Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about hanging but got a few questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about hanging but got a few questions.

Okay so I have been manually stretching for over a year now and I gained a solid inch in about 6 months but have seen very little in length gains since the first 6 months and I feel that it may be time to try hanging to get that second (final) inch.

My questions are as follows:

What is an approximate amount of time/day and sets to make gains?

Is it realistic to assume that an inch could be gained in 6 months to a year with smart and safe hanging?

Is hanging using the Bib Hanger difficult or relatively simple and straightforward?

My current size is 7"BPEL x 5-5.1"MEG so which hanger would be best; starter or original?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. I am not entirely sure as to whether or not I am going to hang but after several months with no gains it seems like the logical next step.

Thanks Men
    Jrems

At least 5 days a week, Everyone reacts differently so I would say 3 or more sets at a time, more is better. Get the starter, the regular is big even though it says for 6 inch bpel dont get it. There is a learning curve and it will take aweek or so, sometimes longer.
    Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

I own the regular and do not recommend it! It is a great product but it is a pain to attach.
      PE is a lot like sex. First you have to find your technique, rotate your routine, and then plan on it taking a while. Then you will find satisfaction.

Comment

Thanks for the replies! Sounds like the starter is the way to go (good because it's cheaper ).

Any thoughts on realistic gains or other helpful tips?

I think that my routine would look something like this:
        Week 1-2 1 set 20 mins @ 2.5#
        Week 3-4 2 sets 20 mins @ 2.5#
        Week 5-6 3 sets 20 mins @ 2.5#
        Week 6-7 2 sets 20 mins @ 3.5-5# depending on PI's and comfort
        Week 8-9 3 sets 20 mins @ 3.5-5#

And this would continue on until I made the gains I am seeking. Do you gentlemen advise adding weight more quickly or perhaps more than 3 sets? I am under the impression that slow and steady may be the key to great gains with hanging.

Any and all help appreciated!

Comment

I am not trying to be a jerk but you gained an inch in length which is GREAT so what not just work on the girth for now and get it up there for a while? Balance is key in both areas.
          Begin 7/25/2011:
          NBPEL 7, BPEL 7.2, MEG 5.6, BEG 6

Current 12/05/2014:
          FL 5.25, FG 5.2
          NBPEL 7.8, BPEL 8.1, UEG 5.75, MEG 6.25, BEG 6.7

Long:
          UEG:MEG 6.5

https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...henewuser.html

Comment

I completely understand where you are coming from newdude. I tried clamping a few months back and that combined with jelqing was obviously going to lead to gains for me. I have seen threads and stories written about how it is difficult to gain length after solid girth gains have been made so I figured a length first girth second approach might be best. Am I right or wrong, time will tell.

I admit that I am not in love with the thought of a 7.5 x 5 as it will likely look a bit skinny but I would obviously have to get there first in order to have that issue!

Basically I think I can gain half an inch girth easily with clamping so I want to determine whether or not the same can be said for length with hanging and it seems that will be the case; time for some execution.

Thanks for replying!

Comment

Just an aside; I don't think I would have found this if I had your starting measurements considering you were over an inch in length and about an inch in girth larger than I at my start.

Comment

found this site*

Comment

Get as many hanging sets in per session. 3 sets should be the minimum.
                  Mighty oaks from little acorns grow!
                  Wolfemothers Progress Log

Comment

Three sets minimum, gotcha. So a hanging routine should be more than 1 hour and probably 2-3 hours per day?

Comment

Go for it. Im glad i made the commitment. Im only doing three sets a day, with the occasional 1 set day.

Comment

@ Revolved: how long have you been at it and have you seen any gains thus far?

Comment

Well I if you have lots of time then stay lowish weight for maximum sets possible then only when you lose the fatigue should you increase weight then lower the reps back to 3 then build again. The mistake is to crank up the weight to quickly, this is believe to strengthen the ligs instead of steady creep elongation.

Originally posted by jrems View Post
                          Three sets minimum, gotcha. So a hanging routine should be more than 1 hour and probably 2-3 hours per day?
                          Mighty oaks from little acorns grow!
                          Wolfemothers Progress Log

Comment

Ideal would be splitting the sets up in the morning and nights. I try to do three hangs in the morning and two at night. Keeps me nice and fatigued. I like to do two at night because of the set of clamping or edging.
                            PE is a lot like sex. First you have to find your technique, rotate your routine, and then plan on it taking a while. Then you will find satisfaction.

Comment

Okay I like all of this information. Here's what I got so far:

Slow and steady wins the race.
                              Add weight in small increments as fatigue lessens.
                              At least 3 sets per day.
                              Morning and night sets may increase fatigue and effectiveness of the hanging leading to better gains.

Comment

Working...
                              X