Phallosan Forte Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phallosan Forte Review

I recently purchased the Phallosan Forte. I plan to update this thread periodically to detail my experience with the device. This post will include my background and preliminary impressions based on the first 3 days of use.

Background:

I've been doing PE in various forms for about 5 years. I started with a newbie routine and saw very little in the way of permanent gains from a relatively dedicated year of jelqing and manual stretching. Frustrated, I essentially abandoned manual exercises and purchased an inexpensive ebay noose-type extender which I have worn sporadically for about the past 4 years. With various makeshift modifications to improve comfort, I initially averaged around 4-8 hours a day, but over time, I became less consistent and there have been many months when I didn't wear the extender at all. I don't have a detailed record of my total hours, but during that time, my erect length has increased by about a half inch.

The most I had ever spent on PE was the $30 for my original ebay extender. I've been relatively happy with it, and I don't have a lot of discretionary income at the moment, but my schedule lately has made it even harder to find hours at home to use the extender. I started to reconsider if the Phallosan might be worth the investment just to be able to wear it in public and get more hours. After reading some of the recent posts here (Diesel, Julian, etc.) I decided to make the purchase.

Initial Review:

The Phallosan is certainly more comfortable than my old noose-type extender and significantly easier to wear in public and for longer periods, but it is not the panacea I had hoped it might be based on its price. Since I don't have any experience using vacuum-based devices, I'm sure I have a learning curve and some acclimating to undergo.

I still feel a pain/fatigue in my glans after 2-3 hours and feel the need to remove the device for a few minutes to reestablish circulation. I seem to be able to forestall this sensation by not pumping the vacuum as strong and/or by setting the belt to a slightly lower tension.

I am circumcised but have had some pain a couple times when shaft skin gets sucked into the vacuum between the protector cap and the condom. I've found that achieving a semi erect penis prior to applying the device and pulling down on the shaft skin when rolling down the condom seems to help avoid this situation. Using baby powder on my penis and on the silicone parts also seems to help avoid pinching the skin.

Perhaps most troubling, I seem to have developed a thrombosed vein right at the base of my penis on the side where the foam ring applies pressure. The first day I wore the device to the right the whole day and it was on that side (where the pressure from the ring collapsed the vein) that the clot formed. The vein was hard and slightly painful. The next day I wore the device pointing in the other direction and today I alternated directions every time I reapplied. The thrombosis seems to have partially resolved. The vein is still somewhat hard, but no longer painful.

I still feel a little self-conscious wearing the device in public. It is much easier to walk normally and significantly less visible under pants than my old extender, but the bell and suction ball bulge in the area above my pocket. This will be easier to disguise with heavier clothing during winter months.

Notwithstanding these preliminary caveats, I have been able to wear the phallosan for more hours in a single day than I had recently been wearing my extender in a whole week. Of course, it is too soon to tell if these hours will yield any measurable gains. For now, I'd say the Phallosan might be worth the cost if you're unable to accumulate the hours at home with a traditional extender. Let me know if you have any questions about the device. I'll check back with further feedback and updates.
    pudendal
    Last edited by pudendal; 08-26-2013, 02:32 AM.
    2008: 6" BPEL
    Now: 7-1/8" BPEL
    Goal: 8" BPEL

Current Progress Log
    Phallosan Forte Review

Comfort Modification:

The first DIY improvement I've made with the Phallosan has been to add padding where the clip presses into my hip. I cut the toe out of a baby sock and slid it onto the belt. After connecting the eyelets of the tension clip, I slide the sock over all of the plastic pieces. This is more comfortable and leaves less of an impression in my skin.
    pudendal
    Last edited by pudendal; 08-27-2013, 05:11 PM.

Current Progress Log
    Phallosan Forte Review

Comment

Condom slipping:

I am definitely a medium based on the size template, and this fit well for the first few days, but already the condom has started to stretch and is loose enough to sometimes leak air into the vacuum and cause slipping. I've only used the device for about 5 days of 8-10 hrs. wear time per day. The rapid turnover of expensive condoms was one of the reasons I hesitated to buy the phallosan, and the new 3 free condom offer definitely factored in my decision to go ahead and make the purchase.

For now, I decided that if the medium condom has stretched out to be too loose, the small might stretch out to be the right size, and maybe as I gain penis size the medium will work again later on. I've put the small size condom on the medium bell. I rolled it up around the bell and left it there for a few hours to try and stretch it out. It is really tight when I use it (my shaft is compressed under the condom and leaves an impression when I take it off), but at least it doesn't leak air.

I guess I'll wait a while to see how the small condom works and if my penis is growing before I submit the voucher for the free condoms and decide which size to order.

Let me know if you have any suggestions to avoid condom stretching/slipping.
      pudendal
      Last edited by pudendal; 08-27-2013, 07:22 PM.

Current Progress Log
      Phallosan Forte Review

Comment

Wear During Sleep:

I never used my old extender while sleeping for fear I'd wake up with a necrotic cock, but I used the Phallosan while sleeping for the first time for a few hours last night. I hadn't gotten as many hours yesterday, so I left the device on while I fell asleep.

It was relatively easy to get comfortable on my back or turning onto the side opposite the tension clip. At one point I woke up and reduced the tension on the belt and again a few hours later I woke up with an erection and took the device off. Even with nocturnal erections, the minimal discomfort I felt was more at the base around the foam ring than in the glans.

I don't plan to regularly wear the Phallosan while sleeping, but it seems like a good way to get a few extra hours on days when I've come up short.
        pudendal
        Last edited by pudendal; 08-29-2013, 03:47 PM.

Current Progress Log
        Phallosan Forte Review

Comment

Traction Force:

Does friction reduce the tension exerted by Phallosan?

Remember those Free Body Diagrams (FBDs) they made you draw in high school physics (e.g. a box on an inclined plan annotated with all kinds of arrows representing the direction and magnitude of the forces acting on the object)?

It seems to me the FBD for traditional extenders (or even for hangers) would be pretty simple with a force pulling the penis away from the body, and the magnitude of this force could be adequately estimated based on the tension calibration on your extender (or the weight you’re hanging with).

Since getting my Phallosan Forte, I’ve been thinking about what a FBD would look like for this device. At the suggestion of Diesel and other members on this forum, Phallosan has added a figure to their website showing the grams of tension that correspond to the green-yellow-red markings on their springs. However, since the Phallosan device pulls the penis up and against the body rather than away from the body, it seems to me there is also a frictional force (of the penis against the body and against clothing) which would counteract some of the tension from the device and that this frictional force might be greater when wearing tight pants, boxer briefs, or other clothing that would tend to hold the penis in place.

In practice, it feels like I'm getting a better pull without my pants on. Am I imagining this? Are the hours I'm wearing it clothed while in public not as good as the hours I'm at home in the buff? Should I add greater tension on the belt before I put on my pants to compensate?

Maybe one of you physics nerds/penis engineers out there could check my theory.

Current Progress Log
          Phallosan Forte Review

Comment

Rough Glans Skin:

Has anyone else using the Phallosan or another vacuum-based device noticed that the skin on their glans becomes a little rough/leathery with extended use? The Phallosan instructions suggest that you don't have to wear the protector cap after a few weeks of acclimation/experience. Would my skin be better or worse without the protector cap? Will the skin return to normal given some time after I've finished using the device?

Current Progress Log
            Phallosan Forte Review

Comment

The skin will return to normal with a long break or discontinued use of any device that put stress in that area. I'm not using the Phallosan, but I get the same symptoms using the extender. What will happen in my case is that since the skin will not stretch in that area; I will get tears that become very painful. I will take a break and allow the skin to return to normal; but do some light jelqs with a moisturing lotion to aid the healing process.
              Sir Bedevere: ...and that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped.
              King Arthur: This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.

Comment

Growth Rate

Anecdotal reports of growth rate for traditional extenders range from 1,000 to 2,000 hours per inch. While comfort and concealability make it significantly easier to accumulate hours with the Phallosan, I've been wondering if each hour with the Phallosan gives as much growth as other extenders.

The clinical study posted on the Phallosan website reports that study participants averaged 1.78cm of growth in 6 months of use and averaged 6.23 hours of wear per day. Converting the units, this works out to about 1,625 hours per inch (within the range of what's been reported for other extenders).

I should note that this is the overall growth rate for the entire 6 months of the study, but it looks like growth slowed as the study period progressed (assuming wear time remained consistent), and it might take longer to reach a full inch of growth.

For me, it's too soon to reliably measure any growth but at least I have an idea of what to expect.
                pudendal
                Last edited by pudendal; 09-04-2013, 10:22 PM.

Current Progress Log
                Phallosan Forte Review

Comment

Hi Pudental,

i just read your thread...very nice!

First of all the best would be if you are able to wear Phallosan 9 hours a day 6 days a week. The clinical trial shows you only the average, since some only were wearing the system for 1 or 2 hours the average statistic dramatically decreased. When subtracting these 2 hour guys there is an average growth of 3,7 cm. The "record" of a over 50 year old wearing Phallosan 9 hours a day 6 times a week achieved significant: 4.9 cm!!! That is definitely a great result but i have to say it also depends on many factors (skin, stress...and so on).

like in every study, all testers are at the beginning very excited but as you can imagine, some lost this feeling of excitement after 3-4 month, that’s why the results dropped. Cant control them all the time

Just wanted to help you with your "question" , if you need anything please let me know or visit me in my Phallosan forte Thread.

All the best
                  Julian

Originally posted by pudendal View Post
                  Growth Rate

Anecdotal reports of growth rate for traditional extenders range from 1,000 to 2,000 hours per inch. While comfort and concealability make it significantly easier to accumulate hours with the Phallosan, I've been wondering if each hour gives as much growth.

The clinical study posted on the Phallosan website reports that study participants averaged 1.78cm of growth in 6 months of use and averaged 6.23 hours of wear per day. Converting the units, this works out to about 1,625 hours per inch (within the range of what's been reported for other extenders).

I should note that this is the overall growth rate for the entire 6 months of the study, but it looks like growth slowed as the study period progressed (assuming wear time remained consistent), and it might take longer to reach a full inch of growth.

For me, it's too soon to reliably measure any growth but at least I have an idea of what to expect.
                  Phallosan
                  Official Phallosan Representative
                  Last edited by Phallosan; 09-04-2013, 07:43 AM.
                  All Introduction Videos of Phallosan forte at one sight, try it, test it, Love it :-):

Direct Phallosan Forte Support for You!

Comment

thanks for the review,
                    good points

Comment

Condom Slipping Update:

Julian in the Phallosan support thread suggested that my condom slipping issue could have been resolved by using less baby powder to achieve a better seal. I think excess powder might have been part of the problem, but I also think the medium condom had visibly stretched (over the 5 days of use). Since then, I've been using the small sized condom (intentionally stretched out by leaving it rolled up onto the medium bell). I've still occasionally had some minor slipping but generally this is working well even with the baby powder. I'm actually glad my ego didn't keep me from trying the "small" size condom (even though I'm a medium on the size template). Since the condoms are at a premium, it's worth making use of the small condom that comes with the kit until it breaks, and hopefully I'll grow into using the medium such that it will keep a good seal. I'm still waiting to decide which size to order with the 3 free condoms voucher.
                      pudendal
                      Last edited by pudendal; 09-05-2013, 08:32 AM.

Current Progress Log
                      Phallosan Forte Review

Comment

Shaft Skin Irritation:

I fell asleep wearing the Phallosan again last night and woke up a few hours later with a raging erection. I felt some pain where the foam ring pulls on the base of my penis and in the middle of my shaft where the edge of the condom compresses the skin. I removed the device and fell back to sleep. Looking at my penis this morning, there is a red, raw ring around the middle of my shaft where the edge of the condom had been. This was probably exacerbated by my decision to use the small size condom (though intentionally stretched out over the bell) to achieve a better seal. I'm going to take today off and see how it looks tomorrow. When I resume, I might try switching back to the medium sized condom and see if it maintains the vacuum. Maybe this is a sign my penis is growing? It has felt a little bigger in my hands, but I'm resisting the urge to take a measurement until at least a month of use.
                        pudendal
                        Last edited by pudendal; 09-09-2013, 08:18 AM.

Current Progress Log
                        Phallosan Forte Review

Comment

I have been using the phallosan for over a month now. It sounds like the condom is too small for you. In relation to the foam ring, yes it can chave/get sore after a few hours of wear (I have noticed around the four hour mark almost to the minute for me!), so what I do is then just change the sides it is pulling towards and there is no longer a problem, because the area of discomfort is not being aggravated by the ring now. Thanks for your reviews of the phallosan so far, and hopefully we get some gains. I have noticed mine feels heavier, stronger EQ, and looks a little bigger, but I am going to probably wait til the 3 month and 6 month marks to measure.

Originally posted by pudendal View Post
                          Shaft Skin Irritation:

I fell asleep wearing the Phallosan again last night and woke up a few hours later with a raging erection. I felt some pain where the foam ring pulls on the base of my penis and in the middle of my shaft where the edge of the condom compresses the skin. I removed the device and fell back to sleep. Looking at my penis this morning, there is a red, raw ring around the middle of my shaft where the edge of the condom had been. This was probably exacerbated by my decision to use the small size condom (though intentionally stretched out over the bell) to achieve a better seal. I'm going to take today off and see how it looks tomorrow. When I resume, I might try switching back to the medium sized condom and see if it maintains the vacuum. Maybe this is a sign my penis is growing? It has felt a little bigger in my hands, but I'm resisting the urge to take a measurement until at least a month of use.
                          League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Comment

Pudendal , what were your girth measurements when you started using it ?

Comment

Update on Shaft Skin Irritation:

My skin feels better and the erythema has almost completely faded after taking today off. The small condom was always tight, but I was using it to try for a better seal to avoid slipping. I think I will change back to the medium size tomorrow.

Kickinthemebs, I also use the strategy of switching sides to avoid chafing from the foam ring. I don't have a sense yet that my penis is any heavier, and I've always had pretty good eq, but when I use both hands to masturbate, it does seem like maybe there's just a little more of the glans visible sticking out at the top. My hands together are about 6 inches.

Timmy, I never took a good girth measurement. I'd estimate that at one time I was around 5 inches at the widest, but I might have gotten some growth above that from using my old extender before switching to the Phallosan. Not sure what my girth is now. I'm kind of a baseball bat shape as my base girth is narrower and my coronal ridge is pretty pronounced.

Rest Days Question:

Do you guys regularly take any days off from the Phallosan? I know Julian on the Phallosan support thread recommended one day off a week, but today is the first break I've taken since starting a couple weeks ago. I tend to think that, unless recovering from injury, rest days aren't really necessary with extenders and the more hours you can get the better. What do you think?
                              pudendal
                              Last edited by pudendal; 09-09-2013, 07:44 PM.

Current Progress Log
                              Phallosan Forte Review

Comment

Working...
                              X