Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progressive Weight Hanging. Gain More In Less Time

Progressive Weight Hanging.

Where to begin. Many men get into weight hanging with preset notions. I guess you could say the same for men who approach other types of PE as well. Things have been done a certain way for a certain time, so that must be the only way to do them. Many men see results approaching hanging the way the men before them have done it. However, a great number of men simply, do not. The old standby per se is get yourself a hanger and learn how to wrap. Once you figure out the basics of wrapping and hanger fit, your next task is adapting your penis to the weights. Most of us agree on the "low and slow" approach to weight progression. It is usually advised to start with one to two pounds for a beginner's weight regardless of past PE experience. Hanging is after all, a "new beast". Most hanger devices grip the penis quite differently than a hand can, placing more pressure on usually a much smaller area. One thing this does is make the amount of weight used seem heavier than it is. Most men eventually figure out how to make decent progress on the weight levels they hang with. They add a pound or two per week for their first month or two. Then, the focus tends to (for whatever the reason) shift away from continuing to force re-adaptation of the penis to a focus on sticking with the current weight they have worked so hard to get to, and hanging much more time with it.

Many men work up to hanging six or more sets per day, five days per week, and all with the same weight. Lowering the weight a little as needed when fatigue hits. However, when the following week rolls around again, it's back to that same weight from the week before. I have met men who hang upwards of twelve or more sets per day. They work from home usually and have the time to do so. Some of these men make very good gains with this approach. However, you have to ask yourself a simple question. The question that comes to my mind is "Who can really hang this much???" For most men, the answer is "not me!". Not only that, but I do not care how much you multitask while you hang, eventually it gets old fast and PE, regardless of the type you engage in is not supposed to consume your life.

I think it is time that many of us take another look at what we are doing with our hanging routines. Have your gains come to a halt, or has it been more than a couple months since you have made a gain that you can actually measure? Do you find yourself hanging more than three days in a row within the same week before you hit fatigue and have to lower your hanging weight? I would like to introduce you to a concept called "progressive hanging". The basic idea behind progressive hanging is very simple. If you are using a weight level that does not give you fatigue to the point that you need to lower your weight by the second day of each week you are not using enough weight and need to add one to two pounds to your current weight. You continue to add one to two pounds until you find that weight level that requires the weight reduction by the second day of each week.

A quick example of what this routine would look like using some EXAMPLE weight levels:

Monday: 15lbs, hung 3 sets, 15 minutes each

Tuesday: 15lbs, hung 2 sets, 15 minutes each. Had to drop to 13lbs to hang the third set.

Wednesday: 15lbs, only managed 1 set, dropped to 13lbs for 1 set, 12lbs for the third.

Thursday: 15lbs could not be done, too much tissue fatigue. Managed 13lbs for two sets, 12lbs for the third.

Friday: 13lbs for one set, 12lbs for 1, 10lbs for third.

Took Saturday/Sunday off.

Monday start over with 15lbs.

So, using this approach, you start each week attempting to hang the weight you started the previous week with. You continue to shoot for a required weight reduction on the second day of each week. If you do not need to reduce your weight on day two, add first one pound, test that new weight and if you can hang it, try two pounds. Try to hang as much as you can that day with the new weight. If you are able to hang all three sets with the new weight, add another pound or two on the following day. Eventually, you will find the new weight level that will cause you to hit fatigue and require a weight reduction to finish your sets. You will notice, this approach focuses on three sets per day. I feel that with the progressive hanging approach three sets is plenty of time per day. That is mainly because, you are now focusing on reaching fatigue and forcing your penis to re-adapt every time it gets used to the weight level you are using.

Now, from my experience, a time does eventually come when you are not adding more weight every week. Sometimes, it's only once a month. When your weight progression slows, this is likely because the fatigue is being maintained for a longer period of time with your heaviest weight. You are still finding yourself having to reduce weight as before, but each week the reduction is still happening around the same day and similar set number. Believe it or not, this is not the time to adopt the "I've arrived" mentality. You will eventually stop seeing new gains. This is when you start getting creative and doing things like forcing a little extra fatigue. How do you do that? Very simple. On the first day of the week, go ahead and add a pound to your heaviest weight that you start your week with. Hang your sets for the day and use that same weight (+1lb) on the next day. If you are able to hang more than your first set with that new weight, you know what you need to do. Add another pound.

I'm not saying this is the "end all, be all" approach to hanging by the way. However, it has worked over the last year for me and the men I share it with.

For links to more information such as how to wrap, how to size your wraps, how to place your hanger, etc check out the first paragraph on this page.
    malehanger
    Banned
    Last edited by malehanger; 08-10-2012, 07:02 AM.

Hey Malehanger, im interested in trying this routine.. Currently i try to hang 5 sets a day, but it is VERY time consuming. Im thinking about giving this a try..How has it worked out for you>?

Comment

Originally posted by LOveMEat View Post
      Hey Malehanger, im interested in trying this routine.. Currently i try to hang 5 sets a day, but it is VERY time consuming. Im thinking about giving this a try..How has it worked out for you>?
      So far pretty well in my opinion. I've gained a little over one inch this past year-ish. That's counting the last 3 months off from hanging due to life keeping me busy and focused on other things.

Comment

Hey, malehanger

You and I are basically using the same routine and weight!!!
        ....and I agree, hanging is a bitch...but you can't argue with the results!!!
        Lurked since 2010
        start ----> 6" BPEL 2010
        current -> 8-1/2" BPEL 2013 :biggrin1:
        Goal ----> 9" BPEL 20??
        Done with hanging...

Comment

I have been using this approach as of the last two weeks, I have not measured but I can telll you that the flacid hang is obviously better and the wife has confirmed this with smiles and a new sense of "can I touch it" syndrome. There is no doubt that I will see an improvement when I measure tonight. I would also like to say I can not claim any credit for doing this system of hanging on my own as Malehanger had shared this with me. Thank you sincerely from the bottom of my wifes heart.
          This approach is much more satisfying to myself for more than one reason and I will list a couple of them. I have always tried to maintain the ten hours a week and if you look at my progress thread you will see that I have been damn consistent. All this hanging has worked but there are some negative side effects.
          1) two much damn time, yes I would need three or so hours to complete six sets.
          2) More time in a hanger equals more tenderness on your skin and that fellow gets some what sore after 6 sets of 20 minutes.
          3) My wife always is asking me when are you going to be done!
          4) plain and simply all this time was stealing time I should have been spending taking my kids to the park, fishing and or just any other goofing off we should be doing together.
          5) I wasnt taking any days off and this, as mentioned above was starting to consume all of the free time I had.

If I had a job at home and worked from my computer I would surely have no issue with the time that some guys put in but I am in construction and I plain and simply do not have the time to do this daily but with the new schedule of three and done and not having to go every day I have found more time for my family and myself. this is a good thing.
          The other thing I noticed as a plus is that if I take a day off and hit it with the weight I am at I can promise that I have not healed up enough to have any negative side effects that would stop growth, to be honest it has seemed to be quite the opposite and I have found that 2 or 3 days in a row with a day off is working splendidly for me.
          thanks for the great concept Malehanger, I am quite certain that this may be a fantastic solution for all that may want to try hanging but have always felt that they do not have the time. Just start slow and be safe out there and enjoy this as with any other form of PE.
          Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Originally posted by SilurianSoldier View Post
            Hey, malehanger

You and I are basically using the same routine and weight!!!
            ....and I agree, hanging is a bitch...but you can't argue with the results!!!
            I don't see hanging as a bitch, rather a woman you learn to love and put up with The weights I posted above were for example. My last weight level I was using before I started this current break was 30lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by BigO View Post
              I have been using this approach as of the last two weeks, I have not measured but I can telll you that the flacid hang is obviously better and the wife has confirmed this with smiles and a new sense of "can I touch it" syndrome. There is no doubt that I will see an improvement when I measure tonight. I would also like to say I can not claim any credit for doing this system of hanging on my own as Malehanger had shared this with me. Thank you sincerely from the bottom of my wifes heart.
              This approach is much more satisfying to myself for more than one reason and I will list a couple of them. I have always tried to maintain the ten hours a week and if you look at my progress thread you will see that I have been damn consistent. All this hanging has worked but there are some negative side effects.
              2) More time in a hanger equals more tenderness on your skin and that fellow gets some what sore after 6 sets of 20 minutes.
              4) plain and simply all this time was stealing time I should have been spending taking my kids to the park, fishing and or just any other goofing off we should be doing together.
              5) I wasnt taking any days off and this, as mentioned above was starting to consume all of the free time I had.

If I had a job at home and worked from my computer I would surely have no issue with the time that some guys put in but I am in construction and I plain and simply do not have the time to do this daily but with the new schedule of three and done and not having to go every day I have found more time for my family and myself. this is a good thing.
              The other thing I noticed as a plus is that if I take a day off and hit it with the weight I am at I can promise that I have not healed up enough to have any negative side effects that would stop growth, to be honest it has seemed to be quite the opposite and I have found that 2 or 3 days in a row with a day off is working splendidly for me.
              thanks for the great concept Malehanger, I am quite certain that this may be a fantastic solution for all that may want to try hanging but have always felt that they do not have the time. Just start slow and be safe out there and enjoy this as with any other form of PE.
              Thanks for the kind words there BigO! See, now you can spend more time chasing your wife around the bed too!

Comment

But BigO, if im not mistaken.. havent you tried this approach before with no avail? or was that like a one-on-one off routine you were on..

Comment

I will try this way tommorow. Im going to begin with 8.5lbs (my max) and try to hit fatigue.. Normally I just start each day with a max weight that brings fatigue in the 1st or 2nd set. This seems to be the same routine as bib's, just with less sets??

Comment

But BigO, if im not mistaken.. havent you tried this approach before with no avail? or was that like a one-on-one off routine you were on..
                    This was a few months ago and I wast trying to go one on and one off, I had no luck at that point but I believe there were many contributing factors. I was using a captains wench that wasnt effectively supporting the weight I was attempting to use. I was also trying to pump on inbetween days and I started to feel as if the pumping was counter productive and led to overtraining. It semed great at first but I acyually lost a tad bit of length.
                    The other thing i that after my initial gains I got stuck in the water and feel as if I hadto hit a weight that would force deformation in my ligs and they must have been tough. I have recently started to see some change since I have hit 17 lbs and I know I am growing again. Some people think they will grow at low weights and they may but I feel as if the journey to the weight I am at finally will pay off. This also leads me to believe that tough gainers need to stick it out and sometimes it may take some months to see results but when you finally achieve a weight that hits you right I think they have broken a barrier and will gain like any one else.
                    So yes, I tried a one on and one off aproach and it did not work, I wasnt actually doing this. I am still using 4 sets a day but will be satisfied with three. PE is definately an experimental journey for me and will continue to be so for the rest of my life.
                    Last edited by BigO; 03-06-2012, 03:50 PM.

Comment

This was a few months ago and I wast trying to go one on and one off, I had no luck at that point but I believe there were many contributing factors. I was using a captains wench that wasnt effectively supporting the weight I was attempting to use. I was also trying to pump on inbetween days and I started to feel as if the pumping was counter productive and led to overtraining. It semed great at first but I acyually lost a tad bit of length.
                      The other thing i that after my initial gains I got stuck in the water and feel as if I hadto hit a weight that would force deformation in my ligs and they must have been tough. I have recently started to see some change since I have hit 17 lbs and I know I am growing again. Some people think they will grow at low weights and they may but I feel as if the journey to the weight I am at finally will pay off. This also leads me to believe that tough gainers need to stick it out and sometimes it may take some months to see results but when you finally achieve a weight that hits you right I think they have broken a barrier and will gain like any one else.
                      So yes, I tried a one on and one off aproach and it did not work, I wasnt actually doing this. I am still using 4 sets a day but will be satisfied with three. PE is definately an experimental journey for me and will continue to be so for the rest of my life.
                      Im glad you have found a weight that really works for you! haha, I haven't been able to get past 8.5lbs for about 3 weeks now.. I do see better results from hanging heavy then reducing weight to remain comfortable. It just seemed like blahsphemy on bib's forum so i always try to do 4 or more sets a day. IDK experiment and see what happens. im just waiting for the day i can stop hanging and start getting some girth on this pencil dick o' mine.

Comment

Bib (Bigger) doesnt say that 4 sets a day is a problem, He is set on getting at least 10 hours a week and no rest days. Four sets a day would result in over 9 hours a week. With any routine I believe the basics or core of the routine are the essential parts of it. even while hanging with this style one can make some modifications if they chooes, the major difference with this is that the emphasis is on the steady progression of the weight used wrather than the amount of time being the primary focus.
                        one suggests that you should go a minimum of ten hours a week so odds are that one would progress a bit more slowly with increasing the weight where the other will allow you to increase weight at a quicker pace overall. I dont know if this is the best analogy but if you will, it is like saying I will do 5 sets of 5 reps @ 200lbs on bench as opposed to 10 sets of 10lbs @ 100. they both will do something but the results are different based on the make up of the individual. This approach will yield results in less time.
                        No routine is a guarentee for all and for some this may be the best approach, for some it may not but if I were a betting man I think this will work wonders for those that are considered hard gainers.
                        I personally did 5 sets today but I hd some extra time, I am trying for four sets a day myself but I will definately take a day or two off a week. as long as I get in three I will be happy where with the other approach I felt as if I failed if i didnt get in 6 sets per day.
                        Last edited by BigO; 03-06-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Yes, I see what your saying now dude. I think that this might be the way to go for us "hard-gainers". At least im hoping that. All i know is that everytime that i've increased the max, it seemed that my flaccid hang was way better than sticking to a lower weight all week. Time will tell, but i'm gonna start this tommorow... I do have a question though, if I can't increase the weight more, do i remain at the current max until i can increase the weight?...For example

Week 1

Mon-Fri
                          1st Set: 8.5lbs
                          2nd Set: 8.5lbs
                          3rd Set:7.5(fatigue causes the weight to be lowered)
                          4th Set:7.5 @ 10mins, 6.5 @ 10 mins (Fatigue)

Week 2
                          1st Set: Try to do 9.5lbs but it is too much (pain)
                          2nd Set: continue at current max of 8.5lbs
                          3rd Set:8.5
                          4th Set:7.5

you get the picture...What if my penis never allows more weight? it probably will, but lets say that the next week i just cant move up in weight...Wouldn't this just be the same theory that bib describes.. again.

Comment

Yes, I see what your saying now dude. I think that this might be the way to go for us "hard-gainers". At least im hoping that. All i know is that everytime that i've increased the max, it seemed that my flaccid hang was way better than sticking to a lower weight all week. Time will tell, but i'm gonna start this tommorow... I do have a question though, if I can't increase the weight more, do i remain at the current max until i can increase the weight?...For example

Week 1

Mon-Fri

Week 2
                            1st Set: Try to do 9.5lbs but it is too much (pain)
                            2nd Set: continue at current max of 8.5lbs
                            3rd Set:8.5
                            4th Set:7.5

you get the picture...What if my penis never allows more weight? it probably will, but lets say that the next week i just cant move up in weight...Wouldn't this just be the same theory that bib describes.. again.
                            I'd like to know some things about what you're doing. First, what are you wrapping with? What materials and how much (lengthwise) of each? What's your erect girth? What hanger are you using? How many screw threads show on the adjustment nuts bolts between the adjustment nuts and the hanger hinge? With what you are currently doing with your wrap and hanger settings, are your top teeth meshed completely together? Is your hanger absolutely as tight as it can possibly be? After a few minutes of hanging, are you tightening more? When I hang, I am able to pull as hard as I can physically with my upper body (after I have done all additional tightening) and my hanger will not budge, period.

Please answer these questions. This where I started with BigO. I'm mainly wanting to see if we can tweak some things you are currently doing to improve your comfort. I have a feeling either your wrap style, hanger settings, or both are keeping you from moving up in weight rather than your penis.

Oh and when you show:

Mon-Fri

Does this mean this is what's going on every day? That you start every day at 8.5lbs and use it the first two sets before dropping to the 7.5lbs? Ideally, you should be dropping weight by day two at the latest, and using lower and lower weight throughout the week.

One other thing I meant to ask above, are you seeing red spots, or bruising when you try to move up in weight?
                            malehanger
                            Banned
                            Last edited by malehanger; 03-07-2012, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by malehanger View Post
                              I'd like to know some things about what you're doing. First, what are you wrapping with? What materials and how much (lengthwise) of each? What's your erect girth? What hanger are you using? How many screw threads show on the adjustment nuts bolts between the adjustment nuts and the hanger hinge? With what you are currently doing with your wrap and hanger settings, are your top teeth meshed completely together? Is your hanger absolutely as tight as it can possibly be? After a few minutes of hanging, are you tightening more? When I hang, I am able to pull as hard as I can physically with my upper body (after I have done all additional tightening) and my hanger will not budge, period.

Please answer these questions. This where I started with BigO. I'm mainly wanting to see if we can tweak some things you are currently doing to improve your comfort. I have a feeling either your wrap style, hanger settings, or both are keeping you from moving up in weight rather than your penis.

Oh and when you show:

Mon-Fri

Does this mean this is what's going on every day? That you start every day at 8.5lbs and use it the first two sets before dropping to the 7.5lbs? Ideally, you should be dropping weight by day two at the latest, and using lower and lower weight throughout the week.

One other thing I meant to ask above, are you seeing red spots, or bruising when you try to move up in weight?
                              You may have a point here, okay...so my wrap is JUST ace wrap (15 inches). My erect girth is (4.5 inches), I am using a bib starter, and it has give or take(~23) threads from bolt to bolt.
                              So far when i move up in weight I don't have any injuries because i remove the extra weight if it is too uncomfortable. To be honest the hanger is pretty tight with top teeth meshed together. The only thing that happens when i tighten and pulse push is that the hanger will move up and sit around the shoulders of the head. I'm thinking that you might be right about my wrap settings not being sufficient, many times the ace wrap pinches the skin because of the rough material, but i don't know what else to use..

To answer ur question about the weight dropping..
                              Yes i start each day with my max and drop weight to remain comfortable. There was a point in my hanging that I would start at a weight that was less than max weight, but I guess I got lost somewhere?

What would you recommend I do ? (thanks for your help!)

Comment

Working...
                              X