Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I start hanging? Looking for input.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I start hanging? Looking for input.

I’ve done PE off and on for years. Tried a few different routines but never really saw results. I’ve gained a little girth but no length. Manual stretches don’t seem to do much for me. I’m getting back into it and want to be more consistent. I was thinking about doing a hanging and jelqing routine. Looking for input from some experienced hangers. Does anyone have a good hanging and jelqing routine? Any advice on what hanger to get? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Hanging requires considerable time (1-2 hours per day).

Before you go out and spend hundreds on a commercial device, why not test the waters first? I strongly recommend that nobody immediately order a commercial device as you first need to see if you can make the rigorous schedule required for hanging. That said, start off with a sock hanger (search for it as its too bad it was never sticky'd). This only requires a sock and a shoe lace. Big expense there!

If you can do it for a month (last week you're hanging 3-6 sets for 20 mins a set), then up your game and make a Captn's Wrench (search again as it wasn't sticky'd) and hang some bigger weights. Total cost to make the wrench is less than $15. Only then, after 6 months of consistent use, should you look to spend cash on a commercial device if you think you need one. I still just use my Wrench and it's been going on two years.

Far too many people (more than I can count) hop on here and want to hang, buy an expensive device and realize it's not for them for one reason or another. Then the device is either a bookend or trashed and it was such a bad experience.
    Original/Current Stats:
    09 / 2017: BPEL 6.75" / NBPEL 6" / MEG 4.75" / BPFSL 7.25"
    09 / 2019: BPEL 7.625" / NBPEL 6.625" / MEG 5" / BPFSL 8.125"

Realistic Goals:
    BPEL 8" / NBPEL 7.0" / MEG 5.25"

Comment

"Hanging requires considerable time (1-2 hours per day)."

The time involved is a biggie. I tried 2 hours a day but only averaged 10 hours a week for a few months. Its a huge commitment.
      Some things in life will need to be negotiated to make time. Lately I've been able to average seven hours a week hanging and use an extender for 6-8 hours with slow but sure progress. If you work by yourself and have privacy, the 10 hours can be done.
      If you don't you need to find the time and privacy elsewhere.
      You will need equipment and a place you feel ok storing it. (Not on your coffee table).
      I started hanging so I could multi task as manual exercises were boring and started to wear on my shoulder.
      I think the bottom line is if need to multitask and you have the time hanging is a good option.

Comment

. Start with very low weight and some minutes of jelqing after it.
        Increase time and weight slowly. Daily or 1 on 1 off
        And yes consistency is the key. Without it no gains
        25cm! Let's go!

Comment

Thanks for the advise!

Comment

I would say that if you having been doing PE consistently, then maybe you should consider doing JP90 Beginner routine to ensure you have some better conditioning. I see a lot of people on here who are not consistent with PE get hurt with hanging because of lack of conditioning. Definitely give it a shot, but with being in and out I’d recommend a beginner routine to prevent injuries
            Start 9/30/18: NPBEL - 7.14" / MSEG - 5.25" - BEG - 5.5"/ EQ - 7/10 / BPEL - 8.15"

Current: NBPEL - 7.5" / MSEG - 5.45" - BEG - 5.75" / EQ - 8/10 / BPEL - 8.5"

Goal: NPBEL - 9.5" / MSEG - 6.5" - BEG - 7" / EQ 10/10 BPEL - 11"

Comment

Working...
            X