Your LOT and hanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your LOT and hanging

Just read a thread on "Your LOT" and a little confused!

My lot is definately 6 like most, i tested it a few times to make sure, so at 6 it states you should hang "straight out or straight up" BUT i have only been hanging for coming upto 16 weeks, are you are told (WHICH I HAVE BEEN DOING) to hang straight down or between the cheeks for the first 6 months or so.

I have made no gains as yet, do i change to straight up, like over the shoulder?

Are you sure you are measuring LOT correctly? Most guys don't have a LOT at 6 o'clock. LOT is determined to be the point on the clock face where tugback is first noted to be significantly diminished, not where it is absent altogether.

Comment

Rechecked

Rechecked and i got it the wrong way round, lol.

It's 12 oclock (not 6 oclock) i also get a LITTLE tug back at 9 oclock, so would u recommend i stay with straight down for the time being?

Thanks

Comment

You mean you get a LOSS of tugback at 9.00 right? Thats the whole point of the LOSS of tugback theory (aka LOT theory), not the FEEL of tugback theory... Otherwise it'll be called the FOT theory...

As for your questions concerning hanging, I'd recommend PM'ing Blink 2000 and asking him direct. If no joy there with him (we all have busy lives outside of this forum), perhaps have a look at BIB's forum on hanging. Just google it, apparently it has alot of info due to (to my knowledge) today's hanging methods/theories and the like having pretty much started by a guy calling himself 'BIB'...
        Start: 26/06/10
        BPEL = 6.5"
        MEG = 5.75"
        Current (24/10/10)
        BPEL = 6.75"
        MEG = 6"
        Short term goal 8 x 6 :D
        Ultimate goal 9 x 7 :eek:

Comment

4 months? What weight are you up to and what device are you using?

Most of what i've read is that most gains are made between 10 and 15lbs.
          db2
          Last edited by db2; 12-19-2010, 08:40 PM. Reason: typo
          7/20/2010 bpel 6.5 eg 5.0
          1/10/2011 bpel 7.3 eg 5.3

Comment

Originally posted by db2 View Post
            4 months? What weight are you up to and what device are you using?

Most of what i've read is that most gains are made between 10 and 15lbs.
            My starting weight is 15-16lbs (seated) decreasing as i ride the fatique, i do 6-7 x 20 min split sets morning/night.

When i first started i only did 2 sets a day with 5 1/2 lbs and i only got up to 6-7 sets 6 weeks ago, i am sure it's set's needed for growth but as yet i can not see an increase.

Comment

Originally posted by isambard View Post
              You mean you get a LOSS of tugback at 9.00 right? Thats the whole point of the LOSS of tugback theory (aka LOT theory), not the FEEL of tugback theory... Otherwise it'll be called the FOT theory...

As for your questions concerning hanging, I'd recommend PM'ing Blink 2000 and asking him direct. If no joy there with him (we all have busy lives outside of this forum), perhaps have a look at BIB's forum on hanging. Just google it, apparently it has alot of info due to (to my knowledge) today's hanging methods/theories and the like having pretty much started by a guy calling himself 'BIB'...
              No loss of tugbag is at 6.00, i have tugback strongest at 12.00 and some tugback at 9.00, i have no tugback at 6.00.

So my LOT is 6.00 right, and i will have to hang against the tugback which is straight down or between the cheeks.

Comment

Dont worry about the LOT imo. just hang.. 12sets down then 12set btc, 12set straigth out, then from the start again..

Comment

Listen guys, the whole LOT theory originated with BIB (bigger) and if you don't believe me you can go to his forum and read up on how to determine your LOT or you can post a question there which he will answer: Bib's Hangers • View topic - Bib's LOT Theory : A must-read

For most men, BIB defined LOT as the position at which visible tugback is noticeably diminished, not gone altogether. The whole value of the LOT theory has been debated considerably, but if you are going to pay any attention to it whatsoever, you need to measure it the way the guy who defined it did and does. Otherwise you are inventing something new altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by justwannabebig View Post
                    Dont worry about the LOT imo. just hang.. 12sets down then 12set btc, 12set straigth out, then from the start again..
                    Huh??? What you've just recommended is 12 hrs. 'in the hanger' time! Then... start again? You can't be serious.
                    Dugger
                    Last edited by Dugger; 12-21-2010, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by justwannabebig View Post
                      I am only asking where i go from the seated position between the legs, which i have been doing now for 4 months WITH ABSOLUELY NO GAINS!!

Do i stick with this for a couple more months, do i change to over the shoulder or straight out.

Surely 6-7 sets with 15-16lbs starting weight is enough to stimulate some growth.

Comment

First of all, if you have significant decrease in tugback at 9 o'clock relative to what you have at 12 o'clock, your LOT is 9 o'clock (or higher) not 6 o'clock. If you don't believe me, go to the link I provided and read the entire post.

Since you have a LOT of 9 o'clock (or higher) you have a reasonably high LOT, and according to the theory, you should have decent potential for length gains from ligament stretch by hanging BTC. But you have been hanging that way for around 15 hours a week at decent weight levels for 6 weeks with no gains, as I understand it.

I would be inclined to try something else as well. I would go to BIB's forum and post a thread describing exactly what you have tried: Bib's Hangers • View forum - Forums.

In addition to your LOT he will probably advise you to do a mirror and palpation test, which are described on the site. I suspect he will either tell you to simply keep doing what you are doing for another 6 weeks, or to try introducing some other angles at this point. If you aren't elevating your legs while hanging to try to achieve a true BTC angle I would suggest you do so. You might also try swinging the weight to try to stress the sides of the ligaments more.

Despite the notion that seems prevalent on this site that hanging is some kind of "magic bullet" for length gains, it isn't, at least not for everybody. I have been hanging for well over a year, and read about it for nearly a year prior to that. I have read plenty of posts from guys like yourself who have committed lots of time to hanging and got up to good weight levels without making any gains.

Comment

Originally posted by redbear52 View Post
                          First of all, if you have significant decrease in tugback at 9 o'clock relative to what you have at 12 o'clock, your LOT is 9 o'clock (or higher) not 6 o'clock. If you don't believe me, go to the link I provided and read the entire post.

Since you have a LOT of 9 o'clock (or higher) you have a reasonably high LOT, and according to the theory, you should have decent potential for length gains from ligament stretch by hanging BTC. But you have been hanging that way for around 15 hours a week at decent weight levels for 6 weeks with no gains, as I understand it.

I would be inclined to try something else as well. I would go to BIB's forum and post a thread describing exactly what you have tried: Bib's Hangers • View forum - Forums.

In addition to your LOT he will probably advise you to do a mirror and palpation test, which are described on the site. I suspect he will either tell you to simply keep doing what you are doing for another 6 weeks, or to try introducing some other angles at this point. If you aren't elevating your legs while hanging to try to achieve a true BTC angle I would suggest you do so. You might also try swinging the weight to try to stress the sides of the ligaments more.

Despite the notion that seems prevalent on this site that hanging is some kind of "magic bullet" for length gains, it isn't, at least not for everybody. I have been hanging for well over a year, and read about it for nearly a year prior to that. I have read plenty of posts from guys like yourself who have committed lots of time to hanging and got up to good weight levels without making any gains.
                          OK, will do but thx for the advise!!

Comment

Originally posted by redbear52 View Post
                            I must admit I am leaning towards that way of thinking. Be it because of (what I feel to be) my lack of gains in the length department or just my interpretation and perception from what I have read on hanging these past 6 months.

What has your experience with hanging been like so far RB?
                            BPEL = 6.5"
                            MEG = 5.75"
                            Current (24/10/10)
                            BPEL = 6.75"
                            MEG = 6"

Comment

Originally posted by simba View Post
                              No loss of tugbag is at 6.00, i have tugback strongest at 12.00 and some tugback at 9.00, i have no tugback at 6.00.

So my LOT is 6.00 right, and i will have to hang against the tugback which is straight down or between the cheeks.
                              I thought having a LOT of 6.00 meant you'd benefit more by hanging over the shoulder (OTS)...?

'When LOT is 6:00-7:00: potential gains from low hanging and stretching is low enough to ignore ligament stretching. Focus should be placed on stretching the tunica by high angle stretching and hanging'. Quoted from BIB's LOT Theory at Thunders.
                              BPEL = 6.5"
                              MEG = 5.75"
                              Current (24/10/10)
                              BPEL = 6.75"
                              MEG = 6"

Comment

Working...
                              X