Filling Air Pump With Water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling Air Pump With Water?

Does anybody do this regularly? I've seen random posts about it, but nothing concrete.

I have done it and it works well, just another reason to stick with air pumps.
    Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Originally posted by BigO View Post
      I have done it and it works well, just another reason to stick with air pumps.
      Same here.

However, if you have a quality pump, you need to be careful not to suck in any water which can damage the inside of your pump. The brake bleeder style pumps come with a reservoir specifically designed to draw off any water which might get sucked in.
      Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
      12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
      12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
      01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
      01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
      01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
      Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Originally posted by not2big View Post
        Same here.

However, if you have a quality pump, you need to be careful not to suck in any water which can damage the inside of your pump. The brake bleeder style pumps come with a reservoir specifically designed to draw off any water which might get sucked in.
        Great point not2big
        Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

@BigO

I just tried it with a $10 pump I got off of Amazon. I figured it was going to be crap, but I was quite surprised. I'll have to try it with my more expensive one another day.

@not2big

It's one of those ball squeeze pumps. I didn't wanna try it with just air since I couldn't measure pressure. Water keeps getting stuck in the tube though. I think I'll probably just fill it with warm water to warm up for a routine from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by legend47 View Post

@not2big

It's one of those ball squeeze pumps. I didn't wanna try it with just air since I couldn't measure pressure. Water keeps getting stuck in the tube though. I think I'll probably just fill it with warm water to warm up for a routine from now on.
            I used a ball pump with water without any issues for about six months. However, I made sure the vacuum never felt as strong as when I used just air in my pump with a gauge. I had been pumping for quite a while so I had a good sense of when the vacuum reached unsafe limits.
            Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
            12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
            12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
            01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
            01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
            01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
            Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Yeah, I don't even use a pump for it's real purpose. Usually I'll keep my penis in one to keep from turtling after a workout. So basically, there's just enough pressure to keep it from being completely flaccid. I think I'm gonna wait at least another month to actually "pump".

Comment

Working...
              X