Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Namsokiek’s home-made LGH

Simplicity:
    As I mentioned before, this device is an incredibly clever use of a chunk of plastic. The clever part is the simplicity of design and the use of many techniques already used in PE. The moment I looked at it I knew that I would purchase one or make one.

Materials:
    2” cast acrylic rod, quick release valves, eye bolt w/ nut

Equipment:
    Taps for the eye bolt and the quick release valve. Eye bolt – go to a hardware store and select an eye bolt/w nut (not longer than 1” of thread) take it to a worker and ask them to help you find the right tap for that bolt. If you can screw the nut onto the tap, buy both items. Quick release valve the one I used has a specialized thread (1/8 NPT) I had to search for that specific tap. Forstner bit.

Miter saw, drill press, hand drill, table router.

You’ll want to make sure the blades are sharp and in good condition. You can only remove a little plastic at a time so you have to take each cut slowly and actions in which you’re removing a lot of materials (routering the edge and drilling the chamber) will take a significant amount of time and effort. The tap should specify the size of the drill bit necessary for that hole. If you don’t have that size bit, buy one as well.

Processes:
    Cut the body part - Square each end of the rod, chop 4” from the rod.

Drill the hole for the hanger – measure across one end of the rod, marking the center. Do this three–four times. You’ll likely have 3-4 marks close to each other but not directly on top of each other. This will help you eye-ball the center mark when you drill your anchor hole. Thread the nut onto the bolt until it stops, hold the bolt up to the drill bit to see how deep to drill it (tip of the bit against the nut, threaded section running along next to the bit) and mark with something like painter’s tape. Use the drill press to drill in the center of your group of marks, stopping when you get to the tape.

Router the edge – You’ll notice I have a beveled edge and not a rounded edge. It is incredibly hard to drill a center hole on a rounded edge (the edge of the rod) and I knew that routing a rounded edge then attempting to drill on that surface would likely lead to disaster. Instead, I beveled the edge, which made drilling the hole easier.

Drilling the valve hole – This is the first time you’ll need a jig of some sort. The jig for drilling in round things will work. They are made many different ways, but they have a “V” channel in which you lay the round part and drill. For your hanger you will not lay this down parallel to the channel but perpendicular. Position the beveled edge so it is under the drill bit. Repeat measuring the appropriate depth but mark about 1/8” deeper with your tape. Drill your hole. (good luck) If it isn’t directly center that is OK; difficult but OK.

Drilling the vacuum hole – Using a smaller bit and your hand drill, put the bit into the valve hole and drill a smaller hole until the tip of the hole is about 1 ¼” below the top of the rod.

Drilling the Chamber – This is the toughest part. You need to make sure the piece and the bit are parallel and the bit is drilling dead-center. That is not to say there isn’t room to compensate for errors, it is just you need to be extremely deliberate in everything you do now. One thing you can do is make a clamp or a holder. The most simple is to bore a hole through a 4”x4” the diameter of your rod. Using a mallet, tap your piece into the hole until you feel it is secure. Use a square to ensure it is plumb and tap it with the mallet if it is not. Having marked your hole (very carefully this time) begin drilling the chamber.

Go Slow!!! Remove only about 1/16” of material each time you press down. Your piece will get hot. Heat can change the property of the material and removing too much can make the plastic chip. You can stop and ensure you’re cutting parallel or your piece hasn’t shifted but you must be careful to get the bit back into the chamber properly when you start up again. Drill until you reach 3”.

Use the mallet to remove your piece from the jig then start threading the holes.

Threading the holes – you must ensure your tap is going in line with the hole. It won’t work if the tap is not aligned.

Screw in the eye bolt and tighten the nut against the plastic.

Get a silicone sleeve and a way to attach your weight and you’re golden.

Gotcha’s:
    Speed of cutting – Remember that you must slowly remove the material and that cutting, drilling, routing can lead to significant problems if you’re in a hurry.

Valve chamber – One of the trickiest parts is drilling the valve chamber. Drilling from the edge of a convex surface to the center is very tough (I was off a little) but it still works. The problem comes when you have to tap the hole. You have to ensure the tap is aligned to the hole.

Final Product:
    IMAG0012.jpg

WORKS LIKE A CHARM!
    namsokiek
    Banned
    Last edited by namsokiek; 09-20-2013, 03:59 AM. Reason: lots of tricky, trickies

I see some teflon tape on the threads of the valve, great for assuring no air leaks.
    Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
    Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Not too bad for someone wearing a patch on one eye.

Comment

the patch just came back from the dry cleaners too!
        Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
        Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

I have a little input on this, from direct experience.

First, great idea with the external bevel, that will save a lot of time and machine work. Also, A+++ for taking the time to show others your success and inspiring other members to take matters into their own hands!

I ordered a second "custom" dome to try out an idea. The idea was to have a narrower opening and have the interior of the dome bell outwards, to create a positive locking fit behind the coronal ridge. I'm not sure if it was a manufacturing flaw, or something that was deemed unimportant, but the new dome wasn't rounded on the inside at the top. It was flat across the top on the inside much like yours.

Anyways, it doesn't work nearly as well as the first one with the rounded dome at the top of internal chamber, since the glans can't fill all the void in the chamber. There seems to be a type of extra adhesion effect from having all of the surface area inside in contact with the glans. On my dome with the rounded interior, when weight is applied the vacuum changes only very slightly. On the dome with the flattened top inside the dome, adhesion is lost and I instantly feel things sliding outwards and can see a huge pressure increase on the gauge.

If you have the extra material laying around, you should try making a chamber that is domed on the top, I think you'll find the same results that I did - though it probably isn't something noticeable until you reach higher weights.

Perhaps a 1.5" de-burr ball bit would be an easy way to achieve this without a lathe (attaching sample image)

ballbit.jpg
          donjelqer76
          Retired Moderator
          PEGym Hero
          Last edited by donjelqer76; 08-11-2013, 04:18 PM.
          2011 2012 2013 2014

Comment

Brilliant craftsmanship... Very impressed!
            12-5-11 --- 7-4-14
            6.1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9 7.1.2.3
            4.7.8.9 5.1.2.3.4.5.6.7

Beginner's Guide-What to Expect
            The League Of PE Legends
            2014 Make Your Dick Bigger Challenge!!!

Comment

Originally posted by donjelqer76 View Post
              I have a little input on this, from direct experience.

First, great idea with the external bevel, that will save a lot of time and machine work. Also, A+++ for taking the time to show others your success and inspiring other members to take matters into their own hands!

I ordered a second "custom" dome to try out an idea. The idea was to have a narrower opening and have the interior of the dome bell outwards, to create a positive locking fit behind the coronal ridge. I'm not sure if it was a manufacturing flaw, or something that was deemed unimportant, but the new dome wasn't rounded on the inside at the top. It was flat across the top on the inside much like yours.

Anyways, it doesn't work nearly as well as the first one with the rounded dome at the top of internal chamber, since the glans can't fill all the void in the chamber. There seems to be a type of extra adhesion effect from having all of the surface area inside in contact with the glans. On my dome with the rounded interior, when weight is applied the vacuum changes only very slightly. On the dome with the flattened top inside the dome, adhesion is lost and I instantly feel things sliding outwards and can see a huge pressure increase on the gauge.

If you have the extra material laying around, you should try making a chamber that is domed on the top, I think you'll find the same results that I did - though it probably isn't something noticeable until you reach higher weights.

Perhaps a 1.5" de-burr ball bit would be an easy way to achieve this without a lathe (attaching sample image)
              I did want to have a tapered end to the chamber but couldn't find the right tool for the job. I haven't the patience to use my dremel with rounded bits and I couldn't find a rounded end drill bit or endmill either.

I'll keep looking though. I purchased 2' of the stuff and the one pictured was my first try.

Comment

Originally posted by namsokiek View Post
                I did want to have a tapered end to the chamber but couldn't find the right tool for the job. I haven't the patience to use my dremel with rounded bits and I couldn't find a rounded end drill bit or endmill either.

I'll keep looking though. I purchased 2' of the stuff and the one pictured was my first try.
                Awesome, keep us posted!
                2011 2012 2013 2014

Comment

I've been hanging for a couple days now and I've noticed, or rather failed to notice, something I'd like to mention. I've read where folks will experience slipping, where the dome begins to slip off their glans, when additional weight is applied. Although I am not using much weight (5lbs), I've noticed that I can still maintain my position in the chamber at 5inHg. My chamber diameter is 0.003" smaller than my shaft behind the glands but there are a couple things different with my design than the original (See the picture below).

IMAG0005.jpg

1. The chamber is 2.75" deep. This allows more surface area to grip. This may be at the expense of stretching the tunica for the extra inch of chamber.

2. You'll notice the inside of the chamber is not very smooth. I had to re-adjust the piece while boring the chamber and ended up creating ridges on the inside walls of the chamber. I considered sanding them off then polishing the chamber but I thought I would see how effective the ridges improved the grip during use.

I think these two things, primarily the ridges, really help things stay in place. I can use lower vacuum and lower the risk of blisters and edema around the glans.

Comment

namsokiek how much did it cost you to build it in total?

Comment

Materials used = Plastic $84 + quick release valves $50 + eye bolts $6 = $140

Tool accessories used = $60

Total cost = $200 (includes $25 shipping)

Materials unused = $6 (eyebolts that I didn't match to the tap)

Tool accessories unused = $46 (I bought two forstner bits then decided to buy the set...anyone want to buy some bits? Tap/die set)

Shop time = 2 hrs. This would normally cost $20-$30/hr.

These costs do not include the silicone sleeve or the tender tape.

Like I said, I purchased enough material to make six domes.

Comment

Great craftsmanship. Thanks for all your insight

Comment

I've put on about 18 hrs into my LGH and I thought I would provide some feedback for anyone interested.

I wrap as discussed in the official thread but I also use the strips of duct tape criss-crossed over the meatus on the outside of the wrap. That makes for a very solid transfer of weight from the dome to the shaft. I'm going to get some grip tape that donjelqer76 mentioned in his post and test that out as well.

I've been able to do 2-hour sets at 5 lbs for a week. Friday was a short day so I bumped it up to 8lbs for 1-hour and felt great! I've been doing mostly SD and BTC (or about 1/2 BTC because I'm just leaning back in my chair).

Wear:
                          My silicone base and my cable clamp has been placed at the base of my penis for my warmup. I'll kegel to get nearly erect then close the clamp to maintain the erection level. This makes it easy to wrap while engorged and a simple two-hand evolution. I slide into the dome, roll down the sleeve, and bring the dome to 5"hg. I remove the clamp, add the weight and go. No problem with slippage, or poor expansion because I wrapped too tight.

I found the pulley and line restricts my movements too much, so I've stopped using them for now. They would be great for a sitting-still activity like watching movies.

Observations:
                          The length of my shaft which is inside the dome chamber expands to the dome diameter. The chamber is about 2.5" long. Because the end of the dome is flat, my glans take on a snubby look when I first get out of the dome (no meatus blisters if it is flat against the top).

Fatigue is felt throughout the entire shaft. I'm uncertain if the fatigue for the part of my shaft which is inside the dome is from the vac or hanging.

I've noticed that I get a bit of edema on the top of my shaft after use.

I wonder if using the grip tape will impact the edema.

Summary:
                          Vac hanging is the BOMB! I'm hanging in less than 10 minutes (including my 5-min warmup) and I'm good to go for at least two hours. I've been able to drop weight and ride it out. My penis feels like a million bucks after hanging now instead of feeling like a snake that was squished by a Mack truck. I'll be continuing with 8lbs next week and see where it takes me.
                          namsokiek
                          Banned
                          Last edited by namsokiek; 08-29-2013, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Awesome thread, I will surely be following this one.
                            Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

I have been hanging my weights using zip ties but I decided on a quicker and quieter way to add or drop weight
                              IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

it works like a charm.
                              namsokiek
                              Banned
                              Last edited by namsokiek; 09-02-2013, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X