Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging: Choosing your angle to target the right anatomy

Why a Low Angle of Attack is Usually Best:
    Just what hanging angle will give you the best, easiest gains? I believe for almost all new hangers, a low angle of attack will do this. Any low hanging angle will target your ligaments, which are theoretically easier to deform than your Tunica. Suspensory ligament deformation can provide relatively 'easy gains' in comparison to much tougher Tunica.

If you have already maximized your possible gains from low angles, and you have successfully shifted your penis to hang from a lower angle/exit point, or if you are built this way naturally, you may choose to go straight to Tunica work. Unless you're absolutely sure you have no more potential ligament gains, you should start with a low angle of attack.

Your Goal: Controlled Damage
    As explained in Hanging 101, the shot-gun approach means you randomly choose a different angle every time you hang. This approach fails because you will not create the sustained controlled damage required to produce optimized penis hanging gains. Although 2x angles of attack should be chosen, all fatigue efforts should be directed at creating controlled damage at just your primary angle (of attack). Generally, the secondary angle is just there so you have a second angle you can revert to when absolutely cannot continue at the primary angle with any amount of weight.

https://www.pegym.com/forums/attachm...is-diagram.jpg

Your 1st Target: Suspensory Ligaments (Easy Gains)
    Any low angle such as BTC, SD, UTL will effectively target your ligaments creating a higher probability for faster, easier hanging gains. With that in mind, I recommend any low angle as your first angle of attack. BTC and SD make excellent primary & secondary angles of attack for anyone new to hanging (with a few rare exceptions explained above).

I am currently hanging with BTC as my primary angle and SD as my secondary angle. Once my gains slow or stall at these angles, I will shift to new angles. On occasion, I have felt a burning sensation that appears to emanate from my pubic bone. Bib agreed with my suspicions that this was likely due to ligament stresses & deformation. I have not felt this too often; although I have high hopes that will change as I move up in my number of sets as well as weight (increased traction).

LOT Theory:
    Just how much CAN you gain from suspensory ligament stretching? LOT Theory attempts to predict this. Do NOT confuse LOT Theory with your overall potential! Remember LOT theory is trying to predict your gains from one specific area of your anatomy (ligament stretch gains), not your entire penis. It is also just a theory & not a fact, so don't be alarmed if your LOT is low. Aside from this, some of the PE community claim LOT theory is completely invalid, so at best it remains just a controversial theory that attempts to predict your potential.

Your 2nd Target: Tunica (More Difficult)
    Once you have determined your ligament gains are maximized (after months, years, etc), it is time to target the Tunica. The Rice Sock Duct-tape (RSDT) fulcrum is one of the best possible tools for creating fatigue along your entire shaft. Even an experienced hanger will only be capable of using a fraction of their normal maximum weight with this fulcrum. Bib strongly recommends this fulcrum for creating intense Tunica fatigue, although he himself did not use it (it was not invented yet).

Skin Stretch
    Westla points out that early on, a hanging device will only cause skin stretch, which will interfere with fundiform and suspensory ligament deformation. Westla also highlights the importance of maximizing ligament deformation before proper Tunica work can begin.

westla90069: "Both the fundiform and suspensory ligaments are attached to the deep (Buck's) fascia, not to the tunica.....a hanging device will pull on the fascia and help stretch both the fascia and ligaments. [at first only skin stretch will occur]"

A 2nd Reason To Max Your Lig Gains 1st?
    It appears Westla is suggesting that the ligaments must be fully deformed before much force can be applied to the Tunica:

westla90069: "The ligs are attached in a manner that prevents the crura (the two ends of the CC inside the body) from receiving any of the hanging force until the ligs themselves are stretched beyond their normal limit of extension"

Everyone Has Different Potential Ligament Stretch Gains

Source: Maximizing Suspensory Ligament Stretch Gains Before Tunica Work

The Ligaments Provide Easy Gains (vs. Tunica):
    Bib : ">I guess my point was that the suspensory ligament, initially, has a limit. That it will allow the penis to be pulled from the body only so far and that limit prevents the base of the crura of the corpora, which are attached to the inferior pubic rami, from receiving any stretch until the suspensory ligament is lengthened enough to allow it.<

You are correct. For many, if not most guys, this susp lig stretch will allow a lot of 'loose' penis shaft to be pulled from the body. What I call the 'internal anchor points' are attached much better, and are tougher, and that is about where the easy gains stop."

We all have Varying Ligament Stretch Potential:
    Bib : >That distance is probably different for each man. Men with low erection angles, perhaps, are those with longer suspensory ligs and they might be able to put a stretch on the entire length of the tunica. <

EXACTLY! That is something I have been trying to explain for a while. I even have some terrible diagrams somewhere that explains this. But having the ability to stretch the tunica without lig interference is not a plus in the scheme of PE because this means there is probably little 'inner' penis to be exposed."

Tunica Gains Hindered if Ligament Stretch Not Maximized:
    Bib : >Those with tight suspensory ligs, and high erection angles, may not be able to put enough tension on the tunica to extend it until they have pulled out the ligs enough to allow it. <

Great explanation, but this is a plus in the realm of PE. The high exit point that goes with high tight ligs usually indicate a lot of inner penis. The lengthening of the ligs allows this expression.

>Pehaps I'm not clear on the anatomy myself and the suspensory ligament and the tunica attachment are equal when it comes to longitudinal traction on the penis and both receive an equal pull.<

It depends. For a high exit point guy, at lower angles of pull, the tunica from the ligs on and the ligs receive the stress. At higher angles of pull, the entire tunica receives the stress and the ligs none. For low exit point guys, the ligs may receive no stress whatsoever. A moot point."

More hanging related threads:
    I have put together a number of related hanging threads to help guide you through the process of learning about hanging. Start with hanging 101 & Blink2000's Hanging Tips. Reading through those threads will help you understand how to hang and give you some basic theories to help you start figuring out which hanging angles to use, how to reach fatigue, etc.

The hanging theory threads are mostly geared towards helping you understand where your penis currently exits your pelvis, and how to fully maximize suspensory ligament stretch gains (BTC & SD). Once you've maximized your suspensory ligament gains you can move to higher angles such as SU & OTS. Eventually, once you feel ready, or once you start to plateau with standard hanging angles (SD, SU, OTS, BTC, SD, UTL, OTL, etc), you will be ready to start using fulcrums, such as the RSDT.

Each time you change angles, remember to do maintenance hanging at your previous angle until those respective previous target tissues are cemented & heal in a permanent, elongated state. Once you reach your ultimate length goals, be sure to do some maintenance hanging to maintain your hanging gains while work on your girth gains.

Practical Hanging Advice:
    Hanging 101
    Blink2000's Hanging Tips
    Penis Weight Hanging: Technique Tips & Turkey-neck

Hanging Theory:
    Why Hanging Should be Done Before Advanced Girth Work: Length First, Girth Second
    Maximizing Ligament Stretch Gains & LOT Theory
    Choosing Your Angle of Attack, Target the Ligs first, then Tunica

Homemade Hanger Recipes
    The Captn's Wench
    Tom Hubbards AFB Hanger

Fulcrums
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/penis-d...crum-rsdt.html
    blink2000
    Last edited by blink2000; 09-17-2010, 04:59 PM.
    My progress journal / useful PE links

More on: All Men Have Varying Potential Lig Gains
    Westla "I guess my point was that the suspensory ligament, initially, has a limit. That it will allow the penis to be pulled from the body only so far and that limit prevents the base of the crura of the corpora, which are attached to the inferior pubic rami, from receiving any stretch until the suspensory ligament is lengthened enough to allow it.

That distance is probably different for each man. Men with low erection angles, perhaps, are those with longer suspensory ligs and they might be able to put a stretch on the entire length of the tunica. Those with tight suspensory ligs, and high erection angles, may not be able to put enough tension on the tunica to extend it until they have pulled out the ligs enough to allow it. Pehaps I'm not clear on the anatomy myself and the suspensory ligament and the tunica attachment are equal when it comes to longitudinal traction on the penis and both receive an equal pull."

When Have We Maximized Our Potential Lig Deformation?

Based on my understanding of things, it's likely we have reached our maximum potential when our "LOT" becomes a very low number. There are tests that can be performed (LOT Theory) which can help us attempted to determine whether we have changed our LOT from high to low. I haven't seen enough information about how to determine when our lig gains are maximized. I would just suspect that when no amount of weight can shift our package further downward, it is time to switch to Tunica work.

Perhaps a few months of very slow gains in spite of increased weight at low hanging angles could suggest that our ligament gains have been maximized. Once I have more experience in this area, I'll share what I have learned. Currently, my goal is to shift my package down until my penis naturally points straight down, and my exit point shifts lower. I am trying to do the same thing Bib did: he believed the first 2" he gained in erect length came from shifting his package from a high to a low erection angle. I want to see if this can be replicated.
    blink2000
    Last edited by blink2000; 08-18-2010, 07:40 AM.

Comment

The ideas about the inner penis are definitely controversial, but I find them interesting if nothing else. I know at least one person has asked about "inner penis gains" since I have joined this forum. Keep in mind, it is believed by most anatomy experts that this is simply not possible.
      blink2000
      Last edited by blink2000; 08-18-2010, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Somehow this was NOT wiped out with the server issues! ... or someone recovered it. Either way, thank you!

Comment

I have pulled out roughly 0.2" of inner penis.
          It's not just Penile Enhancement, it's a way of life.
          Millia's Dick Journey (NEW Introduction post!)

Comment

Just in case it is not clear, everyone should start hanging at BTC, even if your LOT is 6. First confirm your ligaments are stretched to their maximum before moving on to other angles.

New guys starting with a Lot of 6 should go BTC for a while (a month perhaps), then they can switch to OTS, & SU angles.

Guys starting with a LOT of 7,8, or 9 should attempt to bring their LOT down to 6, then once this is accomplished (or ligament deformation gains are absolutely maximized), then they can move on to new angles.

Experienced hangers with slowing gains should consider moving on to fulcrum work, such as the RSDT.

Comment

Blink, even after maxing out your ligs,can you still benefit from SD and BTC hanging? Will these angles 'work' the tunica also? Thanx!

Comment

Yes, you will make some Tunica gains (probably) at any angle to some extent (as long as you focus on that angle). However, once you seem to be maximizing your gains at one angle (or the gains slow down at an angle) then it's probably time to switch. If you made any significant gains at the previous angle, you need to do maintenance to cement the gains you made at that angle.

For example, if you started at BTC / SD & did that for a whole year & gained 1", then you switched to SU/ OTS, you should probably do a few maintenance sets per week to cement your BTC / SD gains (this way your ligaments don't retract). Your body will always resist your efforts to some extent & try to return to equilibrium. Maintenance & cementing gains is important once you start changing angles (since you don't want to lose the gains you made at the previous angle).

Comment

how long have you guys been hanging before seeing results? and whats your program? 10mins on 10 mins off?
                  "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life."

Comment

Expect 2 weeks for skin stretch & 3 weeks for attachment point stress adjustment. That means you will likely not see any results during your first month of hanging. A few guys gain in spite of this.

For a full explanation of how to hang, check out hanging 101 in my signature. It has everything from why to hang, to sample routines, sample progression, & a little trouble-shooting. And then the hanging tips article (check above for "Blink2000's Hanging Tips") is just focused on refining technique & dealing with specific situations. That particular article has a lot of quotes from Bib.

Comment

These should soon be turned into articles!

Comment

You're right.

My two articles on similar subjects don't really cover this post:
                        (my 2x angle of attack articles, still on the chopping block)
                        Choosing An Angle of Attack: Part 1
                        Choosing An Angle of Attack: Part 2

I could turn this into a separate article since maybe neither "angle of attack" article covers this subject completely. I don't completely understand the anatomy yet...

Maybe this is why I didn't dive into this subject in those other articles except to say "ligaments first, tunica second"--or something to that effect. Just when we thought there was already one too many xxx first, xxx second theories...

What I mean is, I didn't elaborate on the anatomy, because some of it simply goes beyond my understanding (when westla starts talking about the 'bucks fascia' and the 'crura', etc I start to have trouble following). My basic penile anatomy is pretty solid, but I think westla is pretty advanced in his knowledge of the subject so I would have to study more to fully comprehend his reasoning (I didn't quote everything he said here, there's a lot more material on the original source page).
                        blink2000
                        Last edited by blink2000; 09-02-2010, 06:04 PM.

Comment

How would hanging with the BIB, pumping with a digital CTC and extending with the X4 be for a daily routine? I was going to hang for 4 sets at 20 min, pump for 30 - 1hr for 3 sets and then extend for 6 - 8 hours.

I recently gave up the Bathmate because of how imprecise the device is actually. I substituted it with the CTC. I'm only into my 3rd month and have witnessed 1.76" of length gains and .6 - .8" in girth depending on location on shaft. My fsl is 1.25" over the el. I was naturally endowed at 8.6 x 5.5" but wanted to be bigger. My current routine has gotten me there but there is a lot more to be done. My flaccid is hanging a lot more (I was anywhere from 4.5 -6.5" before and now over 7"). Some of these gains may be attributed to my high endurance training and lifting routine that caused me to lose weight and build a solid boy of muscle and be extremely defined.

Comment

This is an excellent thread. After some problems with blisters etc. with the LG hanger I intend to start hanging BTC tomorrow. Anyone got any tips on BTC hanging, in particular to body positions etc.???
                            Mighty oaks from little acorns grow!
                            Wolfemothers Progress Log

Comment

How do you change the angle? İ mean the weight is puling down so i dont get it how you have to hang otherwise can sombody explain this pictures would be great to
                              removed the dust from my andro-extender and start using it again!

Current lenght
                              7.7x4.9

Comment

Working...
                              X