Extending while sleeping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extending while sleeping?

Hi, I'm new to this site so forgive me if this has been asked before. I've been browsing the forums for a while and keep reading that it isn't recommended to use your extender while sleeping. Can anyone give a bit more detail on this? Is this for a safety reason? Healing time? I personally own a x4labs extender, and like many people rushed into it. I tried wearing the extender during the day, but could never really make it past two hours. I then began warming up and putting it on right before bed. Surprisingly I was able to go a four plus hours without having to remove it. Am I causing harm to myself by doing it this way?

Well you run the risk of blood circulation loss..If you keep it up for too long you will lose blood circulation to the glans. Maybe you got lucky that time but it is really not recommended by any. Why take the risk? I'd say if you had a penimaster pro where it's all vacuumed up, you don't have to worry much but it is still not recommended.

Comment

Your penis will become erect a few times during the night. These are called nocturnal erections or night time boners. You could possibly injure yourself with the extender on.

Comment

While wearing it during the day, I mainly only feel pain on the glans, I try to take it off every 2 hours and give myself a 30 minute break and then go back to it. Should I be giving myself more time in between breaks?

Comment

Extending while sleeping with a strap or noose based extender is a very very bad idea. Vacuum based systems are much safer in this regard as they don't cut off circulation and aren't effected much by nocturnal erections. Still, many wouldn't even recommend using a vacuum-based system in your sleep - it may work fine for you 1000 times, but it only takes once to change your life forever!
          2011 2012 2013 2014

Comment

Originally posted by donjelqer76 View Post
            Extending while sleeping with a strap or noose based extender is a very very bad idea. Vacuum based systems are much safer in this regard as they don't cut off circulation and aren't effected much by nocturnal erections. Still, many wouldn't even recommend using a vacuum-based system in your sleep - it may work fine for you 1000 times, but it only takes once to change your life forever!
            There is NO way I would ever do anything in my sleep!
            PE is a lot like sex. First you have to find your technique, rotate your routine, and then plan on it taking a while. Then you will find satisfaction.

Comment

I use my PMP during afternoon naps/light dozing/siesta. My nighttime sleep is too important to be bothered with extra hardware getting in the way.
              Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
              Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

I do a lot of extending with my VacExtender Mod in bed at night. I usually watch tv using my TVEars while my wife sleeps next to me. I am a bit older than most of the members here so I usually doze off for up to an hour or so, but always wake up to go to the bathroom. One of the advantages of being older. Be aware, however, that even with the Vac mod there is a risk of blisters if the vacuum leaks while you are sleeping. Accordingly, never use maximum stretch if there is a chance you will fall asleep. Not recommended for deep sleepers.
                Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
                12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
                12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
                01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
                01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
                01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
                Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Originally posted by not2big View Post
                  I do a lot of extending with my VacExtender Mod in bed at night. I usually watch tv using my TVEars while my wife sleeps next to me. I am a bit older than most of the members here so I usually doze off for up to an hour or so, but always wake up to go to the bathroom. One of the advantages of being older. Be aware, however, that even with the Vac mod there is a risk of blisters if the vacuum leaks while you are sleeping. Accordingly, never use maximum stretch if there is a chance you will fall asleep. Not recommended for deep sleepers.
                  I would not to interfere with my nighttime erections. That are normal and required maintenance for our bodies.

If someone has ED and does not have the nighttime erections than it would not matter in my opinion.
                  PE is a lot like sex. First you have to find your technique, rotate your routine, and then plan on it taking a while. Then you will find satisfaction.

Comment

Originally posted by DaddyDick View Post

If someone has ED and does not have the nighttime erections than it would not matter in my opinion.
                    Another advantage of being older. Never realized how lucky I am.
                    Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
                    12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
                    12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
                    01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
                    01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
                    01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
                    Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Because of nocturnal erections, you MUST test any sleep technique you're thinking of trying while awake and erect first. Apply the device, get erect, and flop around on the bed to consider bad things that might happen. If you proceed, maybe set an alarm every two hours the first few nights so you can check things out and put your mind at ease.

Let's of guys wear tapeless tuggers like the VLC Tugger in bed, but each must make his own decision about the risks of doing so. NEVER tug down toward the leg; use the over-the-shoulder strap if tugging while asleep. If you have special medical circumstances (required medications make you extra drowsy, limited circulation, pain sensation is interrupted, you go to bed high or drunk) then definitely discuss those honestly with your doctor.

-Ron
                      Foreskin Restoration, PE, Peyronies, and Phimosis solutions are my life's work.

Comment

Originally posted by TLCTugger View Post
                        Because of nocturnal erections, you MUST test any sleep technique you're thinking of trying while awake and erect first. Apply the device, get erect, and flop around on the bed to consider bad things that might happen. If you proceed, maybe set an alarm every two hours the first few nights so you can check things out and put your mind at ease.

Let's of guys wear tapeless tuggers like the VLC Tugger in bed, but each must make his own decision about the risks of doing so. NEVER tug down toward the leg; use the over-the-shoulder strap if tugging while asleep. If you have special medical circumstances (required medications make you extra drowsy, limited circulation, pain sensation is interrupted, you go to bed high or drunk) then definitely discuss those honestly with your doctor.

-Ron
                        Great advice

Comment

Working...
                        X