Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys stay away from MRI used with contrast (gad) for any injuries

Guys,

Try to check side effects for your medical conditions from MRI with contrast for any injuries before having it. As this is injuries forum I wanted to caution.

For any tests double check online for your medical conditions for any interactions.

sometimes Doctors, nurses, radiologists do not ask your medical condition and tell side effects for the tests.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Neurolo...em/show/462185

(so many unlucky people with good kidney, or no health issues got effected see the link)

I do not want more people to have these miseries, so becareful guys !!!

Rocky
    rocky545
    Last edited by rocky545; 01-08-2016, 05:33 PM. Reason: added link

Elaborate?
    The name's Tamora...TVR Tamora...with a capital "T".

Lots of living to do yet unseen and a more stories yet untold!

Comment

During mri with contrast they inject you gadolinium. If you have medical conditions like kidney google for other conditions. It can stay in blood and can cause muscle weakness, stiffness, joint pains. It can be effected in days, weeks, months, years. You can be immobilized with this. No treatments available.

So try to have a mri without contrast as much as possible

Comment

As a medical professional, your anecdotal warning seems to be missing a great deal of information, and also makes a lot of assumptions......you are basically saying something akin to "stay away from caffeine" as well as lumping every medical professional into one group, and indicating that none will ask you about allergies or contraindicatory issues.

Yes, it can cause issues for folks who have pre-existing kidney problems. However, it is used in nearly 1/3 of all MRI procedures and has a 1-5% rate of notable negative side-effects, with far less than a 1% incidence of bad allergic reactions.

I personally take offense to your derogatory comments, but if you experienced issues where caregivers failed to ask appropriate questions or offer appropriate warnings, then you are in the huge minority, IMHO.
        Hire a lawyer and pursue this, would be my advice.....if your caregivers failed you in the manner you describe, then they should be held accountable.
        ​Li'l Uncle Reamus

Comment

Yea I agree 1-5% chance.It's a caution to check before what tests you do.Yes they failed to ask me.

It's better to be safe than sorry !!!

Comment

Fossilhead I will edit my heading and post as it seems generalized later. its just say double caution to people. I should not have generalized it.

In my case they failed to ask me, luckily I checked before second MRI. Otherwise it would have happened again for second MRI.

Yes adverse reactions are less than 1%, but here what I am worried is why some doctors wont check pre medical history before giving any tests or prescriptions.

Comment

Actually given the common nature of the procedure, a 1% significant incident rate is enough to cause caution.

Comment

So before an Mri they inject something into your blood stream? I've had like 3or4 mris but nothing was ever injected.

Comment

I've never had an MRI that included injections of any sort. I've had a brain MRI.
                  You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

It is said in post 4 that dye is used in circa a third of mri which is still a fair number .

Comment

https://www.pegym.com/forums/attachm...id=82379&stc=1
                      Attached Files
                      Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

Divider, whatever you think I am fine. From MRI with contrast(optimark) after one month of taking I developed muscle weakness, stiffness, and joints poppings and it pains after popping.. I do not know what worse going to happen.

Its not something I read online. I am experiencing personally, then I checked online why its happening all this to me, only change in body is MRI with contrast.
                        rocky545
                        Last edited by rocky545; 01-08-2016, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Why did you need the MRI?
                          The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Ok my take on this is be sure the doc knows your medical history to keep the risk of side effects down.

Comment

I had some popup near left pelvis, thats why I asked for a MRI to make sure. but at that time I didnot know all this. So when I was about to take second MRI to be safer I looked online, if any issues taking MRI`s back to back.

MRI without contrast I didnot see any issues, but for MRI with contrast I saw side effects for some medical conditions.

Comment

Working...
                              X