extender mods (regular to vacumm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extender mods (regular to vacumm)

I have a SG extender and it works ok, but at times is not very comfortable. I know some of you have bought parts on a budget and converted to a vacumm extender. Could any of you share where to get parts and how you built your modification? No commercial links please. Any downside in trying this? Thanks.

The mod would depend on the vacuum bell you plan to use unless you are asking for a source for the bell too. It is possible to DIY vacuum bell too, but I already had the Phallosan Forte. I originally used polycarbonite 3/16" plate for the adapter but it started to develop stress cracks. I'm using 1/8" aluminum plate, it was from a 2.5" x 48" stock I purchased from Orchards Hardware Supply. I trimmed, drilled and slotted a 2" long section I cut from the stock; enough to hold the small -> extra large PF bell "securely".

Ebay and other store front sites have full kits for switching to vacuum for a reasonable price and wouldn't require a lot of crafting. Other members just slap on the vacuum hanger and use the noose/strap system to hold it to the extender cradle or cord to tie it to the cradle.
    Sir Bedevere: ...and that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped.
    King Arthur: This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.

Comment

For $150 you can get a complete mod kit from VacExtender..
      Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
      12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
      12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
      01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
      01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
      01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
      Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

I think his concern was "budget" and no commercial.
        Sir Bedevere: ...and that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped.
        King Arthur: This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.

Comment

Working...
        X