04-23-2012, 10:39 PM.

I have just been proceeding with my routine, letting the chips fall where they may.

I have to say that it seems to be healing back very nicely. Im going to be very careful and just keep it up. Besides that I'm keeping it clean.

C

Comment

Good move
      BPEL 7.0 +1 1/8"
      EG 5.6 +.6 (average of girth measures)
      Midshaft EG: 5.75 +.75
      Base EG: 6 +.75
      Top EG 5 +.5
      NBPEL 6.2. +.2
      BPSFL 7.3 +1.3

Comment

I still havent healed but I dont have an infection or inflammation either.

It is painful to hang if I put too much tension on the frenulum (if I pull the skin too far back before I wrap and attach my hanger). Even when I attach everything so that I am not stretching it directly, only putting pressure on the tissue from within, it will bleed a very slight amount until the blood dries and then it stops.

Its been hard for me to figure out any way to make progress on healing while maintaining my PE routine until now.

I still hang, jelq and edge. After my edging session, I wash the wound with soap and warm water, then I soak it in warm epsom salt solution for 5-10 minutes. I pat dry, then the key, I take 1 square of 1-2 ply toilet paper, fold it diagonally, then again in the same direction until its about 1cm in width. Then I pull the foreskin back, put the middle of the toilet paper on the wound where the paper is the most dense dues to the diagonal folding, and I tuck the ends of the toilet paper under the coronal ridge, around my penis so that when I roll the skin back up the toilet paper stays put and applies a light bit of pressure on top of the wound. I might use a small amount of antibiotic ointment on the wound before I cover it.

This is perfect because it protects the wound from debris, allows the skin to heal in a stretched, dry state (not crumpled up where any healing that takes place will just be ripped open again), and allows you not to worry about accidentally scraping the wound during the day. It works with my ADS as well.

I dont mind the injury as much now and of all the things you wouldnt expect, edging is the least painful exercise.

Comment

Maybe the arousal/stimulation issues you described in the mmo post may stem from significant penile fatigue from a combination of stressors occurring Simultaneously???
          BPEL 7.0 +1 1/8"
          Top EG 5 +.5
          NBPEL 6.2. +.2
          BPSFL 7.3 +1.3

Comment

Thought about that. I couldnt recall if I had morning wood this morning or not but I think its just normal burnout. I've put my penis through some extreme things before, to the point I was scared about what I'd done.

I've over pumped, improperly attached weight, hung too much weight. All to the point of bleeding. That was before I began researching online, so I was finding my bodys limits in the experimentation process. This is like a scratch that wont go away. It isnt really traumatic in any way.

I have been hanging a lot lately and jelqing on top of it. My tissue might need some rebuild time which is why toady I've only been wearing ADS and tonight I will only do one hang and one jelq session. Ill be looking for wood tomorrow.

Ill report anyway when I learn more.

Comment

I would suggest taking a week or 2 off. I also injured my frenulum once; it wasn't a tear but man it looked nothing close to pretty. I took a week and a half off before i came back and i should have taken the full two weeks because when i came back i could tell it wasn't all the way healed.

There is no rush if you are in pe for the long haul.
              3rdLegParty
              Last edited by 3rdLegParty; 12-07-2011, 06:12 PM.
              1st term goal: reached
              2nd term goal: 7.25"
              "It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles" - Socrates

Comment

I have actually had this injury for a long time and have tried letting it heal. It will heal over in a couple weeks with thin skin but then anything will rip it. I have read accounts where people who have short frenulums (like I think I have a bit) just said to heck with it and let it do what it was going to do as far as ripping. I'd say mines about 25-50% ripped off and I dont care if it keeps going the rest of the way unless someone can give me a reason why I need a frenulum.

I've read that people actually prefer having it torn. I think its going to stop tearing and start healing over even as I PE train. The harder I work it the healthier it looks. When I baby it, it acts like a baby, weak and soft and whiny. I have an Idea that if I continue to take care of it and continue to train itll even reattach, only the right size and placement this time. I just think about how it is when youre working hard and say shoot your hand with a nail gun. If you just keep working it heals fast and with far less pain, but if you stop and get out the bandaids and baby it, it will drive you crazy for twice as long. Seems to me that work has always helped heal my wounds.

What do you think 3?

Comment

Seems like you've already made up your mind about it .
                  I'd just keep it clean and watch how you attach your hanger .
                  Frenums are sensitive and pleasurable .
                  Keep it !!

Stretching my Friend in 3 dimensions.

Comment

Thanks

I havent made up my mind, this is only my current path. I always sound like Im being defensive or that I've made my mind and I think its my way of getting people to give me a convincing and strong argument if they have one. I didn't mean to say that I was resolute on what to do about it. I was only giving my thoughts.

Comment

My opinion is unabashadly strong on this one. Typically i am middle of the road and prefer to suggest options to consider. So please hear me out and forgive the passion in my words below although I do not regret saying them.

You only have one frenulum. You are young. IMHO you are playing with fire by continuing to work your dick hard with routines, edging, hanging and pumping with a piece of the head of your dick hanging by a thread and held in place by a piece of toilet paper. You might as well just drive a nail through it with that nail gun.

Give your self permission to go off your mission so that you can be whole again and carry on once more with vigor instead of uncertainty.
                      BPEL 7.0 +1 1/8"
                      Top EG 5 +.5
                      NBPEL 6.2. +.2
                      BPSFL 7.3 +1.3

Comment

Ill try to fully consider that angle

Thanks

Comment

I've been continuing my PE routine though not at rigorously as I was at the time of my last report. I've been very busy so I have missed days.

The slight bad news is that Im still not 100% healed, but the good news is that my frenulum is growing back better than it was before.
                          Because I continue to PE I will periodically lose a small portion of the top layer of skin that is growing back. This then heals in about 2 days and the cycle continues. I can tell that the almost sinewy quality is coming back.

I consider this a success and I have no worries about continuing PE or the healing of my frenulum. The secret has been to use the toilet paper as I described with neosporin 100% of the time. This allows the frenulum to heal back as though it were stretched. If you dont use something to keep the skin from folding then every time you pull the skin back it will rip apart a little of what you were able to heal since the skin fuses together while it is rolled forward.

Comment

Its good that you are finally healing, C.
                            BPEL 7.0 +1 1/8"
                            Top EG 5 +.5
                            NBPEL 6.2. +.2
                            BPSFL 7.3 +1.3

Comment

I got a bit overconfident and I think I did some damage, hopefully reparable. Over the course of this experiment I have noticed definitely that the length of the frenulum has increased but for now its also thinner and seemingly less resilient. The increase in length is very welcome since it has always been tight and could at times be painful. But I also dont want it to be a liability to me. It has held me back majorly in my PE training mostly because I've been too inexperienced with how to cope. But Im thinking now that a very light ramp up over a longer period of time will be what I need. I'm cutting out the hanging and jelqing now as those are very stressful to the injury and focusing on edging, which I need badly to gain better control of anyway.

I've always been the type to push through the pain and think I could handle more than I safely could, leading to injury. With age I think Im gaining some wisdom on this personality of mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X