Pump injury?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump injury?

Has anyone experienced injuries or such from pumping? If so, what happened and did it get better? Just curious.

If you've gotten edema, it usually just goes down over a few days back to normal, as does little blood spots. But more serious stuff like burst veins, depends on the vein and its location could be very serious or minor that needs some weeks off, but both should see a uro asap.

Comment

In most cases edema is gone in a few hours, it is not usually an issue. Little red spots known as petechiae are also quite common and I get them from time to time when pumping but once again they usually are gone in a short amount of time. If you keep going or over do it these little red spots can become much larger and cause bruising.
      I had suffered a case of bruising on my one eyed cave dweller from over pressurization. I actually popped it with a needle, yes, I really did this and it alsoheeled pretty quickly after I did so. I was out for about 5 days if memory serves me. That is my only injury from pumping so far. This is why it is recommended to start at low pressure and have a guage. i had followed the manufactureres direction that claimed I could pump from 5 to 10 hg safely and so I pumped er up to eight and kept it there for 15 minutes. OOPS. It did not feel much more intense then 5 hg did but it was decieving to say the least.
      Have you suffered an injury ThomasJohnThomas
      Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

No, I have not, but I still only have the pump without a gauge. I started using it again yesterday. I only have it on for a couple of minutes at a time. I know a gauge is recomended (especialy by sites who sell them)

Comment

You can buy a guage from an auto parts store, tell them you need a brake bleed kit. Its the same thing and has a guage just like the pumps sell you. It is a vacuum pressure guage. Should be very cheap. You are correct though about those who sell them, they will surely tell you that you need one or you can have a guy like me who has nothing to gain tell you that you need one too. Sounds like your staying pretty safe so far, just be carefull.

Comment

Know anything about this one? http://www1.dealextreme.com/producti...u_100418_1.jpg

Comment

Swelling that went down in a few days and a discoloration that looked bruise-like. but nothing serious.

Comment

dont know about the pump, never seen one like it but the guage looks good

Comment

Working...
                X