Can scar tissue stunt growth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can scar tissue stunt growth?

I remember a specific incident when I was like 10 years old sleeping on my stomach. I felt like a pop in my erect penis as I woke up. I went to the bathroom and everything seemed fine, no discoloration or otherwise pain afterward. During the puberty years however I noticed that my penis started curving to the left. I don't really remember it growing that much more, just gradually getting curvier. In high school it was very curved and I started getting depressed about it. I would try to sleep against the curve to try and straighten it. My senior year of football, I didn't wear a cup one game and my flaccid penis was pinched very hard between my thigh pads. I do recall a lot of pain after this. Eventually at the end of high school it grew to average-ish size 5.5 in and the curve straightened out a little bit. However, I still feel some symptoms of peyronie's or scar tissue like an indent on the curved side and almost like a band around my penis, often times my penis forms the shape of an hour glass before it gets fully erect (no pain though). I'm not positive, but I am fairly convinced I have had scar tissue since that incident when I was ten and I probably added to it from the football accident (I am going to a urologist in a couple of weeks to see for sure). My question is can scar tissue from before or in the very early stages of puberty stunt some natural growth that would have otherwise occurred during puberty? And also, will scar tissue affect the gains I can make from PE?
    jamoke125
    Last edited by jamoke125; 10-08-2014, 03:30 AM.

Also would scar tissue lead to having problems maintaining an erection?

Comment

Scar tissue can cause curvature. It can restrict growth in the area of the scar tissue such that the opposite side will increase more than the side with the scar tissue causing an erection to curve in the direction of the scar tissue. Severe curvature is called Peyronies.

However, about 30% of guys' penises have some curvature to them of at least 10%.

Doctors sometimes prescribe an extender to reduce the curvature.
      Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
      12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
      12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
      01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
      01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
      01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
      Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Does the same apply for stretch marks? Reason I am asking is because the right side of my dick has developed a stretch mark; as I continue my exercises, it very slowly gets larger. I will post a pic if need be.

Comment

The only way to tell if you have some scar tissue, is through ultrasound or MRI.
          If the area is getting worse, Stop all penis exercises!

Comment

Working...
          X