Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardcore Freakout!

Hahahaha, I almost cried!

I measured my 12" ruler against my measuring tape to see if there was any difference. Then cross checked against my 6" ruler as well. There's actually a slight difference between the three of them. So what's the next logical step? I go online to use online rulers because I figured they'd be much more accurate seeing how I bought a wooden ruler for Wal-Mart.

Well I put my 12" up against the screen and it shows 7" on my ruler to be about 6" in reality! Whoooooooa total freakout man I almost cried! I thought Wal-Mart had gotten me good, reeeeal good. Took me a few heart pounding minutes to work out my monitor size and resolution which made a huge friggin difference.

Finally I measured my ruler against some 8.5" x 11" and it came up fairly close. About a .125" difference in my favor actually.

Most rulers have a slight overun of wood/plastic that goes beyond the measurement marks. My steel ruler has about a 1/8" past the last mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
      Most rulers have a slight overun of wood/plastic that goes beyond the measurement marks. My steel ruler has about a 1/8" past the last mark.
      I think we have the same ruler! I personally don't bother adding in the 1/8th inch when I check BPEL and just go right off whatever the ruler says. In the back of my mind I know I have that 1/8th inch in the bag in case I ever need it lol.
      Starting: 4/1/10 - bpel 6.00 x 5.00 meg
      Current: 4/1/12 - bpel 7.30 x 5.20 meg, bpfsl 8.10
      Final Goal - bpel 7.75 x 5.75 meg
      If you just read this, do 10 quick kegels

Comment

Originally posted by Stretch Armstrong View Post
        I think we have the same ruler! I personally don't bother adding in the 1/8th inch when I check BPEL and just go right off whatever the ruler says. In the back of my mind I know I have that 1/8th inch in the bag in case I ever need it lol.

Yeah I switched to the wooden dowel and use the ruler to measure my mark on the dowel. I want that 1/8"

Comment

Wow, my ruler has the same problem--I wonder why I never noticed that before?

I wonder how many things in life I miss because I make assumptions (like assuming a ruler is accurate!)

I guess you could just keep using a ruler, but add the 1/8". (in the case of my ruler, its got 1/16th"+ of wood on both the top & bottom)
          My progress journal / useful PE links

Comment

Originally posted by Stretch Armstrong View Post
            I cannot believe that all this time I have been thinking that I have been kidding myself by not acknowledging that over hang on my ruler. In actual fact, I have been denying myself of 1/8" - my brain knew about the over hang but I chose to bury the thought deep.

This may well put me at 8" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It feels a bit like being handed the Gold medal, months after the Olympics because someone else has failed a blood test - but I don't care.

I am going to measure now!!!!!!

Thank you Stretch, it was the wording of your post that finally made the penny drop.
            Vulcan
            7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
            5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

I use a 6 beam scientific laser that is accurate to within 0.0000002 (just kidding)
              starting stats: 6.5-6.6 BPEL 5.5.-5.6 EG
              March: 7.2 BPEL x 6.0 EG
              March: BPFL 7.7
              Goal: 8.0 NBPEL x 6.2 EG

Comment

People, I understand the ruler has an overhang. That's not what I'm talkin about. Your ruler itself may be inaccurate depending on the quality of the ruler.

Take the ruler you use and compare it to 2 or 3 other rulers, there's probably a noticeable difference.

After I noticed this I went online to find an "accurate" measure. What scared the crap out of me was the screen resolution, hehe. Was quite a shock.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
                  lol we probably have the same or similar steel ruler. mine cheats me of 1/8" as well

Comment

When my ruler says 7.5 I don't care how inaccurate it is. I'll know that I've gone from 5.3 to 7.5 and that in itself is just fine for me.
                    It's not just Penile Enhancement, it's a way of life.
                    Millia's Dick Journey (NEW Introduction post!)

Comment

I have only average penis would that be too applicable for me?

Comment

Working...
                      X