Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging weights

Hey Gents,
    I ordered my hanger today and a 2.5lb weight from dicks sporting goods. I heard that you should add about 1lb per week judging by how you feel. Where do you get 1lbs weights. I have never seen a one pound plate before. I want to be prepared to add the weights

Appreciate it,
    PapaF
    2013 ---4/1-- 5/1----6/1----9/1
    NBPEL – 6.25--- 6.5"----6.5"------6.65"
    BPEL--- 6.65" ----7"------7"-------7.15
    EG – ----4.5' -----4.5"----4.5"------

Just add a pound of anything around the house to your hanger. I went from 2.5 to 5 and didn't have any issue. You may not be able to go for the whole time but it will help you move up weight. Good luck with hanging... I love it
    12-5-11 --- 7-4-14
    6.1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9 7.1.2.3
    4.7.8.9 5.1.2.3.4.5.6.7

Beginner's Guide-What to Expect
    The League Of PE Legends
    2014 Make Your Dick Bigger Challenge!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bnip View Post
      Just add a pound of anything around the house to your hanger. I went from 2.5 to 5 and didn't have any issue. You may not be able to go for the whole time but it will help you move up weight. Good luck with hanging... I love it
      Appreciate it Bnip. I am going to start with 3x 20 minute sets per day and add an extra set a week in. You are supposed to start with the BTC hanging position. Could you explain that to me please?

Comment

I started straight down standing and then moved to btc. Btc is where your feet are on a chair in front if you and the weight hangs between the chair your sitting on and the chair in front of you. It's an intense stretch. I would read and reread hanging 101. Alot of information.
        12-5-11 --- 7-4-14
        6.1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9 7.1.2.3
        4.7.8.9 5.1.2.3.4.5.6.7

Beginner's Guide-What to Expect
        The League Of PE Legends
        2014 Make Your Dick Bigger Challenge!!!

Comment

If you are getting gains at a 5lb hang I would stick with it until you stop gaining. Its just my opinion, but I went from 2.5 to 5 and haven't increased since. I have seen big fast gains in the last few months and if they keep coming why add more. Keep in mind I pull the heck out of my dick most of the time before I hang 5lb.

Comment

20lb Ankle Weights: Gold's Gym Pair of 20 lb Adjustable Ankle Weights: Exercise & Fitness : Walmart.com - ($19) / (can adjust from 4-20 lbs per pair or 2-10 lbs per ankle) (2lb increments).

That's only 2lbs though. I'm sure they sell them w/ 1lb bags.
            I doubt most people do 1lb additions per week. Ive seen people do 2.5-3-4-5lb increases without any issues. Attachment can become an issue though.

You can find smaller fishing weights that go by a ounce rating and put them into a sack/plastic bag, or wrap them in duct tape/ETC. Then just attach that to whatever you're using, weight plates, ETC.

Comment

HAHAH Go old school, hang a Gallon Milk Jug, and add water till top then goto a heavier substance, ie rocks or other ideas

Comment

I have to get a word in here.

When I see someone who thinks adding weight per time duration i.e.: once week, I cringe. That is totally the wrong approach to hanging.

What should be the criteria to adding weight is a loss of gains. When you arbitrarily add weight in the manner you describe it is disaster in the making.

I gained over 2" in 14 months and never exceeded 20 pounds. I accomplished that by only increasing weight when my gains slowed or stopped.
                If you want to avoid dangerous weight levels and possible injury then a more rational approach needs to be implemented.

1: keep accurate records on a calendar. Measure all you want but only record on the calendar once a month. This way you can easily see change. Daily measuring brings too many variables as you will easily see over time.

2: When you see gains slow or stop then there are many things you can do to continue progress without increasing weight.
                Those things are: Angles of stress. If your only doing straight down hanging then you should consider Bungee hanging from the SO (straight-Out) position because with it you can twist your hips and change the angle of stress to one side or other i.e.: OTL. Now in addition to that other techniques can be applied that will facilitate additional perpetuation of gains. I speak now of fulcrums. These will pinpoint stress on the ligaments and cause weakening of the outer portions of the ligs which in turn allows the SO stress to be fully applied to the center of the iigs which allows them to give easier. This is the divide and concur principle.

3: In many cases the necessity to increase weight isn't necessary. What can be done instead is to increase weight for a short period, two or three minutes and then go back to the previous weight and you'll find further gains for a period of time. Now that doesn't mean you won't have to increase weight at some point but avoiding weight increases and still perpetuating gains is the name of the game.

I leave out one other approach with SO hanging and that is changing the crotch level anchor point of SO hanging to an eye level anchor and WHALA! SU hanging. With twisting of the hips that adds another 3 angles to apply and then add fulcrums to that and you've got 6 new variations of stress all the while utilizing the same static weight or stress level.

The ligs don't stand a chance.
                09-2003 BPEL:6.0x5.5
                11-2004 BPEL:8.25x6.25
                PEWEIGHTS

Comment

Monty, did you use a bib hanger or was most of your hanging done with your weight system.
                  Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

I really cannot imagine how to hang SO with a bungee (?)
                    BPEL: 5.92 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 6.7 6.8 6.9 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5
                    MEG: 4.72 5.0 5.05 5.1 5.15 5.2 5.25 5.3 5.35 5.4 5.45 5.5
                    BEG: ? 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 5.9 6.0

Comment

Virtually all my hanging was with a Bib and a Bungee.

For those who can't perceive how to hang with a Bungee, conceptualize an anchor on your desk or perhaps using a door knob for a crotch level anchor point for one end of the Bungee and the other is attached to the hanging loop on the hanger.
                      09-2003 BPEL:6.0x5.5
                      11-2004 BPEL:8.25x6.25
                      PEWEIGHTS

Comment

Originally posted by Monty530 View Post
                        I have to get a word in here.

When I see someone who thinks adding weight per time duration i.e.: once week, I cringe. That is totally the wrong approach to hanging.

What should be the criteria to adding weight is a loss of gains. When you arbitrarily add weight in the manner you describe it is disaster in the making.

I gained over 2" in 14 months and never exceeded 20 pounds. I accomplished that by only increasing weight when my gains slowed or stopped.
                        If you want to avoid dangerous weight levels and possible injury then a more rational approach needs to be implemented.

1: keep accurate records on a calendar. Measure all you want but only record on the calendar once a month. This way you can easily see change. Daily measuring brings too many variables as you will easily see over time.

2: When you see gains slow or stop then there are many things you can do to continue progress without increasing weight.
                        Those things are: Angles of stress. If your only doing straight down hanging then you should consider Bungee hanging from the SO (straight-Out) position because with it you can twist your hips and change the angle of stress to one side or other i.e.: OTL. Now in addition to that other techniques can be applied that will facilitate additional perpetuation of gains. I speak now of fulcrums. These will pinpoint stress on the ligaments and cause weakening of the outer portions of the ligs which in turn allows the SO stress to be fully applied to the center of the iigs which allows them to give easier. This is the divide and concur principle.

3: In many cases the necessity to increase weight isn't necessary. What can be done instead is to increase weight for a short period, two or three minutes and then go back to the previous weight and you'll find further gains for a period of time. Now that doesn't mean you won't have to increase weight at some point but avoiding weight increases and still perpetuating gains is the name of the game.

I leave out one other approach with SO hanging and that is changing the crotch level anchor point of SO hanging to an eye level anchor and WHALA! SU hanging. With twisting of the hips that adds another 3 angles to apply and then add fulcrums to that and you've got 6 new variations of stress all the while utilizing the same static weight or stress level.

The ligs don't stand a chance.
                        I appreciate the help thank you. I am on my second day of SD with a 2.5lb. I only really felt fatigue a little bit on my third set of the second day. Im not sure if i should start at 5lbs next week because I am quite used to advanced manual stretches. I pull pretty hard when manually stretching. Is there a way I can tell how much weight i should start with? I read that I should feel fatigue on the first or second set. I feel it on the third mid way through (only today which was my second day in a row).

Comment

Working...
                        X