Maintaining Gains During Injury Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintaining Gains During Injury Break

I've been hanging for ~7 months with the bib starter daily for 3-5 20 minute sets up until last week. My ace wrap had become overstretched and thin, which caused it to bunch up and pinch the skin. At the end of the set I realized I had pinched the skin an inch below the glans causing a small blood blister to form. I decided to take 1-2 weeks to let it fully heal.

However, now that I'm not hanging my EQ is so much better and I'm thinking about turning it into more of a decon break seeing how I was in a 2-3 month rut. I am semi happy with my progress. I went from 5.8 BPEL to 6.7, NBPEL from 5.1 to 6. My MEG somehow also went from 5.2 to 5.6. So basically went from small-average to big-average. While my first short term goal was 7 BPEL, I'm at least secure in my body now, and no longer fear first encounters.

To attempt to maintain gains I have been using the Xsleeves. During waking hours I use the midlevel sleeve with a 12oz cap, it brings me a tad over BPEL length without bothering me. During sleep I use the light sleeve and use the leg strap to get a light pull all night. It's comfortable, and safe enough, to not wake me up. But strong enough that I wake up with a slight soreness in the tunica.

My questions are: 1) Do you think the xsleeve routine will be enough to maintain my gains for 1-2 months?
    2) If I return to hanging, is there a way to prevent my EQ from tanking so hard?
    3) Would a more conventional extender be useful for preserving gains (Phallosan, PMP)?

Thanks to anyone that answers! Sorry for the lengthiness but thought people may learn something from my past experiences with hanging.

Originally posted by bigrob93 View Post
    I've been hanging for ~7 months with the bib starter daily for 3-5 20 minute sets up until last week. My ace wrap had become overstretched and thin, which caused it to bunch up and pinch the skin. At the end of the set I realized I had pinched the skin an inch below the glans causing a small blood blister to form. I decided to take 1-2 weeks to let it fully heal.

However, now that I'm not hanging my EQ is so much better and I'm thinking about turning it into more of a decon break seeing how I was in a 2-3 month rut. I am semi happy with my progress. I went from 5.8 BPEL to 6.7, NBPEL from 5.1 to 6. My MEG somehow also went from 5.2 to 5.6. So basically went from small-average to big-average. While my first short term goal was 7 BPEL, I'm at least secure in my body now, and no longer fear first encounters.

To attempt to maintain gains I have been using the Xsleeves. During waking hours I use the midlevel sleeve with a 12oz cap, it brings me a tad over BPEL length without bothering me. During sleep I use the light sleeve and use the leg strap to get a light pull all night. It's comfortable, and safe enough, to not wake me up. But strong enough that I wake up with a slight soreness in the tunica.

My questions are: 1) Do you think the xsleeve routine will be enough to maintain my gains for 1-2 months?
    2) If I return to hanging, is there a way to prevent my EQ from tanking so hard?
    3) Would a more conventional extender be useful for preserving gains (Phallosan, PMP)?

Thanks to anyone that answers! Sorry for the lengthiness but thought people may learn something from my past experiences with hanging.
    Diminished EQ is a common negative side effect from using a compression clamp. This to me is just common sense and logical reasoning. Think of the area of your penis that you are clamping on, the forces of downward pressure on the area that's clamped is not getting a longitudinal stretch because they are being squished. Which causes trauma to that area of the penis. You may not see it or feel it, but the EQ that you are experiencing is due to the trauma you've inflicted.
    Marlon LGHanger
    Last edited by Marlon LGHanger; 10-27-2020, 12:48 PM. Reason: sentence construction
    -Foldus,
    L.G. Hanger,-
    Owner/Licensed Master Machinist
    www.lghangerllc.com
    PEGym members get $10 off! Coupon Code PEGYM

Comment

Originally posted by Marlon LGHanger View Post
      Diminished EQ is a common negative side effect from using a compression clamp. This to me is just common sense and logical reasoning. Think of the area of your penis that you are clamping on, the forces of downward pressure on the area that's clamped is not getting a longitudinal stretch because they are being squished. Which causes trauma to that area of the penis. You may not see it or feel it, but the EQ that you are experiencing is due to the trauma you've inflicted.
      Hey Marlon, thanks for the reply. I didn't mention it in here because I was getting a bit lengthy, but I am considering going with the LG in the future. I'd like to continue the hanging gains because I haven't quite reached my goals, but my EQ has been SO MUCH better since taking my break.

So my question for you would be this, will it take me a really long time to start seeing gains with the LG due to my current conditioning? I was regularly using 15 lbs without too much stress, but I know with the LG I'd have to take it slow to condition myself to the pressure. Hopefully taking a couple of weeks will allow for some type of deconditioning as well.

Also, does the LG have any positive/negative effects on EQ? I'd really like to reach 7-7.5" but having a functional penis is much more important at this point.

Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by bigrob93 View Post
        Hey Marlon, thanks for the reply. I didn't mention it in here because I was getting a bit lengthy, but I am considering going with the LG in the future. I'd like to continue the hanging gains because I haven't quite reached my goals, but my EQ has been SO MUCH better since taking my break.

So my question for you would be this, will it take me a really long time to start seeing gains with the LG due to my current conditioning? I was regularly using 15 lbs without too much stress, but I know with the LG I'd have to take it slow to condition myself to the pressure. Hopefully taking a couple of weeks will allow for some type of deconditioning as well.

Also, does the LG have any positive/negative effects on EQ? I'd really like to reach 7-7.5" but having a functional penis is much more important at this point.

Thanks man!
        Tissue conditioning while vacuum hanging is an ongoing process. Similar in some respects to any form of exercise, like weight training or running distances. As you plateau and push to the next level you do so when the current workload becomes comfortable or too easy.

Patience is the key. For example if you can comfortably hang with 5 lbs for a full hour with no complications, and can do so for two weeks in a row, then it's time to add weight. Bump up a couple more pounds and start with only 30 minutes. Assess your tolerance level and if you have no complications, go for a full hour. Making adjustments as you go. Eventually you will come to a place where you can no longer go any heavier, and in many instances you don't need to if you're training with consistency. The intensity of post hang hand stretching will always buttress your ability to make additional gains. Remember you can pull harder with your hand than any amount of weight you can hang with. The weight hanging is what facilitates the fatigue and the post hang hand stretching allows you to go the extra mile and get that additional stretch.

Similarly when you pump you can get that extra forced expansion by following it with a double clamp session.
        -Foldus,
        L.G. Hanger,-
        Owner/Licensed Master Machinist
        www.lghangerllc.com
        PEGym members get $10 off! Coupon Code PEGYM

Comment

Okay, sounds good! I think I'd be able to make the LG work for me. It'd be nice to have a piece of equipment that I could use for one solid session instead of having to break it up into 20 minute segments. Thanks for the replies, I'll save up and make an order here when I'm done with my break!

Comment

Working...
          X