Traction Wrap? Is it safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traction Wrap? Is it safe?

I read the article in the penis exercises by PhibbysHammer."Traction Wrap 101". I am quite interested in trying this out because I tend to still turtle quite a lot! I guess the best time to put the wrap on would be after my routine. I have also added edging after my routine. Would it be best to edge after my routine or after I wrap my penis? I also would like to know how long the tape should be left on? The big question is, is it safe to use traction wrap on your penis and have any other members have good results with this wrap? I would appreciate any feedback from all the members who have tried it?
    Thanks Spunkie

I tried with athletic tape and it was uncomfortable and painful to remove. I've also used an ace bandage or an ankle wrap with just enough tension to provide friction sufficient to prevent turtling but not to stop blood flow to your glands (they'll feel cool to the touch if you do). I'll wrap after my routine and go to bed. If I wake up and I'm uncomfortable, I remove the wrap.

When you ask "after you wrap" do you mean "while I'm wrapped" or "after the wrap is removed". If you try while you're wrapped your shaft won't expand. Not sure about after the wrap is removed.

hope it works for you.

Comment

Sorry about the confusion namsokiek, what I mean't was that should I edge at the end of my routine. Then apply the traction wrap. Or should I apply the wrap then edge after I have removed the wrap. When you are speaking of the athletic tape your are referring to the self adhesive tape. I would be carefull about going to bed with it. How long have you been doing this? I bought the 2 types of tape and are going to try one of them tonight. Will leave it on for maybe 15 to 20 minutes, don't want to over do it.

Comment

I have been trying to traction wrap for days now and I too have tried with athletic tape, 2 different kinds, and they were uncomfortable and painful to remove, and to wear. I also have a turtling problem so I even bought some finger sleeves but they were to small. So then I thought of a penis sleeve to keep it from turtling and went on the net and found some jelled stretchy penis sleeves that I think might work. About traction wrapping though, I am still learning and I have to find just the right material, so I can have my penis slightly stretched and have it comfortable enough to wear it all night.
        Start Sept. 2011
        Progress Log

Comment

Have you tried the jelled penis sleeve out yet? I think I've seen them but can't really remember where. Would be interested to see how they work?

Comment

Here is a link for the ace bandage.

Buy Ace 2 Inch Elastic Bandage with Velcro Online at drugstore.com}

Easy to wrap, easy to adjust compression, easy to remove.

Comment

Although I've done wrapping a few times now for hanging, I've wrapped for traction only once and I did it incorrectly. My dick went cold and bluish coloured very quickly so when you do it at first keep a close eye on yourself. I'm going to try again soon because now I have the proper theraband stuff, and I will be making sure I can do it at a time that I can leave my pants off so I can make sure everything is safe. I think it takes some practice to get the right amount of force applied. Also sleeping while traction wrapped is not generally not recommended, even after you've got it all figured out.

Comment

I tried the adhesive traction wrap last night. It was a little difficult to put it on by yourself, would have been nice if I had another set of hands. Left it on for about 20 minutes. The glans were pumped up because I did a couple of reverse kegels. I noticed that my glans where getting cold but just more or less started turning a darker red than normal. XitemeM you might have put the wrap on to tight. How long did you leave the wrap on? I agree with you XitemeM that it's not recommended to go to sleep with this wrap on.

Comment

Originally posted by spunkie View Post
                  XitemeM you might have put the wrap on to tight. How long did you leave the wrap on?
                  I think it was only around 10 minutes or so. I put a stretchy bandage on and then forgot about it. I felt like I had to wrap it to a certain tightness though otherwise it would turtle up (or just not want to be stretched). I think it takes both practice, and I think there is some conditioning involved as well. I reckon it should work better for me now though using theraband, because it's a bit sticky, and should help to keep it from slipping out of the stretched position. It obviously works for many guys as it has been used for some time as a post exercise maintenance, just got to get it right

Comment

Sorry about getting back so late, forgot about this thread. Ok so you left it on about 10 minutes or so. I left mine on for about 1/2 an hour these last couple of night and did not feel any discomfort. It's been a week now that I tried the traction wrap and haven't really tutle that much. I find it really awkward to hold your glans with 2 fingers and hold the tape with your thumb. It would help if we had another set of hands. I don't know if this is a good idea or not but it seems to work fine for me. I start with about 18 inches of the adhesive wrap pulling my glans as much as possible, I try to get as close to my glans as possible. I make about 2 or 3 turns and keep going down the shaft. Oh I forgot to mention I do a reverse kegel to fill my glans full of blood. Then I take a second piece of adhesive wrap about 10 inches long. I'll again pull my glans to pull my shaft, there is usually some loose skin under my glans. I'll wrap that skin with that second piece of tape to the end of my shaft. It sounds a little confusing but it does the job because I find it hard to get that first piece of wrap started, can't get it near enough to my glans to cover all that skin/

Comment

Stealth Innerwear anybody try this,if so..how is it?

Comment

Working...
                      X