Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a good BIB-hanger startup procedure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good BIB-hanger startup procedure?

Please remember this:
    A set should be 20 minutes long, followed by a 10 minute rest period, to return full circulation before next set.

You must start at a low weight, 2-5 lbs (0.9 - 2.3Kg), for 2-3 sets only pr day for the first week.

Then, weekly add one daily set until you reach your available privacy time (max 4 hours, twelve 20 minute sets).

Then, when the number of sets are stabilized, you can begin to add weight, 1-2 lbs (0.5 - 1Kg) per week (about 15% or so), until you reach fatigue within the first set or two.

We are now at what I call the current max weight. Reduce the weight after set 2 or 3 as needed to ride the fatigue and remain comfortable for the following sets of the day.

Day 01 - Week 01 - 2.0Kg:
    19:20-19:40
    20:00-20:20
    20:35-20:55

The startup description above is essentially BIB's but I have re-written and clarified and spelled it out in no uncertain terms.
    Does it look correct ?

I just started today as noted above with 3 sets @ 4lbs. Went OK, no problems.
    Only thing I noticed was a weak pain/discomfort in the left groin area, between thigh and stomach, feels a bit like squeezing the left test.
    It went away 30mins after last set.
    Gnome
    Last edited by Gnome; 03-20-2011, 03:13 PM.
    Starting (january 05, 2011)

BPEL: 6.3" X 5.2"
    BPFSL: 6.8"

Looks good to me, and maybe you have made one thing Bib says clearer. That is the part about reducing weight to ride the fatigue. I am at present hanging 22.5lbs and only do 2 or 3 sets. Maybe I'll reduce it to 12-15 lbs after the first 2 or 3 sets and do a few more, I only limit myself because I get numb for several hours, but I've been getting good results. As you move up in weight you have to tighten the hanger more which equals reduction in circulation and causes some numbness.
    diamondback
    Last edited by diamondback; 03-21-2011, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by diamondback View Post
      .........I am at present hanging 22.5lbs and only do 2 or 3 sets. Maybe I'll reduce it to 12-15 lbs after the first 2 or 3 sets and do a few more, I only limit myself because I get numb for several hours, but I've been getting good results.........
      Hi, You're hanging heavy loads!
      How did you progress (when did you start to see gains and how did gains develop over time), how much did you gain, and how long did it take ?

I've attached a simple spreadsheet log that I'll try to follow as closely as possible.
      Later when or if I see gains I'll modify it so it draws graphs on time/load/gains.
      Should make it very easy to spot plateaus when they develop.
      Use as your own if you wish.
      It was exported from OpenOffice but I think it should open OK in M$ too.
      Attached Files
      Gnome
      Last edited by Gnome; 03-22-2011, 04:55 AM.
      Starting (january 05, 2011)

BPEL: 6.3" X 5.2"
      BPFSL: 6.8"

Comment

Working...
      X