Actual causes of blisters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actual causes of blisters

From what Ive read I understand that hanging for too long too fast or increasing weight too fast is what causes blisters to occur, but.....WHY do they occur? Is it because the glans pulls away from the dome? Theres movement between the tape/wrap and ur skin? I was hanging 6.5lbs for 90 mins twice a day. I increased to 7.5lbs for an hour and after a fee sessions developed a blister. Was in the edge of fatigue so I feel I was getting close to that theshold of weight where I could hang out a bit but now have to take some time off for it to heal. I feel I was increasing fairly slowly so was kind of surprised. Also, when I return should I go back to say 5lbs and work my way up?
    Starting..........Current
    BPFSL - 8"........8 7/8"
    BPEL - 7.5".......8.5"
    NBPEL - 7"........8"
    MSEG - 5.5"......6"

All time goal
    9.5"x6.5" :biggrin1: 8=======D

In some cases, a pulling force, begins the delamination of the surface layer of skin from that tissue underneath it. Lymph fluid fills that new void. The more often a particular area is put under stress, the more apt the trouble is to re-occur.
    How long it takes for you to recover and how you should proceed, is up to you.
    Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
    Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Too much vacuum (HG) is what causes them. More weight you hang from the vacuum tube the higher the vacuum inside goes. You can see the same thing if you pull on an air pump with your gauge attached.

Comment

Does anyone think maybe adding baby powder to your glans prior to wrapping might help?
        Starting..........Current
        BPFSL - 8"........8 7/8"
        BPEL - 7.5".......8.5"
        NBPEL - 7"........8"
        MSEG - 5.5"......6"

All time goal
        9.5"x6.5" :biggrin1: 8=======D

Comment

Does the baby powder reduce the amount of vacuum inside the hanger?

Comment

Originally posted by gayron36 View Post
            No, don't use baby powder. It will absorb liquid. But it becomes a slippery paste when made moist, which can cause more friction.

Friction and moisture = chance for blisters regardless if taping. This is because it creates space under the tape and that allows for surface skin to slip away from the underlining skin layers or tissues. The body fills that void with lymphatic fluid to prevent damage (i.e. - water blister).

You may want to try just wrapping your glan with coban tape. Watch the grip system video to see how. Feels like sand paper on your glan; however, it maintains it's shape, compression, and allow moisture to pass through instead of congregate. The grip system c flex sleeve can also be helpful; but I don't use it for hanging. I only use it for an ADS.

Also, I think 30 min to 1 hour long sets are wise. Over an hour with a vacuum hanger without a break seems a large component in blister formation.

These are all just my opinion. Also, my hanging is with the Phallosan and not the LG Hanger. Just wanted to add a disclaimer. I have a grip system; however, it slips too much over 6 pounds for some reason. Phallosan seems to be holding strong passed 6 lbs and up to 9 so far.

Comment

Originally posted by gayron36 View Post
              How could it do that? NO is the answer.
              Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

I think (opinion) after a certain weight and vacuum, there's no way to avoid blisters. My boyfriend pumps and most of the guys he knows who pump, including himself, never go much past 15-18HG.

Comment

15-to 18 hg is asking for an injury, plus it is only good for temp gains. Pumping at lower pressures for longer sets is safer and better.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverEnough9 View Post
                    Does anyone think maybe adding baby powder to your glans prior to wrapping might help?
                    Nope

Comment

Working...
                    X