confused over extender rods and spring action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused over extender rods and spring action

I am a bit confused as tonight I didn't feel much tension so I decided to up the length, low an behold the spring section began to compress which is something I have not seen before. The pull is now not so much driven by rod length but the springs are now doing the pulling as they are slightly compressed. (andropenis btw), so is this the ultimate end game for extending? Just pump up the rod length until the springs are say 50% compressed? Then rely on tis spring action to do the work?
    starting stats: 6.5-6.6 BPEL 5.5.-5.6 EG
    March: 7.2 BPEL x 6.0 EG
    March: BPFL 7.7
    Goal: 8.0 NBPEL x 6.2 EG

That was always been my understanding of extenders.

I hear most extenders can't create more than about 3.5lbs of force so that's why eventually so many hours are needed to create gains.
    My progress journal / useful PE links

Comment

I did a careful bench test of my X4 Labs, and I found

1. compressed down to 1 ring exposed takes 6.3 lbs. (2957g). This is a loading almost but not quite complete bottoming out so the springs are still holding the test weight.
      2. compressed down to 2 rings exposed takes 4.6 lbs (2188g)
      3. compressed down to 3 rings exposed takes 2.6 lbs. (1240g)

I have read the rings are supposed to be something like 600 grams, 1200 g and 1500g- not what I found at all. Either the ratings are for only ONE spring and you are supposed to double it, or the ratings are simply advertising bullhockey. I suspect they are full of bull but since I did not manufacture them I could not say. I only know that my test found the penis extender is far stronger than that. My test used water loading, and I accounted for tare of the system. Friction was hard to estimate but I took several readings to get an average. Since the weight of water is known, I measured the amount of water it took to reach a certain position on the extender which was the 3 rings. It was a pretty accurate method, +/- about a quarter of an ounce for water meniscus error plus something for the tare error, but no more than around an ounce total which equals +/-28 grams.
      Where there is PE there is love and understanding.

Start, Oct. '10:
      BPEL: 7.0"
      May 2014:
      BPEL: 7 and ~7/8"
      Goals:
      2014: BPEL 8.0"
      2025: BPEL 36.0"

Comment

Originally posted by rhinoguy View Post

1. compressed down to 1 ring exposed takes 6.3 lbs. (2957g). This is a loading almost but not quite complete bottoming out so the springs are still holding the test weight.

I have read the rings are supposed to be something like 600 grams, 1200 g and 1500g- not what I found at all. Either the ratings are for only ONE spring and you are supposed to double it, or the ratings are simply advertising bullhockey. I suspect they are full of bull but since I did not manufacture them I could not say. I only know that my test found the penis extender is far stronger than that. My test used water loading, and I accounted for tare of the system. Friction was hard to estimate but I took several readings to get an average. Since the weight of water is known, I measured the amount of water it took to reach a certain position on the extender which was the 3 rings. It was a pretty accurate method, +/- about a quarter of an ounce for water meniscus error plus something for the tare error, but no more than around an ounce total which equals +/-28 grams.
        Damn rhino, you put in some work here, I have a x4 as well and I use it to end my hang session. Sometimes I'll apply a cooling bag around the base and some times I'll put the warm sock around it. I've also used chop sticks to jelq ie. Cell multipleplier, as jelqtools.com puts it to stretch and stimulate the shaft. When I do this, every 15 min I can see the stretch and crank the screw more. The last 15 mins I like to bottom out the extender tell the spring is completely compressed and I'm using the screws to extend myself.
        What are you experiences with your x4
        Funny, I've been doing this for years, now I'm doing it the right way!
        Age 18, 1998 - 5.25
        10.2010 - BPEL - 6+
        12.2010 - BPEL - 6.6
        04.2011 - BPEL - 6.9
        Going for length but girth is getting great.

Comment

I used a Digital scale, as did user Treetop in the X4 users forum to measure the force of the 600/1200/1800 gram spring sets.
          At first, the extender, without the fastening cradle was put on the scale & the scale then electronically zeroed to compensate for it's weight.
          Pressing the extender into the scales, readings close to the 600/1200/1800 at 1st/2nd/3rd lines were observed.
          I also had done "single spring" measurements where the grams measure at approximately 300/600/900 grams were observed. One can see that compressing two springs versus compressing one spring would require more force.
          Dangler
          Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
          Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Thanks Rhino and Dangler for the work and effort. My question(s) is why does hanging 7.5 lbs not feel like a lot more stress than when my extender is at the first line (1.3 lbs) and in for 1 hour? If I move the rods down to the second line (2 lbs), I need to release it after ten minutes, but I can hang 7.5 lbs for 20 minutes and probably longer if I disregarded safety precautions?
            Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
            12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
            12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
            01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
            01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
            01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
            Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Originally posted by not2big View Post
              Thanks Rhino and Dangler for the work and effort. My question(s) is why does hanging 7.5 lbs not feel like a lot more stress than when my extender is at the first line (1.3 lbs) and in for 1 hour? If I move the rods down to the second line (2 lbs), I need to release it after ten minutes, but I can hang 7.5 lbs for 20 minutes and probably longer if I disregarded safety precautions?
              Most likely it is in how the "fastening" is taking place. Take care when doing anything by "feel", that is subjective, and may invite damage to cells, long before you "feel discomfort".
              Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
              Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangler View Post
                I used a Digital scale, as did user Treetop in the X4 users forum to measure the force of the 600/1200/1800 gram spring sets. At first, the extender, without the fastening cradle was put on the scale & the scale then electronically zeroed to compensate for it's weight. Pressing the extender into the scales, readings close to the 600/1200/1800 at 1st/2nd/3rd lines were observed. I also had done "single spring" measurements where the grams measure at approximately 300/600/900 grams were observed. One can see that compressing two springs versus compressing one spring would require more force.
                Dangler
                All I know is what I found, and while my methodology used water rather than a digital scale to do the test the accuracy should be well within an ounce or two. I can dig up tests by other users who found similar discrepancies with their devices, which is what got me to wondering what mine would test at.

Tell you what, I will see if I can find a digital scale and retest it and come back again. The more of us doing these tests the more certain we can be. I don't know where I am going to find a scale (not in the drugs business ) so it may be a little while. For discrepancies that are an order of magnitude like this, I suspect X4 is throwing different springs into different devices. But we'll see. I could be wrong... it happened once.
                rhinoguy
                Last edited by rhinoguy; 11-13-2010, 09:22 AM.

Start, Oct. '10:
                May 2014:
                Goals:

Comment

You can get stronger springs for more tension as well.

Comment

Wow rhino, thank you for that! That was a great read, thank you for it!
                    It's not just Penile Enhancement, it's a way of life.
                    Millia's Dick Journey (NEW Introduction post!)

Comment

I have read the rings are supposed to be something like 600 grams, 1200 g and 1500g- not what I found at all. Either the ratings are for only ONE spring and you are supposed to double it, or the ratings are simply advertising bullhockey.
                      The doubling thing explains your findings to within a startling degree of accuracy.
                      Foreskin Restoration, PE, Peyronies, and Phimosis solutions are my life's work.

Comment

Thanks! I thought for a while today about where a person can get access to a digital scale without having to buy one. Seems like you either have to know a drug dealer which I don't, or haul the thing out at the local deli and start taking measurements on the scale until the rent-a-cop comes. Any other suggestions?

Start, Oct. '10:
                        May 2014:
                        Goals:

Comment

Working...
                        X